Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Buying a Business in Queensland

Buying a Business in Queensland

Old Dec 11th 2003, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buying a Business in Queensland

We, my wife and I are interested in anyone who has bought a business in Oz and there experiences good and bad and also how did you find the business. We are intersested in a motorbike shop.

Thanks
andy
Old Dec 11th 2003, 9:29 pm
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

try this link, its quite informative
http://www.mbec.com.au/buyingbusiness.htm

Old Dec 11th 2003, 11:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a Business in Queensland

Originally posted by ducatiandy
We, my wife and I are interested in anyone who has bought a business in Oz and there experiences good and bad and also how did you find the business. We are intersested in a motorbike shop.

Thanks
andy
My friend Dan has bought 3 business's in QLD, an aerial photography company, a jetski hire outfit & a jewellery store. He is doing very well, although he did comment/complain about the amount of red tape & tax he is paying, which is much more than the UK. He also says that there are more business opportunities in the UK than Australia, but he's made a lifestyle choice.
Old Dec 12th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by anne wilson
try this link, its quite informative
http://www.mbec.com.au/buyingbusiness.htm

Thank you very much this information is excellent, I am currently a senior manager in a building company, so if I can't find the right business I believe the building industry is busy over there at present.

Thanks Again
Andy
Old Dec 12th 2003, 10:06 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by ducatiandy I believe the building industry is busy over there at present.
Yes, you are right there, VERY busy. It takes ages to get any tradespeople to come. Lots of new houses being built, and many having renovations done.
It may slow down a little, now that the housig boom is slowing down, But I think lots of renovations will still be done. And with the number of immigrants still coming over to Brisbane , I think plenty of house building will still continue.

Old Dec 12th 2003, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Amazulu
My friend Dan has bought 3 business's in QLD, an aerial photography company, a jetski hire outfit & a jewellery store. He is doing very well, although he did comment/complain about the amount of red tape & tax he is paying, which is much more than the UK. He also says that there are more business opportunities in the UK than Australia, but he's made a lifestyle choice.

That's quite a skills mix. Did he learn his trade as an international jewel-thief in the Mission Impossible mould???
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

I was just having a look through properties for sale in Queensland and I came across this:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

Thought you might find it interesting.

Sandy
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CHnJ
That's quite a skills mix. Did he learn his trade as an international jewel-thief in the Mission Impossible mould???
Let's just say that at times he's pushed the title 'Entrepeneur' to the limit!.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Sandy.l
I was just having a look through properties for sale in Queensland and I came across this:

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...=&fmt=&header=

Thought you might find it interesting.

Sandy
Excellent thanks very much!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

pleasure.
Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

pleasure.
When and where are you moving, and what stage are you at?

Old Dec 15th 2003, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by ducatiandy
When and where are you moving, and what stage are you at?

Hi,

We are at the very beginning!

We have received the skills assessment forms but yet to fill them in, too busy sorting out Christmas!!

Hubby has two weeks off over Xmas and we'll do them then, so we'll get them in at the beginning of the New Year.

We want to be in Queensland also, been before, loved it. We've never shaken it off. We shouldn't have a problem with the applications, we are good, healthy people! Never even had a parking ticket. Hubby is in IT, that's the only problem as far as I can see. Ideally we want to go out to a job, but until we've got the Skills assessment there's no point in looking.

We are both 38, kids are 9 & 7, we would like to be there for our 40th!

How about you?

Sandy

Old Dec 15th 2003, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

We are at the very beginning!

We have received the skills assessment forms but yet to fill them in, too busy sorting out Christmas!!

Hubby has two weeks off over Xmas and we'll do them then, so we'll get them in at the beginning of the New Year.

We want to be in Queensland also, been before, loved it. We've never shaken it off. We shouldn't have a problem with the applications, we are good, healthy people! Never even had a parking ticket. Hubby is in IT, that's the only problem as far as I can see. Ideally we want to go out to a job, but until we've got the Skills assessment there's no point in looking.

We are both 38, kids are 9 & 7, we would like to be there for our 40th!

How about you?

Sandy

My wife is 34 and I am but a youth at 30 two kids also Boy 4 Girl 5, I have moved around a bit with my job I am a Senior Manager for a large construction co. trained as a Quanitity Surveyor my wife said if we move again it has to be somewhere warm and the weather is better than Glasgow and it will be for good this time as the kids are going to school now.

We decided on Queensland because of the weather and how great it looks. As you can see I really want to run my own motorbike shop and get out of the building industry and do what I enjoy and love, motorbikes.

We are hoping to be out there by the end of 2004 also maybe we could help each other through the process.

You are lucky you know someone there, we will be going it alone, but we have done it before so no great shake there.

Good to here from like minded people.

Cheers
Andy
Old Dec 15th 2003, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Have you been out there for a holiday? I couldn't imagine moving somewhere I've never been before!! Very brave!

We spent a couple of months in Brisbane/Sunshine Coast/Gold Coast and even when the weather wsn't blazing it was a beautiful place. I have to say though that when we got back to England I realised how green this land really is!

I do love Britain but we just want to try something new and we also think our kids will have a much better chance over in Aus. My step-daughter lives out there and she loves her school, she is always positive about life also, she settled in really well and has been there about seven years now.

I find it difficult getting mine to school and when they come home they have always got something to complain about. Maybe Step-daughter has been lucky but the kids are literally worlds apart as far as their outlook on life is concerned.

What area are you looking at, or does that depend on Business opportunities?

Sandy
Old Dec 15th 2003, 10:09 pm
ABCDiamond

My step-daughter lives out there and she loves her school, she is always positive about life also, she settled in really well and has been there about seven years now.
Hi Sandy
Could you add the details of your step-daughters school to the thread about Private v State schools. A lot of people are looking for recommendations for "Good" schools.

ta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.