Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can't wait till PB goes back to the UK HE'S in 4 a shock

Can't wait till PB goes back to the UK HE'S in 4 a shock

Old Oct 3rd 2002, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can't wait till PB goes back to the UK HE'S in 4 a shock

hey,u know what fuels attention seekers?
rday
Old Oct 3rd 2002, 11:53 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by plucka:

PB your constant whinning and complaining is making you look like an incredibly sad git. It's plainly obvious to everyone that you blame your own failures in life on everything else apart from yourself. That is the typical losers attitude to life- time to look inwards mate instead of blaming your surroundings.

I find it so funny when you whinge about all the aussies not liking you, well thats because your a miserable twat, nobody would like you. Hurry up and go back to your precious overcrowded, polluted, cold and wet little Island you w**ker.

To all other pommies looking to move here, good luck to all and don't let this moron put you off.

Just stand in front of your mirror take a good luck what do you see , I will tell you a sad self abuser , this post contains no useful information about Australia at all.
Hate to say this but I have far to many Aussies friends most of them whinge about Australia ,unlike most Brits here who only have Poms as mates and whinge about the UK..
Now lets get this right I am a failure, a sad git and a moron , well I am employed in one of Australia's most Hi-tech companies just shows how hard up this country is for labour.
Loser I would say not ,but lost out by coming to Australia yes but then I did guess that it may be a second rate country unlike you.
Now you soft lads can you not take a few home truths about Australia why? is it
1. You work for Australia House?
2. do not want to think they have mugged you for $1700
Anyway got to stop laughing my doctor says its not normal here could get sent back to the UK.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Oct 4th 2002 at 2:26 am.
Old Oct 4th 2002, 1:42 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jake Semtex:
So to all you people back home dreaming of coming out, don't listen to that miserable twat, It really is heaven out hear, friendly people, gorgeous weather, clean, efficient and reliable public transport,
- ITS BLOODY GREAT!!

Perths transport?

Stop these vandals

AFTER a long period of absence from the public transport system, I have recently commuted into the city from the northern suburbs using the train and bus network.

I was dismayed and appalled at the extent of vandalism. I am referring to the defacing of windows and upholstery on every carriage and bus. The damage extends to glass panels at stations, bus stops and timetable boards. This is a blight on our modern transit system. Is the travelling public becoming accustomed to damage to public property?

Is the minister responsible aware of the extent of the vandalism? Is there an effective policy in place to apprehend the low lifes who cause this damage? Is there an ongoing program to repair and replace the damaged items?
STEPHEN BOUTLE, North Beach.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Oct 4th 2002 at 2:34 am.
Old Oct 4th 2002, 1:46 am
Banned

Originally posted by Chris:
"pommie bastard" wrote in message
news:431140.1033517334@britishexpats-
.com
    > Come and live the dream Australia loves failures and near do wells the
    > place is full of them ,

The only failure around here seems to be you, and that's what has bestowed
you with such a god-awful personality problem.

Chris
Illegals found on building site

October 04, 2002
THE Immigration Department has detained 10 illegal immigrants caught working in the construction industry.

The department said today it had caught six people from South Korea, three from China and a man from Macedonia who were working illegally on a Sydney building site.

It said nine men were working as tilers and one as an electrician.

"The group will be transferred to the Villawood Immigration Detention Centre in Sydney and will remain in detention while arrangements are made for their departure from Australia, as required by law," the department said.

It has been targeting illegal workers in the building industry in recent weeks, detaining people from countries including the Philippines, Ireland, Fiji, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan and Ukraine.

Ninety people had been found working illegally on building sites, it said.

"The series of operations were undertaken following information from numerous sources about illegal workers in the construction industry," the department added.

The department said between July and August this year it had found 897 illegal immigrants in New South Wales alone.

It found 17,307 people in breach of their visa conditions last financial year.

The department said it could issue warning notices to employers or labour suppliers who were found to have employed illegal workers.

Cheap labour?

Old Oct 4th 2002, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

ianduggan5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommiesheila:

Hi PB!!!

I have to say you are SOOO right about the cheap labour and lowest price scenario. Having run a successful business in the UK for 5 years, my husband and I were hoping to repeat our success over here (with the added bonus of a better lifestyle and fantastic weather to boot).

However, unfortunately we have been TOTALLY STUNNED by the Aussie GIVE US CRAP, AS LONG AS ITS CHEAP attitude. We built our UK business on quality and service - two words which mean f*** all to the average Aussie - oops, that's now going to lay me wide open to all sorts of criticism about being a whingeing pom, isn't it (but mostly from those who have yet to experience it, I fear....)
Pommiesheila: We are trying to go out to set up a business and would be interedted to know what sort of business were/are you in?
Old Oct 4th 2002, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will leave the psychoanalysis of PB to those of you, obviously, more eminently qualified than me.

