Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A certain shipping company........

A certain shipping company........

Old May 3rd 2006, 3:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A certain shipping company........

Originally Posted by fraser
Being the cynic that I am, what has he got to lose by posting on here as his companys reputation is in tatters and it's his job to put that right as a salesman.

He's come on here to sweet talk people, it's all pr.
Well he did try and deal with just me, by pm to start with, so I guess at least he has proved he will widen his scope to include other customers........lets see where it goes from here

(but being a fellow cynic Fraser, I knwo exactly where you are coming from.....and where was he when I wrote to the company two years ago )
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:46 am
Just Joined

John Payne has a spectacular aura aboutJohn Payne has a spectacular aura aboutJohn Payne has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well he did try and deal with just me, by pm to start with, so I guess at least he has proved he will widen his scope to include other customers........lets see where it goes from here

(but being a fellow cynic Fraser, I knwo exactly where you are coming from.....and where was he when I wrote to the company two years ago )
I did not expect everyone to accept my post as genuine. Life teaches us to be cynical, and if I’m honest I must admit to being a little cynical at times myself.

It would have been very easy for me not to approach Polly in the first instance, and just as easy not to post my response to Polly’s thread. Please remember that I had intended private dialogue with Polly and had not intended to ‘go public’ at this point, so it was never a pre-conceived attempt at getting PR or trying to repair our reputation. Despite the Britishexpats factor, we are a successful business and have grown considerably over the past few years.

Polly, you ask where I was two years ago when you were having your problems. The answer is that I was not working for Anglo Pacific. I was with a competitor. Last year I was made redundant. I had a few options available to me, and considered that the possibilities at Anglo for me personally were better than elsewhere.

I have been around this industry for twenty-five years. I have served on various British Association or Removers committees, including on the BAR Board and as Chairman of the Overseas Group of BAR, representing the interests of all the major international removal companies in the UK and also as the BAR delegate at FIDI. FIDI being the worldwide international association for our industry.

So, I did not take the decision to join Anglo lightly. I have a reputation within our industry which is important to me, and Anglo’s reputation and business ethic matched my personal requirements.

My post was genuine, I am genuine, and the reason I am prepared to stick my neck on the block is because I believe in fair play and believe in my company. There is no hidden agenda!
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:52 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

good for you mr payne.

its hard to take the rap for someone elses cock-ups, but thanks for at least trying to put the record straight.
hope the dispute with our polly is soon sorted
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:35 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John Payne
My post was genuine, I am genuine, and the reason I am prepared to stick my neck on the block is because I believe in fair play and believe in my company. There is no hidden agenda!
You sound like a good man Mr Payne - hope you get treated fairly.

Sounds like you made a big move last year, hope its working out for you
Old May 3rd 2006, 11:42 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again John; I expect that you have followed my links and read the tale of why I am disgruntled with AP. I'm sure you will also have seen that I have a similar issue with the initial removal company, ALS. The only reason that they have not had as much bad press on Expats is that they are a smaller company, and have been mentioned much less often by other prospective migrants! I expect that you will have also seen that my problem was largely based on a lack of communication, and stress caused at the time - not something that can have a financial value placed on it really, which is partly why I have not pursued claims for compensation. This would not have been the case however, if the alleged missing boxes had actually been mis-shipped, as I was led to believe. That was the worst bit I think, being told that a proportion of my personal belongings were "mislaid" - nobody seemed bothered by this, I was told not to get emotional about it (that was by ALS!) and because of Christmas Customs delays the whole thing dragged out for months without anyone giving me clear answers.

I don't have an issue with you being genuine, the fact that you are posting "in the open" is enough and thanks for the explanation!
As I am now a Mod on this esteemed forum (I wasn't at the time) I am aware that my posts are sometimes read as if they carry a little more authority, and more people may take my advice seriously. Partly for this reason I wanted to bring this dialogue onto the open forum, and I am glad you took me up on it!

And I guess that really the best result for me would be if AP are now more communicative with their customers, appreciate just how stressful the whole shipping experience is, and best of all, try to compensate people who have suffered actual lost/damaged belongings.
Old May 3rd 2006, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Good work Polly.

Whisky
Old May 3rd 2006, 5:22 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: A certain shipping company........

