Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

business class question

business class question

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:36 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default business class question

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between business class (d) and business class (c)?

Jim
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: business class question

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between business class (d) and business class (c)?

Jim
Probably just the amount you pay, or the people selling it have paid. E.g. a consolidator will pay less as they buy in bulk.

There's full fare business which will be the most changeable ticket.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:57 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Probably just the amount you pay, or the people selling it have paid. E.g. a consolidator will pay less as they buy in bulk.

There's full fare business which will be the most changeable ticket.

Thank you for shedding some light. I need to persuade the missus to go business any tips on that.

sent K for you.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:07 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for shedding some light. I need to persuade the missus to go business any tips on that.

sent K for you.
Yeah if you can afford it - do it - it makes the whole trip entirely pleasurable instead of being a nightmare. I would quite happily fly back & forth from here to UK in Business, its pure luxury. We went with Cathay Pacific via hong kong.

The different classes (c vs d - for example) often denote the specific fare as the other poster suggested - we bought our cathay flights from cathay but the tickets we had didnt include the limo pickup from home, so ours were classed as 'x' instead of 'y' whihc was the one including hte limo pick up.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:03 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

sent K for you.
Spalen spent ages trying to convince me, broken record technique usually works...once we checked in without queuing and then got on board I was so glad that I had let him talk me into it...only trouble now is flying anywhere economy after flying business.

Spalens wife
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:06 am
Breast Inspector

Originally Posted by spalen
Spalen spent ages trying to convince me, broken record technique usually works...once we checked in without queuing and then got on board I was so glad that I had let him talk me into it...only trouble now is flying anywhere economy after flying business.

Spalens wife

Well I may try that approach. I am on this site nearly everyday, so if you don't hear from me again you'll know that I have been silenced by master.
Jim
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

sent K for you.
Spalen's spot on. Business class makes a huge difference, especially travelling that distance. Has she travelled to Oz in Economy? If not, ask her to sit in a rear passenger seat in your car for about 13 hours. Allow her to get out and go to the loo, otherwise, she must eat there, read there etc. Then tell her she has to walk around/sit for a few hours on a plastic patio chair, then get back in the car and repeat for another 8 hours or so!

If the mere thought of that makes her , tell her to go and curl up on the bed, close her eyes, and imagine she's on a 'flatbed' in business class having just had a half decent airline meal, a wee glass of vino and she's just finished watching Colin Farrel in one of his many sexy roles!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by logan
Spalen's spot on. Business class makes a huge difference, especially travelling that distance. Has she travelled to Oz in Economy? If not, ask her to sit in a rear passenger seat in your car for about 13 hours. Allow her to get out and go to the loo, otherwise, she must eat there, read there etc. Then tell her she has to walk around/sit for a few hours on a plastic patio chair, then get back in the car and repeat for another 8 hours or so!

If the mere thought of that makes her , tell her to go and curl up on the bed, close her eyes, and imagine she's on a 'flatbed' in business class having just had a half decent airline meal, a wee glass of vino and she's just finished watching Colin Farrel in one of his many sexy roles!

I know what you mean. We are in a dillema. Either use our return tickets to the UK for a holiday (business class - no hassel) but then travel economy back (just could not manage that sort of cash again) or rip up our return tickets and spend almost as much on a holiday in Australia. Any one got any thoughts on this one. I'm actually holding return bookings now and I have 48 hours to make up my mind.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

You are all insane!!!

I've flown to Oz and back twice in Business class (my company paid), yeah great, lots of room, limitless alcohol, slightly less crappy meals.

I've also flown to Oz and back in cattle class (I was paying), alot more cramped, worse food, less alcohol.

But is it really worth 500-1000 quid to save 24 of hours semi-discomfort? My god, what a bunch of wusses!

Come on!! You still get fed and watered and alcoholed in cattle class. You still get your own wee tv with more channels than a terrestrial tv, and lots of old nintendo or sega games to play.

Honestly, if you are prepared to part with an extra 1000 quid just to fly business for 24 hours, you've got more money than sense,

JTL
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 4:06 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Jim

As the jones falimy said it is basically airline/agent jargon, different tickets are sold at different prices, it has nothing to do with the seat as such you could buy a ticket now and it would be a d for example and I could buy a ticket on the same flight a month later and it might be a c as all the d's have sold out, I would probably pay more yet on the plane I could well be sitting next to you.

there are letters for staff tickets aswell etc etc.
As for business go for it, well worth every penny (depending on the airline)

Kala
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:27 pm
ah-beng

Originally Posted by Ian12
I know what you mean. We are in a dillema. Either use our return tickets to the UK for a holiday (business class - no hassel) but then travel economy back (just could not manage that sort of cash again) or rip up our return tickets and spend almost as much on a holiday in Australia. Any one got any thoughts on this one. I'm actually holding return bookings now and I have 48 hours to make up my mind.
If you're emmigrating be brave - just book 1 way, sod going back .

We booked 1 way ;-)
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

sent K for you.
Why would she need persuading

There's no other way!!!
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:33 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

WARNING!

Do not fly business if it's a one off, trust me I know I've flown it twice and now when I get on a flight I end up staring at the staircase longingly like a desperate business class wannabe
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:36 am
ah-beng

Originally Posted by fraser
WARNING!

Do not fly business if it's a one off, trust me I know I've flown it twice and now when I get on a flight I end up staring at the staircase longingly like a desperate business class wannabe
Thats why they say its worse to have been rich and lost it all than never to have been rich at all ;-) and flying business everywhere is one way to lose it all thats for sure.

It helps you settle into your new life - its not just ' i cant afford the flights home ' its, ' i cant afford the Business Class fare home ' . Look on it as an investment in that respect.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 5:39 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Thats why they say its worse to have been rich and lost it all than never to have been rich at all ;-) and flying business everywhere is one way to lose it all thats for sure.

It helps you settle into your new life - its not just ' i cant afford the flights home ' its, ' i cant afford the Business Class fare home ' . Look on it as an investment in that respect.
I wouldn't know about that I didn't pay for it either time

Besides my two kids would soon get us thrown off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.