However despite disagreeing with the general gist of PB’s posts he does make some valid points. E.g. it is f**kn* freezing in our house in winter and it is not possible without an ‘involuntary gender transformation’ for me to walk around in a pair of shorts like you can in a centrally heated house in the UK. But HEY no place is perfect (Perth) and if it was that much of a big deal, I’d get heating.

DPR

By the way PB, I went running at our local club the other day and I was running with some guys from the construction industry (Brickie, Sparkie and 1 management guy – 1st two were Poms) and all of them said that >95% of the union sh*t-stirrers were poms. Interested to hear your views on this
Old Oct 4th 2002, 11:09 am
Thunder Ace

"Jez" wrote in message news:...
    > Is that bowell or bowl?!!! (last sentance)
    > Jez

Is that sentance or sentence?

"People with glasshouses shouldn't throw stones"

Thunder Ace

Old Oct 7th 2002, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ianduggan5:

Pommiesheila: We are trying to go out to set up a business and would be interedted to know what sort of business were/are you in?
Hello there. In the UK we (hubbie and I) set up a Company which offered mobile automotive bodywork repairs to the trade and the general public. We had a total of 5 employees, and were generally regarded by most of the dealerships in our area to be "the best" - and despite a great deal of "competition" from little franchise operators, who bought into things like "Chips Away" and "Paint Wizard" and thought that a week's training would make them "experts" (despite having previously been postmen/builders/barmen or whatever - no offence to these trades intended), the dealerships were prepared to pay a SMALL premium to have TOP QUALITY AND FIRST CLASS SERVICE. My husband is a time-served, fully qualified panel beater and paint sprayer, and has spent all his working life in the automotive repair industry.

However, after 5 years, we sold the business and decided to give OZ a try (you only live once etc. etc. and we were sick to death of the poor education our kids were getting in the UK, together with the fact that we'd had a lot of crime in our area - which was considered a "good area"!!! and also I get SAD so the promise of a great climate was too tempting not to give it a go).

Unfortunately we tried hard to convince the dealerships here of our commitment to quality and service, and although all the ones we did work for admitted it was the best they'd ever seen, their attitude was "sorry mate, can't pay you $30 more for that job when X will blow a bit of paint over it for next to nothing". This attitude even comes from the top end of the motor trade, e.g. dealers who sell BMWs, Lexus etc. etc. not just the little one-man-band second-hand car dealers.

So, after several weeks of trying to convince the Aussies that the words "Quality" and "Service" are not swear words, we gave up that idea, and have now gone into kitchen restoration work - offering "quality restorations at unbelievably low prices" as our advert in the local rag goes. We've had lots of calls, and are hoping it's going to take off. Most people over here don't like spending a cent more than they have to (whether they've got plently or not) and so we've had to adapt our skills (he's doing 2 pac painted kitchens) to the market...

Still, the weather is great, the children love their school, and apart from missing family and friends from the UK like hell, we are getting used to the new way of life quite well.

Hope this helps. Sorry to ramble on a bit
If you would like any more info/advice, feel free to ask and I'll try and help.
Old Oct 7th 2002, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

colinnsam is an unknown quantity at this point

pommiesheila,

what part of OZ are you in.

colin
Old Oct 7th 2002, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Perth Helena is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

So to all you people back home dreaming of coming out, don't listen to that miserable twat, It really is heaven out hear, friendly people, gorgeous weather, clean, efficient and reliable public transport,
- ITS BLOODY GREAT!!

Perths transport?

Stop these vandals

AFTER a long period of absence from the public transport system, I have recently commuted into the city from the northern suburbs using the train and bus network.

I was dismayed and appalled at the extent of vandalism. I am referring to the defacing of windows and upholstery on every carriage and bus. The damage extends to glass panels at stations, bus stops and timetable boards. This is a blight on our modern transit system. Is the travelling public becoming accustomed to damage to public property?

Is the minister responsible aware of the extent of the vandalism? Is there an effective policy in place to apprehend the low lifes who cause this damage? Is there an ongoing program to repair and replace the damaged items?
STEPHEN BOUTLE, North Beach.

I agree that the vandalism is deplorable but this doesn't have much to do with reliability. Yes, the windows being scratched is appalling but it doesn't make the trains run slower or infrequently. I've taken the trains to and from work, and to various parts of Perth, and I'd have to say it's a good system. Not perfect, but far better than other systems I've been on. And much better and more relaxing than driving on the freeway during rush hour (especially when it rains). Perth's public transport system is probably not as good in some other parts of the city, like in many cities, but for me in the northern suburbs it's been very good.
Old Oct 7th 2002, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Originally posted by colinnsam:
pommiesheila,

what part of OZ are you in.

colin
Brisbane - Bayside Suburbs - very nice, but would be even better if we were earning a decent living....
Old Oct 7th 2002, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough

pommiesheila

you're having a damn good try
anyway,glad the kids are enjoying themselves
good luck
rday
Old Oct 8th 2002, 1:21 am
Banned

Originally posted by dpr21:
I will leave the psychoanalysis of PB to those of you, obviously, more eminently qualified than me.

