Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Campo to walk Oxford Street on Monday!!

Campo to walk Oxford Street on Monday!!

Old Dec 14th 2003, 7:51 pm
Badge

Default Campo to walk Oxford Street on Monday!!

David Campese, Australia's Rugby Union star who scored 64 odd tries, some of which were breath-taking, in 101 appearances between 1982 and 1996 claimed he would walk down Oxford Street with a placard 'saying I'm wrong about England" if they ever won the Rugby World Cup.

He is renowned for his motormouth and anti-English sentiment.

And now he will do it!

I might go along and see him, with the Tahs Super 12 I bought from his shop in the Rocks in my last day in Sydney this year.

Badge

Old Dec 14th 2003, 9:00 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Campo to walk Oxford Street on Monday!!

Originally posted by badgersmount
David Campese, Australia's Rugby Union star who scored 64 odd tries, some of which were breath-taking, in 101 appearances between 1982 and 1996 claimed he would walk down Oxford Street with a placard 'saying I'm wrong about England" if they ever won the Rugby World Cup.

And now he will do it!

I might go along and see him, with the Tahs Super 12 I bought from his shop in the Rocks in my last day in Sydney this year.

Badge

yep,
he sure is!!!
confirmed on national tv tonight in front of ...ooooh....a couple of million people!!
Old Dec 14th 2003, 9:12 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount

And now he will do it!

Badge

The bloke has annoyed a few people down under as well. I think it was Gregan who he went all out at after Gregan refused to sign up to his management company.
Old Dec 14th 2003, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Does anyone know of a link to this story as i want to post it on another forum?
Old Dec 14th 2003, 11:45 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
The bloke has annoyed a few people down under as well. I think it was Gregan who he went all out at after Gregan refused to sign up to his management company.
lol bondi, nice new avatar!

Old Dec 15th 2003, 6:59 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Does anyone know of a link to this story as i want to post it on another forum?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funn...me/3306547.stm

walaj
Old Dec 15th 2003, 8:24 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by welshboybilly
lol bondi, nice new avatar!

Looks like they found Father Christmas then - I hope he was going to hand out some of that $750,000 to all the little children.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by badgersmount

And now he will do it!

Badge

You said it Badge - motormouth and anti-English sums him up, I disown him (as a commentator) and as BP said he has those who don't like him down under (my mother included). Now Michael Lynagh, there's a different story as a commentator. I thought the ITV '3 wise men' were pretty good during RWC.

OzTennis
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

True to his word, Campo did the walk today.

The article from BBC (along with a couple of photos) is here
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:45 pm
WBB

Originally posted by young_lad

fair play to him!

but did you read what the board on his back said....he has started already!

lol

Old Dec 16th 2003, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by young_lad

Campo was true to his pocket - he was sponsored to do it (Ladrokes) and there were pictures of him in The Times wearing a T-Shirt sponsoring some Arnott's Tim Tams event on Australia Day - and he has a column in The Times where he wrote about the walk.

OzTennis