Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certified copies- can the police do them for free?

Certified copies- can the police do them for free?

Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:04 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Certified copies- can the police do them for free?

I have been browsing this site and I came across a tread posted back in 2002, that they got their documents certified by your local cop shop. Has anyone on this site got their documents certified this way?

And I'm told is free!!!!!!!!!!

Is this true?

Cheers
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:09 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Certified copies- can the police do them for free?

A police officer certified ours and it was free...but hes a mate..
however i do believe if they will agree to do it at your local cop shop that it is free...its just getting one to do it in work time when they have sooo many other forms to do in triplicate!

Originally Posted by julie hilton
I have been browsing this site and I came across a tread posted back in 2002, that they got their documents certified by your local cop shop. Has anyone on this site got their documents certified this way?

Is this true?

Cheers
Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Certified copies- can the police do them for free?

A police office done all of our for tra and for pr application. We knew him so gave him a few bottles and hubby done some gas/plumber thingy for him. There was a thread a few weeks ago saying police officers cant sign them but i think it may depend on agency or c/officer, ours were fine.

sarah-jayne
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

chrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the roughchrisvan is a jewel in the rough

Hi

if u can't get police officer try the local Citizens Advice Bureau they usually have a JP on duty or know of where one is and its free!!

Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice
Cool Re: Certified copies- can the police do them for free?

My other half is a police officer does that mean he can certify my documents? or one of his mates?

Cheers

Jo
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:17 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll find that in the UK it is not technically possible for a police officer to certify documents as true copies. However, the Australian skills assessing bodies and DIMA may (emphasis - MAY) accept them because in Australia police officers ARE given authority under law to certify documents and to witness Statutory Declarations.

More information is here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=236

Best regards.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:03 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Certified copies- can the police do them for free?

Just bringing this one back up to verify that yes police officers can certify documents...
(as long as they write on headed police paper who they are, how long theyve been in service etc)...
our TRA went through with no problems (18days) and a friend PC did all our certifying...
Jo the FW used a PC as well and hers went through...as has her Visa!
Kat xxx
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
Just bringing this one back up to verify that yes police officers can certify documents...
(as long as they write on headed police paper who they are, how long theyve been in service etc)...
our TRA went through with no problems (18days) and a friend PC did all our certifying...
Jo the FW used a PC as well and hers went through...as has her Visa!
Kat xxx
Technically though they are not allowed to do this in many Forces. It can actually be a breach of their terms and conditions of employment to use headed notepaper for this purpose. Reason being that it is not part of their job to certify documents, and the paper should only be used for official purposes.
Its a private decision if the officer decides to do the certifying, and if they refuse, please don't get offended.

Pollyana
(ex- UK police employee, quoting from what was then Force policy)
Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

RIng the general number of your local magistrates court. THey only charge 8 quid for the lot. They type up each one and then you have to go before the magistrate ad 'declare' that everything you are saying is true> Ours took two days to come back adn twenty mins in front of the magistrate (who was lovely). MUCH better and cheaper than paying hundreds to a solicitor.

Is this true?

Cheers
Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:48 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

I was in Reading County court today, and I asked them and they said NO! I also asked my Local magistrate's and they said NO. Does any one know who I can go to. I live in the Berkshire area. (Bracknell)

Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:54 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Reading County court today, and I asked them and they said NO! I also asked my Local magistrate's and they said NO. Does any one know who I can go to. I live in the Berkshire area. (Bracknell)

Thanks
there was a post on here that a man of the cloth vicar or priest might be able to do it therewas a list being posted around try doing a search that may come up with the list.

sorry i cnt be of more help but OH best mates hubby did ours very nice Police Officer.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:58 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=236

Best regards.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:01 pm
Got our visas

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
there was a post on here that a man of the cloth vicar or priest might be able to do it therewas a list being posted around try doing a search that may come up with the list.

sorry i cnt be of more help but OH best mates hubby did ours very nice Police Officer.

Thanks for that

Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by liver bird
RIng the general number of your local magistrates court. THey only charge 8 quid for the lot. They type up each one and then you have to go before the magistrate ad 'declare' that everything you are saying is true> Ours took two days to come back adn twenty mins in front of the magistrate (who was lovely). MUCH better and cheaper than paying hundreds to a solicitor.
Didn't work that way when I rang Pontefract court,Doncaster court,they wanted £8 for each piece of paper they signed,said it was for admin charges.Told them that was crap and £8 all up but no luck getting them to change their mind.
John
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

my bank manager (natwest) stamped all official documents and signed them for husbands spouse visa, no problem. (3 years ago)
karen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.