Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can we bring remote-control type toys with us?

Can we bring remote-control type toys with us?

Old Jan 12th 2002, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if we can take this type of toy with us ie will there be an interference problem? In particular my son wants for his birthday a remote-control car that he's seen in the Argos catalogue, the description says it operates at 27 or 40 Mhz. I will only buy it for him if it's ok to take with us.
By the way, what is Australia's equivalent to Argos?
Old Jan 13th 2002, 11:05 am
Sydneysider

I bought a radio control car here in Sydney for my son that operates on 27MHz. It has
the Australian C-tick compliance and was from an Australian supplier, so 27MHz should
be fine for any toy that you bring to Australia.

I've not really come across any Argos type stores in Australia - not to say that
there aren't any. I guess that these days they have been superseded by shops with
web-sites and an on-line presence.

Depends on the complexity of the car you are looking for, but Dick Smith Electronics
have some at:

www.dse.com.au

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >