Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can i get a Kitchenaid (artisan) in Perth?

can i get a Kitchenaid (artisan) in Perth?

Old May 7th 2006, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute
Default can i get a Kitchenaid (artisan) in Perth?

I know this is gonna sound really daft but i want to buy a Kitchenaid artisan food mixer (like the kenwood chef style), we are hoping to move out to Perth within the next 6months and i'm not sure whether to buy one in the Uk and change the plug out there (but can i do that as i'm sure it will be a sealed plug) or buy one when we get out there, i'm not keen on having to permanently use a travel adaptor as i expect the appliance to be a very long term part of my kitchen (as they are quite a lot of money so i am expecting it to last a good few years).

Does anyone already living in Perth know if i can get one out there and if so approximately how much do they cost, can you get the blender attatchment too? have tried looking online at retravision (not sure if thats Victorian country based only) and Harvey Norman online but not had any joy.

thanks for any help.

little bear x
Old May 9th 2006, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

nmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura aboutnmccallum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: can i get a Kitchenaid (artisan) in Perth?

Originally Posted by little bear
I know this is gonna sound really daft but i want to buy a Kitchenaid artisan food mixer (like the kenwood chef style), we are hoping to move out to Perth within the next 6months and i'm not sure whether to buy one in the Uk and change the plug out there (but can i do that as i'm sure it will be a sealed plug) or buy one when we get out there, i'm not keen on having to permanently use a travel adaptor as i expect the appliance to be a very long term part of my kitchen (as they are quite a lot of money so i am expecting it to last a good few years).

Does anyone already living in Perth know if i can get one out there and if so approximately how much do they cost, can you get the blender attatchment too? have tried looking online at retravision (not sure if thats Victorian country based only) and Harvey Norman online but not had any joy.

thanks for any help.

little bear x
Hi

I know you can get KitchenAid's in Aus - I've seen them in David Jone's and loads of Kitchen stores. Here is a website that gives you an idea of stockists, http://www.petermcinnes.com.au/stockists.php .

I was looking at one last year but I can't for the life of me remember how much it was. From what I can see on this site http://www.bakeandbrew.com.au/category24_1.htm they seem to range from $650 to $800

Hope that helps!!
Old May 9th 2006, 4:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

whether to buy one in the Uk and change the plug out there (but can i do that as i'm sure it will be a sealed plug) or buy one when we get out there,
Even if it is a sealed plug you can still cut it off and attach an Aussie plug - couple of dollars from Bunnings (and yes you are allowed to do that)

Does your family fancy clubbing together and buying you a leaving pressie to go on the container
Old May 9th 2006, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

how much do they cost, can you get the blender attatchment too?
We bought ours, a plain white one, for about $659 1 1/2 years ago. Yes, you can get attachments too at the stores where you buy your blender. When we got ours, there was an offer from Kitchenaid so we got the mincer attachment (worth about $100) thrown in for free.

You must be a serious cook/baker or someone who wants an expensive gadget on the kitchen counter?! I was the former but am slowly turning into the latter... I still use the mixer often to mince beef for burgers and pork for Chinese dumplings though.

Mrs JTL
Old May 9th 2006, 6:56 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Even if it is a sealed plug you can still cut it off and attach an Aussie plug - couple of dollars from Bunnings (and yes you are allowed to do that)
Your allowed to do it in principle but you'll need to pay out for an electrician to wire the new plug on for you....
Old May 9th 2006, 7:13 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Your allowed to do it in principle but you'll need to pay out for an electrician to wire the new plug on for you....
Ask any Aussie if they've ever done that and they'll look at you as if you arrived on the last banana boat
Old May 15th 2006, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys

thanks very much for your replies, will be having a look at those websites in a min (really appreciate the links nmccallum).

Mrs JTL - sorry to disillusion you but actually i am not into cooking at all, its actually a pressie for my Hubby's 40th B'day (sad but true), He is a fantastic cook (bricklayer in day job) and i have absolutely no idea what else to get him, but he has been saying about buying one for years- i take it you're pleased with yours?

cheers again everyone

little bear x
Old May 15th 2006, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs JTL - sorry to disillusion you but actually i am not into cooking at all, its actually a pressie for my Hubby's 40th B'day (sad but true), He is a fantastic cook (bricklayer in day job) and i have absolutely no idea what else to get him, but he has been saying about buying one for years- i take it you're pleased with yours?
At least one of you is a fantastic cook. JTL and I aren't good cooks by a long stretch, but we love trying different recipes - some come out great, some fail. Yes, I'm very pleased with my Kitchenaid. Like your husband, I had been wanting one for a really long time, ever since I saw one for the first time when I was 14 years old. Got mine nearly 19 years later! It's great for making bread or pizza dough too if you/your husband's into breadmaking.

Mrs JTL
Old May 15th 2006, 12:57 pm
No longer waiting....

crawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to allcrawling is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Ask any Aussie if they've ever done that and they'll look at you as if you arrived on the last banana boat
LOL