Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

canada vs australia?

canada vs australia?

Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: canada vs australia?

If it wasn't for the weather in Canada I'd live there. Saying that if it wasn't for the weather I'd have stayed in the UK. Oz weather is the best and we're finding it makes a massive difference - especially when you have kids.
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:56 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I bet you would if it had Canada before Australia though.
HOnesty I wouldn't

Please, they had NZ above Canada...which I find VERY hard to believe
Old Jan 4th 2011, 3:56 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I gave up on those indexes after iceland was voted Number one country to live shortly before it collapsed under an economic iceberg.
awesome
Old Jan 4th 2011, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

I spent a few months in Canada but have never really lived there. My observations were that Canada felt like being in a foreign environment much more than being in Australia for a Brit if that makes sense. Brits and Aussies have much stronger cultural ties than they do with Canada. Canada has been influenced hugely by the US. I did love the fact that when i went out my accent gave me a certain kudos with Canadians and especially women which was much appreciated
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Australians can understand Canadian jokes but not the vice versa
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Actually many parts of Canada, especially Alberta are very sunny in winter, not constantly cloudy at all! Agree there is snow on the ground for too long though...
I would exchange a freezing snowy winter in Canada, where you can partake in various winter sports, for the wet, cold and miserable winter we have here in Perth in a heart beat [/QUOTE]

Aye Geordie boy but I'm sure you'd swop for a couple of those cold and miserable days at the moment. It still above 30C here in the hills and it's almost 11pm!!!

Looking forward to tomorrow only 27 max.

Keel
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel
Actually many parts of Canada, especially Alberta are very sunny in winter, not constantly cloudy at all! Agree there is snow on the ground for too long though...
I would exchange a freezing snowy winter in Canada, where you can partake in various winter sports, for the wet, cold and miserable winter we have here in Perth in a heart beat
Aye Geordie boy but I'm sure you'd swop for a couple of those cold and miserable days at the moment. It still above 30C here in the hills and it's almost 11pm!!!

Keel[/QUOTE]

Nah mate, the hotter the better!!!!! but I'd rather have a proper cold snowy winter, than the miserable damp excuse of a winter we have here
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

I would exchange a freezing snowy winter in Canada, where you can partake in various winter sports, for the wet, cold and miserable winter we have here in Perth in a heart beat

Keel[/QUOTE]

Nah mate, the hotter the better!!!!! but I'd rather have a proper cold snowy winter, than the miserable damp excuse of a winter we have here [/QUOTE]

Just had a couple of weeks in the mother country and was lucky enought to get one of the last flights out from Heathrow before jack frost came to visit.

I don't mind the cold to much so long as I know I'll be back here when needs be.

Managed a couple of nights oot in Ash. Back again In 3 weeks I can't wait

Keel
Old Jan 4th 2011, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Keel
Nah mate, the hotter the better!!!!! but I'd rather have a proper cold snowy winter, than the miserable damp excuse of a winter we have here [/QUOTE]

Just had a couple of weeks in the mother country and was lucky enought to get one of the last flights out from Heathrow before jack frost came to visit.

I don't mind the cold to much so long as I know I'll be back here when needs be.

Keel[/QUOTE]

Haha, hope you still have all your fingers, ears etc and I'm not referring to the cold as you well know!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nah mate, the hotter the better!!!!! but I'd rather have a proper cold snowy winter, than the miserable damp excuse of a winter we have here

Keel[/QUOTE]

Haha, hope you still have all your fingers, ears etc and I'm not referring to the cold as you well know!!!!!!!! [/QUOTE]

Going to go for a full weekend up the street next time. Been working the punchbag in preparation.

I'll get a few strange looks next time as I've got a nice tan over the holidays and may stand out in the snow!!!

Keel
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keel
Haha, hope you still have all your fingers, ears etc and I'm not referring to the cold as you well know!!!!!!!! [/QUOTE]

Going to go for a full weekend up the street next time. Been working the punchbag in preparation.

I'll get a few strange looks next time as I've got a nice tan over the holidays and may stand out in the snow!!!

Keel[/QUOTE]

Aye, you'll stand out coz you've got two ears and an IQ above 70, stay safe mate and let us know when you've survived your adventure
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

hmunker is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent been to either place but when I was younger always fancied Canada because used to have a big passion for ice hockey.Now though I like my warmth so would probably opt for Australia...but wow it seems so expensive over there.

Some posters have said Australia is in the wrong part of the world being to far from everything....How can that be we live on a globe...Every point is the same isnt it...
Old Jan 4th 2011, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Haha, hope you still have all your fingers, ears etc and I'm not referring to the cold as you well know!!!!!!!!

Keel[/QUOTE]

Aye, you'll stand out coz you've got two ears and an IQ above 70, stay safe mate and let us know when you've survived your adventure[/QUOTE]

Speaking of surviving my adventure we're having a bit of a do to celebrate (I hope I've managed > 70 on the IQ) my last return from the mother country on about the 20th Feb (also my belated birthday). Your welcome, and family, if you wish. It should be an interesting bash.

Keel
Old Jan 4th 2011, 9:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hmunker
Some posters have said Australia is in the wrong part of the world being to far from everything....How can that be we live on a globe...Every point is the same isnt it...
Right. So you think that because we're on a globe it takes the same amount of time to get anywhere?
Old Jan 4th 2011, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Right. So you think that because we're on a globe it takes the same amount of time to get anywhere?

I guess the distance hits home when you blink and the credit card has been hit with $10,000 for a family of 4 to fly UK or east coast USA in school holidays

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.