Reload this Page >

can anyone please help?

can anyone please help?

Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

miss carol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can anyone please help?

Hello!
I am planning to migrate to Australia under a skilled independant visa and have already got a few questions, I would grateful if anyone can answer them.
1. I am a midwife and I have heard visas are fast tracked for those with a nursing qualification, is this true? and approximatley how long does the application take?
2. I am correct in thinking that once your visa is granted you would then have 1 year to travel to australia?
3. I am hoping to go in approximately15 -18 months time when i have financial comittments here in the uk settled. During the application process are your financial circumtances looked at? i.e are you required to send bank statements?
4. I lived in Rep. of Ireland for 11months in 2001 - 2002, will this mean I will also need a police check done for Ireland?
5. Lastly, the only language I speak is english as i have been born and bred in Scotland. I do not wish to sit a language ability test so do I therefore need to send my school exam certificates?
Thank you anyone who can answer these questions for me.

Carol.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

PeterAndSue is an unknown quantity at this point

Point 2.
You have one year from the date of your medicals or Police clearance , which ever is earlier to FIRST enter Aus.
some people get them done before they are requested but remember they have a limited life span.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:32 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Can only answer some of your questions.

1. I think yes but also depends on what area you are going to, so cant say how long.
2.you must travel to australia within 1 year of the policecheck or medical (earliest date applies) to validate the visa, but then you can come back and forth as you please.
3. not sure. We are applying under spouse visa.
4. yes, absolutely. and any other country you have lived in during the last 10 years
5. The language test is only for those who dont have english as their first language. Coming from scotland you should be classed as a native english speaker. (or are you from the western isles ? if gaelic is your main language, then you would maybe have to do the language test)

Hope this helps
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Re: can anyone please help?

Originally posted by miss carol

5. Lastly, the only language I speak is english as i have been born and bred in Scotland. I do not wish to sit a language ability test so do I therefore need to send my school exam certificates?
Thank you anyone who can answer these questions for me.

Carol.
We just got our school to write us a note saying all our education was in English (We're from Scotland too) but I think even that was excessive caution on our parts. If your degree etc. was from a British Uni. I don't think they will even ask
Old Dec 10th 2003, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nursing is fast-tracked. We applied for a skilled independent and got ours in 15 weeks (and that was quite a long time compared to some).

Your finances aren't looked into but I seem to remember having to put down roughly how much money we would be taking with us.

We didn't send in anything specifically to prove we were english speakers as we were both born in the UK and I thinl they assume that we will be native speakers

Hope this has helped

Claire
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

miss carol is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everone for the info. I'm so glad I found this web site, it's great! My feet are getting VERY itchy now and i'm desperate to get things moving with my visa and get back over to OZ.
One more thing, about the police check. I realise now I will also require one for the time I spent on a working holiday visa in Australia 3 years ago. I had a couple of addresses during the time I was living in Australia because I travelled about, so does this mean I would need a check from each state i was living in? Does anyone who i would contact about this?
I wish everyone the best of luck and happiness with your new and improved lives in the wonderful land of OZ.

Cheers
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by miss carol
Thank you everone for the info. I'm so glad I found this web site, it's great! My feet are getting VERY itchy now and i'm desperate to get things moving with my visa and get back over to OZ.
One more thing, about the police check. I realise now I will also require one for the time I spent on a working holiday visa in Australia 3 years ago. I had a couple of addresses during the time I was living in Australia because I travelled about, so does this mean I would need a check from each state i was living in? Does anyone who i would contact about this?
I wish everyone the best of luck and happiness with your new and improved lives in the wonderful land of OZ.

Cheers
I contacted the Federal police and they basically told me to give the address I stayed at longest and just explain that I travelled around on holday. I didn't need to give an itinerary. The check came back saying no news is good news, so I've no idea how hard they looked. Just search for the Australian Federal Police and look for an immigration police check - not the full disclosure one you'd need for a job.

(My memory may be a little hazy, but I feel sure I'm right)
Old Dec 10th 2003, 3:17 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Question 4 - (your presumtion after the other answers) no, you where here in Aus for less than 12 months - presumably legally on a working holiday visa - they already have the details. You need police checks for the ROI and UK only. You will state elsewhere on the details about your previous visits to Aus.