Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A certain shipping company........

A certain shipping company........

Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:37 am
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: A certain shipping company........

Originally Posted by seaangel
God do they still make Pacers? Haven't heard of those for years!!
LOL!! You're showing your age!!!

My Mum told me about them when I found this one down the back of the couch
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:03 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
LOL!! You're showing your age!!!

My Mum told me about them when I found this one down the back of the couch

That's what you get for being born in the 70's!! Brought back nice memories though!!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:10 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by seaangel
That's what you get for being born in the 70's!! Brought back nice memories though!!
HAHA, just kiddin' with ya! I was born and man landed on the moon!!! That must tell ya something
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Lis, I'm glad to hear that your claim has been settled. I wonder how much business AP have lost/are losing due to their poor reputation on this forum. Irrespective of what they do to set things right now, I'd not risk using them - and I suspect that a lot of people on here feel the same.

Sorry Mr Payne, but (forgive the pun) the damage is already done.

Nicky
And incidentally the damage is still being done. If you are reading this Mr Payne, maybe you would like to contact Migrate Global and tell them whether a certain pathetic shipping company ever intends to deliver my property........
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

To avoid any misunderstandings caused by this post, this is me posting as an individual NOT as a Mod.
============================

Now I don't know whether this is the power of BE. or yet another example of the spooky events my dad's spirit has created this week (first anniversary of his death, and its his stuff I'm shipping), but..........2 hours after posting that message the company that is sitting on my boxes in Sydney, Australian Vanlines, decided to ring me. They have had my stuff for 7 weeks, I've phoned, the Uk company has phoned, we've emailed, we've begged and we've shouted. Vanlines have told us tall stories about release dates, delivery dates, lost phone numbers, lost addresses, and "Anglo P won't release your goods but we don't know why, and they won't tell us"
Why is it with Anglo P? Cos unfortunately they have the actual shipping contract from coast to coast. If I'd known that up front I'd have airfreighted it with Qantas, sod the cost!
So today, 2 hours after posting this message and suggesting that my UK shippers contact the eminent Mr Payne, well known on this site, they found my number and said "It'll take us till late next week to get the goods to Brisbane because they will arrive by train, or maybe by courier, we don't really know, but you will have them by the end of next week".
Well, its progress, the fact that it will take 10 days for a train or truck to travel from Sydney to Brisbane is pretty stunning but it could be worse.

Timeline? Bristol 16th March, Sydney 1st May. 6 weeks
Sydney 1st May....eta Brisbane 5th July 9 weeks.

Am I missing something here or am I dealing with a pathetic shipping co again?