Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can Movers now ask for more money?

Can Movers now ask for more money?

Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:08 am
Just Joined

katieA is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can Movers now ask for more money?

Hi can anyone tell me if removers can now ask for more money when it has all been paid , they have taken our furniture 2 weeks ago supposed to be shipped back to UK first second week in June but now told it will go nearer end I have just spoke to them and they have said that they have had an email saying the prices are going up so we will have to pay more can they do this ?
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can Movers now ask for more money?

Depends on what the small print says on your contract. There was someone else recently who had the same problem. If you've paid and the container has left your property then it should be a done deal imo but if it says in the small print that they can up the price at any time you're kind of over a barrel. They've got your stuff and won't finish the 'deal' until you pay more.

I imagine you can complain to the shippers ombudsman or whatever association there is but not sure it will get you anywhere.

Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:23 am
Just Joined

katieA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks i have had a look through contract and cant see anything that says prices will go up and when i was getting quote i asked if anythig can change and was told NO just if the container was to get checked in UK
Old Jun 9th 2010, 3:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katieA
Thanks i have had a look through contract and cant see anything that says prices will go up and when i was getting quote i asked if anythig can change and was told NO just if the container was to get checked in UK
Get on to them and ask to see what they've received saying the prices need to go up and where it says in the contract that they can up the price.