Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A certain shipping company........

A certain shipping company........

Old Apr 27th 2006, 10:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default A certain shipping company........

A representative of a certain shipping company well known in this neck of the woods has sent me a pm regarding the problems I had with my shipping.......which arrived on Feb 18th 2004!!!!! Better late than never I guess, and the speed of the response matches the speed of their ships.....

I know there are others who have had even greater problems with the same company, with equally greater physical damage to their belongings. I have suggested to this guy that it may be a better public relations move if he were to break his silence and post on the forum, as he has become a member, so I am starting this in the hope that he will respond, and address the problems that others may have experienced.

I don't want this to become a slanging match, and please no libellous comments. I will post some links to previous threads, and everyone is free to search and find others - there are a few good reports among the bad, I believe.

What a trip down memory lane this search turned out to be......!!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207012
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253033
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246624
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A certain shipping company........

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A representative of a certain shipping company well known in this neck of the woods has sent me a pm regarding the problems I had with my shipping.......which arrived on Feb 18th 2004!!!!! Better late than never I guess, and the speed of the response matches the speed of their ships.....

I know there are others who have had even greater problems with the same company, with equally greater physical damage to their belongings. I have suggested to this guy that it may be a better public relations move if he were to break his silence and post on the forum, as he has become a member, so I am starting this in the hope that he will respond, and address the problems that others may have experienced.

I don't want this to become a slanging match, and please no libellous comments. I will post some links to previous threads, and everyone is free to search and find others - there are a few good reports among the bad, I believe.

What a trip down memory lane this search turned out to be......!!
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207012
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253033
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246624

Blimey Pol, that's come out of the blue Do you reckon he left it a couple of years for you to cool down
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:27 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

This should be interesting .......
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:32 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Said company have such a bad rep on these forums that I'd sooner stick my worldly goods in an inflatable dinghy and entrust it to wind and tide than use their services
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:39 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Said company have such a bad rep on these forums that I'd sooner stick my worldly goods in an inflatable dinghy and entrust it to wind and tide than use their services
well, I can't be accused of not being fair, as I'm giving him a chance to redeem his company's reputation here.......and I have sent him a link to this thread.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:40 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

well, I can't be accused of not being fair, as I'm giving him a chance to redeem his company's reputation here.......and I have sent him a link to this thread.
Bloody stirrer
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:09 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by wmoore
Bloody stirrer
its been that sort of week
Old Apr 27th 2006, 11:40 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Remind me never to cross you Polly!!
LOL
Paul
Old May 2nd 2006, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

John Payne has a spectacular aura aboutJohn Payne has a spectacular aura aboutJohn Payne has a spectacular aura about

Regular users of internet forums will know that adverse publicity is not uncommon, and that companies very seldom reply to that adverse publicity for fear that a less than useful ‘slanging’ match often ensues. It is for that reason that Anglo Pacific has not responded to posts on this site before now.

I have been following posts on this forum for a little while now, as Anglo Pacific appears to have received, amongst the good and bad, some pretty poor feedback from Britishexpats Members. I was hoping to open dialogue with Pollyana, a Moderator on the site and a person not happy with us, using the PM facility to help me get a better understanding of the depth of the issue and how best to deal with it. Pollyana feels this topic is better aired publicly rather than in private, hence this thread inviting me to comment in public.

My name is John Payne, and I am the Group Sales Manager for Anglo Pacific and one of those responsible for the growth of our company. I believe firmly in customer service, and it is in my interest to find out what our customers experience is like to help us shape the way we think in the future. Therefore, I would like to invite anybody who has had a problem with Anglo Pacific, which has not been resolved to your satisfaction, to contact me by private email. My email address is [email protected]

I will not promise that I can turn back the clock and provide total satisfaction for everyone, but I will review your case if you would like me to!

Now I would like to tell you something about Anglo Pacific, and at the same time try to put in to perspective our record of successfully moving people around the world. This is in no way intended to read as a sales pitch, but a few facts and figures might show us in a different light.

Anglo has been trading since 1978, and has become one of the largest international removal organisations in the UK. Every year we move literally thousands of consignments overseas (around 20,000 per annum), and believe it or not most of them successfully. You will find it easier to find negative threads about us than most of our competitors for the simple reason we ship more. If for example we ship three times as much as our neighbour, but receive double the number of negative feedback comments then the reality is we are doing a better job!

Our claims record is exceptional, and our measurement of customer satisfaction has been developed over the past twelve months to new levels with the introduction of improved customer feedback. In fact we probably do more to react to customer feedback than any other company in our field.

The loss ratio for our industry is an average of 4% (4% of customers claim for missing or damaged goods). Our record for the past three consecutive years is below 2%, an indication of how well we perform.

Having said all of the above, I recognise that we do not get it right all of the time, and it is our response to problems and mistakes that is vital. We have procedures for dealing with customer complaints, and they have recently been tested and approved during an audit by Ernst & Young. We do more now than ever before to get things right, but being a realist I also know we will never satisfy everybody every time.

I hope this posting is received as evidence of our integrity and good intention, and is not misconstrued in any way!
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:17 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mr John Payne for sticking your head over the wall.

Hopefully people can engage in some kind of dialoge with you and the company you work for.

Good luck
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:35 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sme
Well done Mr John Payne for sticking your head over the wall.

Hopefully people can engage in some kind of dialoge with you and the company you work for.

Good luck

here here, i agree, clean slate and all that!

although there are some very upset people on here!

goodluck with all you want to achieve!
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:35 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

It is refreahing to hear a company admiting that they don't/can't get it right all the time after all we are all human. It is how the problems are dealt with that make all the difference so well done for taking up the challenge to post on here and I wish you luck on turning dissatisfied customers into satisfied customers.

For all of us hoping to be shipping our stuff in the not to distant future, it would be intersting to hear examples of how things have been resolved when there have been/is problems and maybe the timescales involved in reaching a happy resolution.

Cheers
Fiona
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant future

good on ya Mr Payne

most people using this forum do look for advice and would take any negative things posted as gospel...

But we do need to remember there is two sides to every story, and it is true that if you get good service your are unlikely to promote it unless asked however if its bad service you will tell the world and his dog.....

i respect your honesty

good luck
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:34 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks for posting John; I don't want this to become a slanging match, so lets hope for the best. I know there are some people on here that will welcome an open dialogue with you, and hopefully some issues will be resolved. My main aim in bringing this into the open, rather than corresponding by pm, was that I wanted others to have the chance to talk with you as well........
Old May 2nd 2006, 9:57 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Being the cynic that I am, what has he got to lose by posting on here as his companys reputation is in tatters and it's his job to put that right as a salesman.

He's come on here to sweet talk people, it's all pr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.