Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone give me the gen on a new UK passport?

Can anyone give me the gen on a new UK passport?

Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:45 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice
Default Can anyone give me the gen on a new UK passport?

Mine's due to expire in a few weeks. I don't need it in a hurry, but ought to get a new one - can anyone point me in the right direction?

How long do they take normally?

Thanks,
Alex
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:52 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Can anyone give me the gen on a new UK passport?

This should give you all the info you need.

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/passportsdefault.asp

Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:29 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice

Originally Posted by BKate
This should give you all the info you need.

http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/passportsdefault.asp

Cheers.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Got mine about 2 months back. Although the website was quoting 2 months it only took around 3 weeks
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by 4lex
Mine's due to expire in a few weeks. I don't need it in a hurry, but ought to get a new one - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Alex
Ours came back mega fast, only took about a week.

Debs
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:09 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

and mine took almost 9 weeks!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 5:24 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

I know the cost of getting one here in the UK has just shot up from £42 to £51, not sure if it has gone up over there in Oz yet!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i did my paperwork on t'internet and paid for it online and they sent the paperowkr out to be signed and photo's put in (need new pics as alst one was damaged)

realised about a week later i'd sent 2 unsigned pics and still had the signed ones on my desk so emailled.... a further 3 weeks later i got my passport paperowkr back asking it to be signed again and the signed pics to be enclosed.

by this time i was due to flt to canada within 2 weeks so posted everything away and called the passport office for advice. ended up having to pay loads of extra money for their suprtfast service. was told to phone on monday before i left if passport hadn't arrived.

called that monday (leaving on thursday morning ok...) and they said passport was just being printed and out be mailed out recorded delivery either that afternoon or the following morning.... it would be with me by 12 on wednesday - the day before i was leaving.

it hadn't arrived by 12 on wednesday so i phoned up. 1st was told that it was being couriered up and would be with me by 6. i aksed if they could find out the couriers number for me so i could contact them and check.... someone called me back within 10 minutes to tell me that they'd just found my passport sitting in the "to be collected" tray at their office IN WALES (and i'm in edinburgh!!!!!!!!!!!)

explained i was leaving the house at 7am the following morning and the passport office got it couriered overnight. it arrived at 6:45 the following morning.....

meanwhile my best friend in canada was having kittens at the thought her best friend might miss her wedding. i made it and the wedding was fantastic!!

heres hoping no-one else has same bother as me!! hehehehehehe

f
x
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:51 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4lex

Thanks,
Alex
Don't know if you can make it to Canberra but it took about 4 hrs by going in person.