Bye All

Old Apr 14th 2018, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bye All

Looks like we are in for a tumultuous 48 hours. Potentially the worst in my 63 years.

It's on right now.

Watch China is my advice.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye All

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Looks like we are in for a tumultuous 48 hours. Potentially the worst in my 63 years.

It's on right now.

I thought you were leaving the boards and scrambled to say Bye (and how we can stay in contact..)

Then I thought you were talking about the wind and rain band hitting Melbourne!
Old Apr 14th 2018, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I thought you were leaving the boards and scrambled to say Bye (and how we can stay in contact..)

Then I thought you were talking about the wind and rain band hitting Melbourne!
Flouncing isn't part of my makeup

Mind you we do have a "hard rain" falling right now in Melbourne. Hope it stays as just weather.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Flouncing isn't part of my makeup

Mind you we do have a "hard rain" falling right now in Melbourne. Hope it stays as just weather.
:-)

I want to see that toad of a Syrian President targeted personally for waging war on his own. I am supporting Trump and May.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

US and UK might lose warplanes (think Gulf 1) but most of the strikes will come from seaborne moving targets..... ;-) The UK and US are not silly.

If the Syrians or Russians target coalition airfields (etc) further afield then that will be the danger and could turn this into a shooting war which could escalate - but I don't think it will.

That said:

Interestingly, someone commented that we are in a situation like the First WW - large coalition partners and blocks - where a chain of events caused a major war.

We've had so many years of relative peace since WW1 and WW2 and contained multi-national conflict to the Middle East (Gulf 1 and 2) that we forget how innocuous events can escalate.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 1:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

And while the world is shitting itself, we're all going to be f**ked in the ass by the powers that be and we won't even notice. All bluster, and everyone will profit from the ensuing arms race. Jeez I should have a beer
Old Apr 14th 2018, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
And while the world is shitting itself, we're all going to be f**ked in the ass by the powers that be and we won't even notice. All bluster, and everyone will profit from the ensuing arms race. Jeez I should have a beer

As I type - 4 Tornadoes from Cyprus have been used. Just like 1991 - seems like only yesterday...

the Russians would not target Akotiri or Dhekalia for example, nor would the Syrians - (can they, the Syrians even reach Cyprus?)
Old Apr 14th 2018, 2:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

As I type - 4 Tornadoes from Cyprus have been used. Just like 1991 - seems like only yesterday...

the Russians would not target Akotiri or Dhekalia for example, nor would the Syrians - (can they, the Syrians even reach Cyprus?)
I'm going to Cyprus for a wedding in 3 weeks time, sensational
Old Apr 14th 2018, 2:05 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Realistically Trump is doing this because it diverts attention from the noose tightening on his crimes, and Putin wants the traitor in place till he's more use in court, so it's likely nothing more serious than the destruction of a few empty buildings in Syria will result (Trump told Putin first, and Putin told Assad).

Oh, and it's still Friday the 13th in the US.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Realistically Trump is doing this because it diverts attention from the noose tightening on his crimes, and Putin wants the traitor in place till he's more use in court, so it's likely nothing more serious than the destruction of a few empty buildings in Syria will result (Trump told Putin first, and Putin told Assad).

Oh, and it's still Friday the 13th in the US.
The reason why we are hearing of Syrian anti-missile / SAM activity is because that's all they need to do or want to do.

That said, the US/UK would expect to lose an aircraft and would not escalate over this.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 5:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome news

Keep bombing

Kill 'em all - let their God sort them out
Old Apr 14th 2018, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Wars often start by default. Easy to manufacture reasons. Think Vietnam. I thought Trump had called this a one off? Doubt they will hit areas where a Russian presence would likely be found.
Trump with his big mouth was I guess sort of forced into doing something, not to be thought off as a blunt fanged tiger. I doubt much will come of this.
Still like I say, war often starts by default. If Russia took some action in defence of its ally or indeed a Russian target was hot, even accidently, Russia may indeed feel the need to respond.

The world is indeed in quite a mess. Certain uncontrollable forces may well at one stage consider war of magnitude as an acceptable alternative .......
Old Apr 14th 2018, 6:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's on right now.

Chill

China is too weak

Storm in a teacup
Old Apr 14th 2018, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

It's on right now.

Somewhat alarmist. Worst in 63 years? I think not. The 1962 missile crisis brought the world to near destruction. If the Soviets hadn't withdrawn their missiles from Cuba and turned their merchant freighters around while on the high seas, it is very likely that Kennedy would be remembered for something very different.

This will pass. China will not go to war over such a thing. They may well do over what they regard as their sovereign territory but highly unlikely over present issue.
Old Apr 14th 2018, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Somewhat alarmist. Worst in 63 years? I think not. The 1962 missile crisis brought the world to near destruction. If the Soviets hadn't withdrawn their missiles from Cuba and turned their merchant freighters around while on the high seas, it is very likely that Kennedy would be remembered for something very different.

This will pass. China will not go to war over such a thing. They may well do over what they regard as their sovereign territory but highly unlikely over present issue.
We haven't had the Russian response yet, and we will.

They won't like their defense missile system being breached.

I wouldn't like to be on Cyprus right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.