Originally Posted by John Payne
I did not expect everyone to accept my post as genuine. Life teaches us to be cynical, and if I’m honest I must admit to being a little cynical at times myself.

It would have been very easy for me not to approach Polly in the first instance, and just as easy not to post my response to Polly’s thread. Please remember that I had intended private dialogue with Polly and had not intended to ‘go public’ at this point, so it was never a pre-conceived attempt at getting PR or trying to repair our reputation. Despite the Britishexpats factor, we are a successful business and have grown considerably over the past few years.

Polly, you ask where I was two years ago when you were having your problems. The answer is that I was not working for Anglo Pacific. I was with a competitor. Last year I was made redundant. I had a few options available to me, and considered that the possibilities at Anglo for me personally were better than elsewhere.

I have been around this industry for twenty-five years. I have served on various British Association or Removers committees, including on the BAR Board and as Chairman of the Overseas Group of BAR, representing the interests of all the major international removal companies in the UK and also as the BAR delegate at FIDI. FIDI being the worldwide international association for our industry.

So, I did not take the decision to join Anglo lightly. I have a reputation within our industry which is important to me, and Anglo’s reputation and business ethic matched my personal requirements.

Fair play to you, mate.
Old May 3rd 2006, 6:39 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Being the cynic that I am, what has he got to lose by posting on here as his companys reputation is in tatters and it's his job to put that right as a salesman.

He's come on here to sweet talk people, it's all pr.
Give the bloke a chance, Fraser,

I work on behalf of Maersk as a truck driver, and we go to Anglo Pacifics Depot at Manchester quite often and from what I have seen with my own eye's, they are very professional and take a great deal of care packing containers with personal effects, including cars, motorcycles and other such items.

I will be using them when we move to Oz, hopefully in the next few months.

I am nothing to do with Anglo Pacific, I am just a mere truck driver who goes to AP's Manchester depot quite often with containers.

Well done Mr. Payne for putting your head on the block.

Ive found in the past, people never tell about the good things, just the bad, and then they tell everyone else about the bad stuff too.

I will be posting my experiences on here, after I have had dealings with them.

Regards,
Paul
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:04 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachel & Paul
Give the bloke a chance, Fraser,

I work on behalf of Maersk as a truck driver, and we go to Anglo Pacifics Depot at Manchester quite often and from what I have seen with my own eye's, they are very professional and take a great deal of care packing containers with personal effects, including cars, motorcycles and other such items.

I will be using them when we move to Oz, hopefully in the next few months.

I am nothing to do with Anglo Pacific, I am just a mere truck driver who goes to AP's Manchester depot quite often with containers.

Well done Mr. Payne for putting your head on the block.

Ive found in the past, people never tell about the good things, just the bad, and then they tell everyone else about the bad stuff too.

I will be posting my experiences on here, after I have had dealings with them.

Regards,
Paul
Fortunately, I don't have to give him a chance as all my shipping is done, all be it very poorly.

I'm sure there'll be doing their utmost that any forum users will get the best service, it's a damn shame for those whose stuff was treated appallingly in the past.
Old May 15th 2006, 5:30 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Fortunately, I don't have to give him a chance as all my shipping is done, all be it very poorly.

I'm sure there'll be doing their utmost that any forum users will get the best service, it's a damn shame for those whose stuff was treated appallingly in the past.
Yeah, s'ppose your right, he hasnt been on since, just a PR stunt and made himself look really stupid.
Paul
Old May 16th 2006, 2:52 am
Home and Happy

I know of at least one poster who has written to him.......I await the response! If anything comes back I'll make sure he lets people know what the outcome is.
Old May 16th 2006, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Our container from AP arrived with a hole in the top. It took two days to load and Dorset being as it is around September it chucked it down!
Old May 16th 2006, 5:02 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Our container from AP arrived with a hole in the top. It took two days to load and Dorset being as it is around September it chucked it down!
Have you contacted Mr Payne - he says he is trying to help disgruntled customers, so go for it! Thats why I persuaded him to post here.......
Old May 16th 2006, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have you contacted Mr Payne - he says he is trying to help disgruntled customers, so go for it! Thats why I persuaded him to post here.......
to quote a football chant "its all gone quite over there........(Mr Payne)"
Old May 16th 2006, 6:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
to quote a football chant "its all gone quite over there........(Mr Payne)"
Probably snowed under by all the letters of complaint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.