Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Nov 29th 2011, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Yes. It appeared (it would seem unintentionally) a few days ago on the US Airways buy miles page but has been taken down again now. So no guarantee, but it seems pretty likely. For December only.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

YAYYYY!!! Back on:

https://www.usairways.com/en-US/divi...21063_12012011

Double miles offer, but only goes up to 40,000 miles, valid for the month of December.

Since Louie has an uncanny ability to predict the future, please could he PM me with this weekend's winning Lotto numbers. Thanks.

Last edited by Lisa and Martin; Dec 1st 2011 at 9:42 am.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Lisa and Martin
YAYYYY!!! Back on:

https://www.usairways.com/en-US/divi...21063_12012011

Double miles offer, but only goes up to 40,000 miles, valid for the month of December.

Since Louie has an uncanny ability to predict the future, please could he PM me with this weekend's winning Lotto numbers. Thanks.
Awesome, top up time.

Any tips before I buy? Obvious on is to only buy 40+40 and not 50+40 I guess!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

And more good news, the AUD/US exchange rate has improved this week from 97cents to just over $1.02. Watch the exchange rates this month and time your purchase.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

It looks like they have increased the amount of miles, its now 145k buisness & 205k First class this is on Melbourne to London. Just tried a few random dates, can anyone confirm?

Also when it says airline is star alliance, what does that mean?

Last edited by treefingers; Dec 6th 2011 at 2:04 am.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:15 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treefingers
It looks like they have increased the amount of miles, its now 145k buisness & 205k First class this is on Melbourne to London. Just tried a few random dates, can anyone confirm?

Also when it says airline is star alliance, what does that mean?
Don't know where you got that from, the Mileage Chart still shows 120,000 Business and 150,000 First from South Pacific to Europe.

Star Alliance is a common grouping of airlines - the other alliance is OneWorld, which Qantas is part of.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Don't know where you got that from, the Mileage Chart still shows 120,000 Business and 150,000 First from South Pacific to Europe.

Star Alliance is a common grouping of airlines - the other alliance is OneWorld, which Qantas is part of.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 3:41 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

You are showing the number of miles charged by Air Canada's Aeroplan program. This has nothing to do with what US Airways charges - this has been pointed out before...more than once!
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

OK thanks sorry for the confusion, didn't help when the star alliances points table also tells me its 145k -https://www2.aeroplan.com/use_your_miles/travel/flights/air_reward_chart.do?p=staralliance
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:26 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks sorry for the confusion, didn't help when the star alliances points table also tells me its 145k -https://www2.aeroplan.com/use_your_miles/travel/flights/air_reward_chart.do?p=staralliance
Air Canada will have a set of miles levels for flights on it's own planes, and another set of levels for flights on Star Alliance partners. US has the same policy but there isn't any relationship between their Star Alliance levels, nor with any other Star Alliance airline. US is a great option because, for now (), they don't charge fuel surcharges. I think I read somewhere that Air Canada have started doing this. Other airlines charge huge fuel surcharges on award tickets...Qantas being a good example.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 8:59 am
Just Joined

buzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant futurebuzzer has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,
wanna book 1st class to man from perth for early june (need to b there for dads 80th surprise on 7th June). Am I right in thinking aeroplan is the best site to check availability, then call u.s. with the flight numbers, to book?
Also, with the current offer, if I buy 40K, then hubby buys 35K n gifts them to me, I will have enuf?
Sorry for the stupid questions - the flight availability sites baffle me completely!!!
B x
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:08 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by buzzer
Hi Guys,
wanna book 1st class to man from perth for early june (need to b there for dads 80th surprise on 7th June). Am I right in thinking aeroplan is the best site to check availability, then call u.s. with the flight numbers, to book?
Also, with the current offer, if I buy 40K, then hubby buys 35K n gifts them to me, I will have enuf?
Sorry for the stupid questions - the flight availability sites baffle me completely!!!
B x
There is currently no gift offer...only buy.

And in recent promos the max bonus was applicable across buy and gift....so you could only get the full bonus on one of them.

You also won't get first class from Perth...there is none. Or a long haul flight direct to MAN...so you would be better off with business.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

nic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to allnic75 is a name known to all

Hello bcworld and so good to have you back
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:25 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by nic75
Hello bcworld and so good to have you back
...cheers!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bcworld
...cheers!
Yeah welcome back, going to experience my first first class flight in a few weeks thanks to this offer

General question:

I'm all booked up with Thai Airlines but have not received any kind of correspondence from US Airways (I hear this is common). I called Thai a few days after I booked and confirmed I was flying and had seats.

Do I need to call Thai in order to

1.) Confirm my flights closer to the departure date?
2.) Get an online login so I can check things online and pre-order my meal (great thing you can apparently do with Thai first).

Also, how can i confirm which lounges I can use when flying Thai? i hear it is Air NZ in Sydney and Thai in Bangkok. What about London?

taaaa muchy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.