Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cancelled our emigration - here's why.

Cancelled our emigration - here's why.

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cancelled our emigration - here's why.

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Interesting.

I will have to go home tonight and convince her that Australia isnt for us, and to consider heading for Germany!!!
wheres he park the porsche
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Hi Martin

I think you are really brave. Having spent a few days in Karlsruhe, I can understand where you're coming from Bikes left everywhere with no locks, jewellery left out on display in apartment stores to pick up and inspect (£200 pieces), no litter, taxis within a minute etc.. Not to mention the Black Forest.

I have maintained that I would also live in Germany!

We're giving Aussie a go as my daughter is 13 and getting painfully close to GCSE or equivalent, and it offers other things for us.

But all the best

Claire.
Old Sep 24th 2005, 12:40 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
In my time on this board, since about Jan this year. It's looking more and more like the most consistent complaint, in amongst all the others, seems to be proxmity to Europe.

It would be really, interesting to see if that did come out overall, as the number one complaint on a preferential voting type of base.

IE: most people don't put it as their No1 complaint, but it always seems to figure somewhere in amongst peoples dislikes of being in Aussie.
Yes, I really miss my easy jet £19 trips to Prague! Once traveled to spain for £9 and the air company paid the airport tax too! It's amazing you don't realise what your going to miss until its too late. Not to mention the ease and cheapness of flying to America. Oh and the ability to ski in loads of different locations and countries. I suppose we are not so much home sick as Europe Sick.