Reload this Page >

Cat...to go or not to go

Cat...to go or not to go

Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Crazyhorse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cat...to go or not to go

Hi All,
Should we take our very timid 4 year old (barmy/part feral) lovely little Mini Haha?
I'm worried that the minute she goes out she'll eat something dodgy and pop her clogs! Also that the stress of the flight might pop her off. And also the financial cost and of taking her. AND I don't know where to start, we have to be in Oz before the 9th Novemeber (yes, this year) are just buying tickets tonight, and how the hell do you organise a pet migration??
We're going to Adelaide!!
HELP PLEASE!
thanks
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cat...to go or not to go

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
Hi All,
Should we take our very timid 4 year old (barmy/part feral) lovely little Mini Haha?
I'm worried that the minute she goes out she'll eat something dodgy and pop her clogs! Also that the stress of the flight might pop her off. And also the financial cost and of taking her. AND I don't know where to start, we have to be in Oz before the 9th Novemeber (yes, this year) are just buying tickets tonight, and how the hell do you organise a pet migration??
HELP PLEASE!
thanks
Taking ours, couldn't leave them behind. I think the owners stress more than they do about the whole flying thing. Most people are very positive about shipping pets. Our container turned up the other day and I would swap it for my seat!!!

For 2 cats its costing about £2k

Cx
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
HELP PLEASE!
thanks
Yes, take your cat. Many others have successfully taken theirs
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Crazyhorse is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Marmalade & Wandathecat. I've decided to take her (she's such a sweet thing-tiny, that's why we call her Mini). Now how to go about it?!
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Marmalade & Wandathecat. I've decided to take her (she's such a sweet thing-tiny, that's why we call her Mini). Now how to go about it?!
Glad to hear you're taking her. She sounds adoreable

Can't help you with the moving part, but I'm sure plenty of others can
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

I'm taking 4 out of 5! Yes, it's gonna cost a fortune.....but they're my babies - I don't do human babies!

I'm using a pet travel agent (just google something like 'transporting pets to australia), but have applied for my own export & import permits. Most of the pet travel agents can do that bit for you, but charge more than what it actually costs.

Speak to one of them & they can pretty much sort all of it for you

Hope that helps

Jo
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

We are using Jets4pets they are online.

I rang round and the price was pretty much the same everywhere.

Have heard good thinga about other carriers too but can't remember them off the top of my head.

Cx
Old Sep 8th 2008, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road

Hi All,
HELP PLEASE!
thanks
Hi
Your cat is very young- I'm sure she'll be fine. You could try Airpets- I'm sure they can arrange everything by the 9th Nov. My cat is flying out with them at the end of the month ( £1000 ) .

Regards