However despite disagreeing with the general gist of PB’s posts he does make some valid points. E.g. it is f**kn* freezing in our house in winter and it is not possible without an ‘involuntary gender transformation’ for me to walk around in a pair of shorts like you can in a centrally heated house in the UK. But HEY no place is perfect (Perth) and if it was that much of a big deal, I’d get heating.

DPR

By the way PB, I went running at our local club the other day and I was running with some guys from the construction industry (Brickie, Sparkie and 1 management guy – 1st two were Poms) and all of them said that >95% of the union sh*t-stirrers were poms. Interested to hear your views on this
Most of the guys I drink with are are Poms in building trade , they seem to be only tradesmen who are making any money out here and have money to spend.
They would tell you its because they will not except getting shafted , unlike a lot here they do earn a living wage , there are far too many here that are prepared to talk their own wages down in order to get work.
Whats all this agreeing about the lack of heating here , some may think the sun does not shine as bright in winter god forbid .The reason homes here are cold in winter and sweat boxes in summer , is a lack of insulation in walls and large windows.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Oct 8th 2002 at 4:41 am.
Old Oct 8th 2002, 1:52 am
Banned

Originally posted by Mike Peters:
If PB Thinks AU is bad wate till he goes back hop he byes a rtn ticket
Nice letter from Perth rag , its the same all over.

VISITED the UK two years ago and I can heartily endorse Jeff Butler's description of life there today and I share the opinions of the people to whom he spoke. Like Mr Butler, I am also concerned when I see Australia heading down the same path.

We are becoming increasingly alarmed at the rapidly rising crime rate and angry at the pathetic sentences handed down to the perpetrators. We, too, want a return to corporate and capital punishment, plus the return of the cane in schools.

The people who complained to Mr Butler about multiculturalism destroying British culture were never given a choice about its introduction and neither were Australians. Many of us are appalled at the havoc it has created, particularly those who have visited Sydney and Melbourne and read their daily papers.

Politicians take heed. You must all start listening to the people and do their bidding before it's too late.
ROBIN SCOTT, Ferndale.
Old Oct 8th 2002, 11:26 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Perth Helena:

I agree that the vandalism is deplorable but this doesn't have much to do with reliability. Yes, the windows being scratched is appalling but it doesn't make the trains run slower or infrequently. I've taken the trains to and from work, and to various parts of Perth, and I'd have to say it's a good system. Not perfect, but far better than other systems I've been on. And much better and more relaxing than driving on the freeway during rush hour (especially when it rains). Perth's public transport system is probably not as good in some other parts of the city, like in many cities, but for me in the northern suburbs it's been very good.

Buses hit in rock attacks

By Trevor Robb

PERTH gangs are waging war on buses, private cars and even security vehicles, using rocks, slingshots and petrol bombs as weapons.

Bus drivers are on the brink of refusing to enter the southern suburb of Leda after a string of attacks which resulted in one being injured after his bus swerved into a gutter in an attempt to avoid a rock attack which smashed the windscreen.

Transport Workers Union organiser Mick Knowles said if there were any more attacks drivers would refuse to operate bus services through Leda unless they had a police escort.

In the past week, three buses had been attacked, with windows smashed by gangs throwing rocks and using slingshots to fire debris.

In one case, a security vehicle being used to escort a bus through the area was also ambushed when a boulder was rolled on to the road and rocks were thrown through the windscreen.

Apart from attacks on buses and the security vehicles there to protect them, the violence had also spread to private cars.

"These gangs are using anything they can get their hands on," Mr Knowles said. "It's only a matter of time before there's a tragedy.

"The drivers have had a gutful of this. If there's one more incident they will stop outside Leda and radio in to say they want a police escort. If it's not provided they will not enter."

Mr Knowles said most of the problems were occurring as buses travelled through bush along Gilmore Road.

The level of attacks on buses throughout the whole network was unacceptable. In one case, a bus was damaged by a petrol bomb thrown as it travelled through Queens Park.

Southern Coast Transit general manager Ray Cochrane, whose company operates services through Leda, said the attacks were not as frequent or as serious as Mr Knowles claimed and procedures were in place for dealing with them.

Mr Cochrane said drivers already knew they could stop outside an area if the bus ahead of them had been attacked and wait until they had a police or security guard escort.

The problems were always worse during school holidays but the level of attacks was lower than it had been several years ago.

Mr Cochrane said he had discussed the problem with politicians and police but more needed to be done to curb the attacks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.