Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Calling any plumbers in Perth???!!!

Calling any plumbers in Perth???!!!

Old May 12th 2008, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

kerry and rich is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling any plumbers in Perth???!!!

Hi there! After a failed attempt on the Sunshine Coast, Qld, me and my partner returned to not so sunny Sussex. 9 months later we have so many regrets that we have decided to give Oz another try. This time we want to try Perth as we visited here on our way home and wished we had come here first and are due to arrive in October. If anyone is a plumber in the Perth area we would love to hear your experiences as Rich found it quite difficult to get a job last time and we are quite anxious. Also, any info on the licensing in WA would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kerry and Rich
Old May 12th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Calling any plumbers in Perth???!!!

hi
out of interest, did the plumbing not work out in qlds, im off there early next year,
john
Old May 13th 2008, 8:32 am
Essex Staffy

daveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant futuredaveplumber has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kerry and rich
Hi there! After a failed attempt on the Sunshine Coast, Qld, me and my partner returned to not so sunny Sussex. 9 months later we have so many regrets that we have decided to give Oz another try. This time we want to try Perth as we visited here on our way home and wished we had come here first and are due to arrive in October. If anyone is a plumber in the Perth area we would love to hear your experiences as Rich found it quite difficult to get a job last time and we are quite anxious. Also, any info on the licensing in WA would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kerry and Rich
Plumber Gas Fitter here working in Perth area seems like all over WA at moment, when you get here take all of your paperwork with and references to the licensing centre (Selby Street) Osborne Park, you make the application and pay about $200 ish then once this is sorted which can take a few weeks (just keep phoning them and be a pain in the ar*e) they give you a number of a guy called Ron Duffield at Beaconsfield Tafe. Here you have to do a 1day hands on practical assessment bit of pipe bending, galvanised and bend 20mm copper with bending spring this costs app $450. Then you get your license easy, apart from the fact that within 6 months you have to do a migrant course which is a week long at a cost of about $550 + a set of books which sets you back about $250 this is not a pass or fail course just another government money making scheme.
I will be here when all you plumbers get here and i will be available for a fee to line you all up working for the right people and avoid all the pitfalls pmsl
Dave
Old May 13th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daveplumber
I will be here when all you plumbers get here and i will be available for a fee to line you all up working for the right people and avoid all the pitfalls pmsl
Dave

How about a traineeship or adult(over the hill) appreticeship?

Bruce
Old May 13th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to allDan the Plumber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by daveplumber
Plumber Gas Fitter here working in Perth area seems like all over WA at moment, when you get here take all of your paperwork with and references to the licensing centre (Selby Street) Osborne Park, you make the application and pay about $200 ish then once this is sorted which can take a few weeks (just keep phoning them and be a pain in the ar*e) they give you a number of a guy called Ron Duffield at Beaconsfield Tafe. Here you have to do a 1day hands on practical assessment bit of pipe bending, galvanised and bend 20mm copper with bending spring this costs app $450. Then you get your license easy, apart from the fact that within 6 months you have to do a migrant course which is a week long at a cost of about $550 + a set of books which sets you back about $250 this is not a pass or fail course just another government money making scheme.
Dave
nice one Dave might hold you to that!! we're over a week on monday for 3 weeks, got family there and spent approx ten years there myself - maybe catch up over a beer, be great to get hear it from the horses mouth, as it were!!
Dan