Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you get Greggs cheese and onion pasties in Aus?

Can you get Greggs cheese and onion pasties in Aus?

Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can you get Greggs cheese and onion pasties in Aus?

Originally Posted by baconmaster
I have just sent a link to this website to Greggs via their website. I know someone who works in marketing for Greggs, if I see him before I go I'll have a word. Aussie's do some good pies though don't they ?

They do, the bakeries are really great, and do some fantastic pies and cakes etc, etc

But none have the alcohol soaking power of a Greggs pasty
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:24 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
They do, the bakeries are really great, and do some fantastic pies and cakes etc, etc

But none have the alcohol soaking power of a Greggs pasty
I'd be tempted to bring out a suitcase of cheese & bacon wraps, mince pies, chicken bakes and a couple of cheese pasties but I fear it may hinder our chances of getting through Immigration at the airport
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:28 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be tempted to bring out a suitcase of cheese & bacon wraps, mince pies, chicken bakes and a couple of cheese pasties but I fear it may hinder our chances of getting through Immigration at the airport
North Shields?? where abouts?

oh btw, you wouldn't get the pasties past the sniffer dogs.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Excellant, and Coles is open till midnight

Can we get Sausage rolls for ADL too?
If your really desperate, 24 hours x 7 here in Coburg

Must try one of these legandary things...
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

It just may do

Not long now before you're here eh?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If your really desperate, 24 hours x 7 here in Coburg

Must try one of these legandary things...

Was thinking of moving up there......

How you doing?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:31 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

At least we would get to see you on "Border Patrol" on tv.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:31 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Aldi do a good cheese & onion pastie,35p.....bargain
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
At least we would get to see you on "Border Patrol" on tv.
Hello Mr Aussie

I like that programme - used to depress me in UK

Best watch it the week after BM arrives - just hope they don't do a strip search for the Sausage Rolls :scared:
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Was thinking of moving up there......

How you doing?

Really good thanks, Took me a long while to get over my latest trip. Must be damn hard for English people to migrate these days, such is the seeming improvement in the place (or was that rose tinted glasses combined with the english summer).

You wont be able to go wrong, in moving to more central parts, Coburg/Preston, or better Brunswick/Northcote. Plenty of little "boutique" pie makers around these parts
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

as we speak my daughters are sat tucking into.....well shannon's got cheese & onion pastie and a load of beetroot,alisha & my wife chris are devouring the flat meat & potato pies and little leah's leaving a trail of crumbs all over the house from her sausage roll and poor old me got 'OH WE THOUGHT YOU WOULD STILL BE OUT' so i got sod all

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh another thing. Why are Greggs expanding into Belgium when they've no stores in Northern Ireland or Ireland in general?

My folks, who are from Scotland, but live in N.I., visit Scotland twice a year and have to basically buy out a Troons Greggs supply of scotch pies and steak bakes and freeze them cos theres no Greggs in Northern Ireland.

Tip to Greggs management. Try expanding into Ireland before Belgium you idiots!!! And if the management are looking for nice jollies abroad, try AUSTRALIA!

Sorry the Belgium thing bugs me, thats why I sold my holding in them. Belgium for heavens sake, whos idea was that...

Yeah walla, get back to us please on when you reckon the Coles Greggs stuff will be available. Can't wait
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:38 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Do the c & o pasties have potato in them in Aus?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:39 pm
Cheeky member

Originally Posted by jonni boy
as we speak my daughters are sat tucking into.....well shannon's got cheese & onion pastie and a load of beetroot,alisha & my wife chris are devouring the flat meat & potato pies and little leah's leaving a trail of crumbs all over the house from her sausage roll and poor old me got 'OH WE THOUGHT YOU WOULD STILL BE OUT' so i got sod all
I have to eat my pastie with ketchup and a slice of lurpaked bread...
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Really good thanks, Took me a long while to get over my latest trip. Must be damn hard for English people to migrate these days, such is the seeming improvement in the place (or was that rose tinted glasses combined with the english summer).

You wont be able to go wrong, in moving to more central parts, Coburg/Preston, or better Brunswick/Northcote. Plenty of little "boutique" pie makers around these parts
We find ourselves down Brunswick St a fair deal.

We didn't find it hard at all...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.