Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you help a student out with her dissertation about Brits emigrating to Perth?

Can you help a student out with her dissertation about Brits emigrating to Perth?

Old Nov 12th 2013, 1:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you help a student out with her dissertation about Brits emigrating to Perth?

I've received a very nice email from a student at Kingston University about her dissertation, so I said I would post the details here in case any of you kind folk in Perth would help her out:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
I am currently undergoing a BSc Geography degree at Kingston University, London and am doing my dissertation research project, titled; Examine the ways in which decisions about emigration are gendered: a case study of British emigrating to Perth, Australia in the last ten years.

If there is anyway that you would be able to pass on my survey to your over 18 British members, who have moved to Perth, it would be much appreciated.

I am aiming for 100 responses and will be giving 20p to the British Red Cross for the Typhoon Haiyan Appeal for each response!

Any responses would help me to achieve my degree and would be much appreciated!

Here is the link; https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/emigrationtoaustralia

Thank you."

See how can you resist a request like that?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can you help a student out with her dissertation about Brits emigrating to Perth?

You should post this on http://www.perthpoms.com/ you'll get heaps of responses then!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 6:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you help a student out with her dissertation about Brits emigrating to Perth?

Originally Posted by nicolac34
You should post this on http://www.perthpoms.com/ you'll get heaps of responses then!
Why would the Admin of one forum post on another to promote a third party? If the original enquirirer wants it put somewhere else its up to them to do it.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 6:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I've received a very nice email from a student at Kingston University about her dissertation, so I said I would post the details here in case any of you kind folk in Perth would help her out:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
I am currently undergoing a BSc Geography degree at Kingston University, London and am doing my dissertation research project, titled; Examine the ways in which decisions about emigration are gendered: a case study of British emigrating to Perth, Australia in the last ten years.

If there is anyway that you would be able to pass on my survey to your over 18 British members, who have moved to Perth, it would be much appreciated.

I am aiming for 100 responses and will be giving 20p to the British Red Cross for the Typhoon Haiyan Appeal for each response!

Thank you."

Can't help, being the other side of the country, but I hope some of our Perthites will wade in
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Can't help, being the other side of the country, but I hope some of our Perthites will wade in
Done.It took less than five minutes.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorted
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:34 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you."

That's a great request
I'm not in Perth but if I was, I would help
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

nicolac34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Why would the Admin of one forum post on another to promote a third party? If the original enquirirer wants it put somewhere else its up to them to do it.
Sorry, I was only trying to be helpful.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 2:22 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicolac34
Sorry, I was only trying to be helpful.
No worries.