Cash Converters

Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:04 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cash Converters

When I was in Oz, a mate of mine sold some diving gear to Cash Converters. He was totally ripped off (especially when I saw how much they were selling the stuff for) and I vowed never to use them.

Now that I want to sell all our stuff ahead of moving to Oz, I thought 'let's try Cash Converters'.

So, has anyone used this method and does the UK rip you off as much as in Oz?

Ta,

Paul.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cash Converters

Originally Posted by diddy
When I was in Oz, a mate of mine sold some diving gear to Cash Converters. He was totally ripped off (especially when I saw how much they were selling the stuff for) and I vowed never to use them.

Now that I want to sell all our stuff ahead of moving to Oz, I thought 'let's try Cash Converters'.

So, has anyone used this method and does the UK rip you off as much as in Oz?

Ta,

Paul.

Paul,

Why dont you try Ebay? I have been selling stuff left and right on there and had some great sales. From helmuts to shirts to a stair lift...not had a problem.

I used cash converters in Australia and they too ripped me off on some electrical goods. I wouldnt use them again.

Hels
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:17 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Paul,

Why dont you try Ebay? I have been selling stuff left and right on there and had some great sales. From helmuts to shirts to a stair lift...not had a problem.

I used cash converters in Australia and they too ripped me off on some electrical goods. I wouldnt use them again.

Hels
Hels,

I've been thinking Ebay for a while but always think 'what if' when I come to doing it...bank details, getting paid, postage etc.

Who's pays postage, how do you deliver the stuff you sell (especially a stair lift!!), how do you get your hands on the cash - do you just supply your bank details?

Sorry for all the questions Hels, but I've been really keen to do this, but could do with more info.

Thanks,

Paul.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:19 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Hels,

I've been thinking Ebay for a while but always think 'what if' when I come to doing it...bank details, getting paid, postage etc.

Who's pays postage, how do you deliver the stuff you sell (especially a stair lift!!), how do you get your hands on the cash - do you just supply your bank details?

Sorry for all the questions Hels, but I've been really keen to do this, but could do with more info.

Thanks,

Paul.
its all quite straight forward
when u come to seel something you simply tick the box that says "Buyer to pay postage" then get a quote from Royal mail and include that when they ask for final price

its very easy ..
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for that Stephen....you saved me typing it in...

Paul, it is really easy. When you log on, it goes through the selling process step by step. Heck if I can do it anyone can.

The good thing about being a seller is if you dont get paid, you dont send the goods, simple as that! But watch out how they pay you. If they send you a cheque, make sure you wait till it clears before you send the goods. I put a note on mine saying a 7 day wait till clearance before goods will be sent and people are fine with that...

If you need any help lemme know....

Hels
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:24 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
its all quite straight forward
when u come to seel something you simply tick the box that says "Buyer to pay postage" then get a quote from Royal mail and include that when they ask for final price

its very easy ..
So does that mean you need a quote for everything you sell?
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:26 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Thanks for that Stephen....you saved me typing it in...

Paul, it is really easy. When you log on, it goes through the selling process step by step. Heck if I can do it anyone can.

The good thing about being a seller is if you dont get paid, you dont send the goods, simple as that! But watch out how they pay you. If they send you a cheque, make sure you wait till it clears before you send the goods. I put a note on mine saying a 7 day wait till clearance before goods will be sent and people are fine with that...

If you need any help lemme know....

Hels
Can they just transfer the cash into your account? How safe is that?
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hels,

Thanks,

Paul.
Use Paypal for some assurance...and for large things, use an escrow service, basically a half way house
Account Closed

So does that mean you need a quote for everything you sell?

Its pretty easy, if you log onto the Royal Mail site it will give you the prices of parcels and insurance and everything. Just have a set of scales and weigh the parcels already wrapped and ready to go and the postage will be pretty close...
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
Use Paypal for some assurance...and for large things, use an escrow service, basically a half way house

There ya go!!

I havent gone this way only because I dont understand it. But you could look it up Paul on the Ebay site. I just havent bothered.

Oh and Bob, thanks for the karma the other day

Hels
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:32 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

There ya go!!

I havent gone this way only because I dont understand it. But you could look it up Paul on the Ebay site. I just havent bothered.

Oh and Bob, thanks for the karma the other day

Hels
No idea what Paypal is but I'll figure it out.

Tried sending everyone Karma, but still not allowed to send you any Hels, so I'm psychically (spelling??) sending it instead.

Paul
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

Tried sending everyone Karma, but still not allowed to send you any Hels, so I'm psychically (spelling??) sending it instead.

Paul

Guess I have been spreading it around, as I was allowed to send ya some....

Enjoy!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 4:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Paul
www.paypal.com

You set up an account there, and then deposit money from your bank, then when you buy or sell things, use paypal like a bank, it's not bad, just keep an eye out for international deposits because they take a small percentage as a fee.
It's not a bad service, and ebay has good info about escrow services, where the money gets sent there, and you send the goods there, and then when they recieve everything, they pass on the stuff, costs' a little bit, but worth it for things over £100 I guess
Old Aug 25th 2004, 4:55 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
www.paypal.com

You set up an account there, and then deposit money from your bank, then when you buy or sell things, use paypal like a bank, it's not bad, just keep an eye out for international deposits because they take a small percentage as a fee.
It's not a bad service, and ebay has good info about escrow services, where the money gets sent there, and you send the goods there, and then when they recieve everything, they pass on the stuff, costs' a little bit, but worth it for things over £100 I guess

Plus tomorrow on ebay it's 10p listing day, so every item you list only costs 10p each to advertise.... Paypal is certainly the way to go. Re postage, I very often look at people who are selling the same items as me to see how much they are charging and sometimes add a bit extra for good measure. Im selling tons of stuff at the moment...one womans junk is another's treasure!!!!!

Lucy
Old Aug 25th 2004, 5:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lucyb
Plus tomorrow on ebay it's 10p listing day, so every item you list only costs 10p each to advertise.... Paypal is certainly the way to go. Re postage, I very often look at people who are selling the same items as me to see how much they are charging and sometimes add a bit extra for good measure. Im selling tons of stuff at the moment...one womans junk is another's treasure!!!!!

Lucy

Have ya got the hubby on Ebay too, after last nights little escipade??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.