Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can yu reapply again after deported 6 yrs ago?

Can yu reapply again after deported 6 yrs ago?

Old Jun 24th 2006, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

alice is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can yu reapply again after deported 6 yrs ago?

Hi all, I'm a newbie and have question. My brother-in law and his family lived in Australia for over 12 years . Their refugee application was denied but fought by appealing numerous times because their only child grew up there but not a citizen. Eventually they agreed to leave back in 2000. Now, they are in the US and wanted to re-apply again as Skilled Worker 138, his wife being the main applicant. Is it possible to apply again even with a history of removal from oz?... their daughter can't cope here in the US, she's always sick because of the separation from the country that she calls home. They have no criminal background and were supported by a church and their local MP while fighting for their appeal back then. What are their chances? ... My sis-in law passed the points and in the process of her skill assessment.

Any input please!!
Old Jun 24th 2006, 9:03 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can yu reapply again after deported 6 yrs ago?

Originally Posted by alice
Hi all, I'm a newbie and have question. My brother-in law and his family lived in Australia for over 12 years . Their refugee application was denied but fought by appealing numerous times because their only child grew up there but not a citizen. Eventually they agreed to leave back in 2000. Now, they are in the US and wanted to re-apply again as Skilled Worker 138, his wife being the main applicant. Is it possible to apply again even with a history of removal from oz?... their daughter can't cope here in the US, she's always sick because of the separation from the country that she calls home. They have no criminal background and were supported by a church and their local MP while fighting for their appeal back then. What are their chances? ... My sis-in law passed the points and in the process of her skill assessment.

Any input please!!
Hi Alice,
Im sorry i cant help you with this,as it sounds a little complicated.
One of the moderators will probably tell you any minute ...to try asking this on the New Zealand/Australia Immigration Forum .You'll find it lower down on the front page of the forum index.Hopefully your question will get answered by one of the "all knowing" migration agents online.
Good luck and i hope things work out for your brother-in-law and his family.
M J
Old Jun 24th 2006, 9:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alice

Any input please!!
People who have made failed refugee applications may face character problems upon a subsequent visa application. They really need some good professional assistance, ask on the immigration board for recommendations.

Was the daughter born in Australia and how old was she when they left? And what's their status in the US - are they American citizens, green card holders, temporary residents, etc?
Old Jun 25th 2006, 3:16 am
Just Joined

alice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
People who have made failed refugee applications may face character problems upon a subsequent visa application. They really need some good professional assistance, ask on the immigration board for recommendations.

Was the daughter born in Australia and how old was she when they left? And what's their status in the US - are they American citizens, green card holders, temporary residents, etc?

thanx for your reply and sorry if I post this on the wrong section. My niece wasn't born in Australia, she came when she was 6 then left when she was 14 y.o. They are temporary residents in US. The moderator for this forum may move or delete this post if necessary, I didn't realize it's on the lifestyle forum.