Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Tonyc88 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Sorry, really poor amount of info from me.

From Sydney to LHR. One person. Leave on Friday 25th Nov, back by Sunday evening of Sunday 4rd Dec.

I'm looking into the various tools now but having trouble

I have 200k usairway miles, looking for business class. Preferably a nice airline like Thai airways (via asia preferred)

Last edited by Tonyc88; Nov 14th 2011 at 8:36 am.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

No problem at all if you don't mind either a full day or a night in Bangkok and are coming from Sydney (one person).

25/11 TG476 SYD 10.00 - 15.30 BKK, or
25/11 TG472 SYD 16.30 - 22.00 BKK

26/11 TG916 BKK 13.30 - 19.35 LHR

returning

3/12 TG917 LHR 21.35 - 15.55 (+1) BKK
4/12 TG475 BKK 18.20 - 07.40 (+1) SYD

So back Monday morning, a bit later than ideal but you could go straight to work!

Last edited by louie; Nov 14th 2011 at 8:42 am. Reason: Crossed with above post, added something
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Thanks! what tool are you using?

...and does it show available seats?

Last edited by Tonyc88; Nov 14th 2011 at 8:44 am.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

How quickly things change. Checked again for earlier flights after I saw your last post and TG917 on 3 Dec no longer there (or maybe I screwed up). So to get you back on time:

3/12 TG911 LHR 11.50 - 06.10 (+1) BKK
4/12 TG471 BKK 07.45 - 21.05 SYD

Using ANA. By seats you mean a particular seat on the plane, such as 15A, rather than that there is a seat available? No, you'd need to contact Thai direct for that.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louie
How quickly things change. Checked again for earlier flights after I saw your last post and TG917 on 3 Dec no longer there (or maybe I screwed up). So to get you back on time:

3/12 TG911 LHR 11.50 - 06.10 (+1) BKK
4/12 TG471 BKK 07.45 - 21.05 SYD

Using ANA. By seats you mean a particular seat on the plane, such as 15A, rather than that there is a seat available? No, you'd need to contact Thai direct for that.
Thanks, wow the ANA site is hard to use. Signed up but can't seem to use the star alliance browser, only the ANA one.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

See this post. It's easy once you get the hang of it. You need to break the journey up into sectors so search SYD - BKK then BKK - LHR rather than SYD - LHR.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by louie
See this post. It's easy once you get the hang of it. You need to break the journey up into sectors so search SYD - BKK then BKK - LHR rather than SYD - LHR.
Thanks getting the hang of it already
Old Nov 14th 2011, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Being a bit snobby but who offers the best business class?

I might consider going via the US or a different route if the business class is significantly better!
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tonyc88
Being a bit snobby but who offers the best business class?

I might consider going via the US or a different route if the business class is significantly better!
The US airlines are not noted for leading the way in business class travel, quite the opposite I think. First class on American is barely up to BA business class standard for example. We will be going to LAX on United at Christmas and that looks to be a good service as they have put the fully flat beds in recently .

I would defintiely recommend Cathay Pacific, Qatar is a good service but the beds are not completely flat they are about 170degrees, BA is also a good business class.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The US airlines are not noted for leading the way in business class travel, quite the opposite I think. First class on American is barely up to BA business class standard for example. We will be going to LAX on United at Christmas and that looks to be a good service as they have put the fully flat beds in recently .

I would defintiely recommend Cathay Pacific, Qatar is a good service but the beds are not completely flat they are about 170degrees, BA is also a good business class.
Thank for the info! However I meant in the star alliance!

I may just stick with Thai. Maybe not the best business but would be good to do a layover in Bangkok, not been there for years!
Old Nov 15th 2011, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thank for the info! However I meant in the star alliance!

I may just stick with Thai. Maybe not the best business but would be
good to do a layover in Bangkok, not been there for years!
Oh sorry thought you meant you had decided to buy tickket if business was better. Well United are in star alliance and their business class is fully flat at least to LAX anyway.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

A few more questions (first time and all)

I'm looking now at going

SYD> BKK 16th Dec
BKK > LHR 17th Dec
then
LHR > BKK 26th-ish
BKK > SYD 26th/27th

First part of the journey is fine in that there are business class seats available for partner miles. However the return leg from LHR>BKK appear to be full. Some say 'OK' but the yellow box is not there.

Can I fly Thai on the way out but go via US Airways or united coming back (other way around the world?). I'm just trying to find a spot back on the 26th....or maybe 27th but I understand it's just about the worst time!!!

Also - what's the maximum time you can stay as a layover? Must it be less than 24 hours when using airmiles?

Edit: Also 2 - i'm looking to get a new passport when in the UK (mine is almost expired) - idoes it affect my flight if I have a different passport for the return leg?

Last edited by Tonyc88; Nov 16th 2011 at 2:05 am.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:11 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Can I fly Thai on the way out but go via US Airways or united coming back (other way around the world?).
Basically No. A Round the World ticket will cost you 300,000 Dividend Miles, so it's very unlikely that you can do the same thing for 120,000!

Have you looked at coming back via Frankfurt or some other European hub?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Basically No. A Round the World ticket will cost you 300,000 Dividend Miles, so it's very unlikely that you can do the same thing for 120,000!

Have you looked at coming back via Frankfurt or some other European hub?
I'm trying that now. Appear fine getting to FRA, but nothing from FRA > BKK on the 26th or 27th!

CDG is the same. Going to try a few other places........
Old Nov 16th 2011, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

All booked. Was easier than I thought! Going first class for most of it, business for one leg. Waiting for the confirmation email so I can confirm the seats with Thai.

Given the cost of a ticket Qantas qanted for economy Ithink it's still a steal!

22ND DEC SYD > BKK (1st)
23RD DEC BKK > LHR (1st)

return

29TH DEC LHR > FRA (Bus), FRA > BKK (BUS)
30TH DEC BKK > SYD (1st)

Thanks for your help all. Who would have thought i'm going home for xmas for about $2500 in first class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.