Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Feb 27th 2016, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Well actually it's AA that charges for the separate leg as they still haven't worked out that the Middle East is a perfectly valid transit point between South Pacific and Europe...therefore they treat it as 2 awards. Still, EY J is a great product and the difference is not that much in dollar terms so all good!

I have had a look on youtube to see what its like.. looks very good ..and i get to check out the biz class lounge in Abu Dhabi.. as it was a choice between long wait there or long wait in KL .. and i dont rate the Golden Lounge in KL
Old Feb 27th 2016, 8:28 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
So the boyfriend and I have booked for us to go to Toronto via Dallas in May. We couldn't find business but we're ok with thsat. Two round trip tickets cost $545 AUD plus used the last of my AA miles. Can't complain about that.
You do know that at that price you will be working as a trolley-dolly on the flight!
Old Feb 27th 2016, 8:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
You do know that at that price you will be working as a trolley-dolly on the flight!
How exciting! I can try out my "coffee, tea or me?" line. Hopefully I'll get to work the Business or First sections of the plane so I'm not propositioning the cattle class patrons.

Seriously though, I do wish we could have found flights to take us to Van so we could have done the Okenagan. Next time. Oh, and keep my job open SP.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 8:50 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

How exciting! I can try out my "coffee, tea or me?" line. Hopefully I'll get to work the Business or First sections of the plane so I'm not propositioning the cattle class patrons.

Seriously though, I do wish we could have found flights to take us to Van so we could have done the Okenagan. Next time. Oh, and keep my job open SP.
Will do

Chicken or the fish?
Old Feb 27th 2016, 8:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken or the fish?
I was going to say something rude but remembered that I'm a lady.
Old Feb 27th 2016, 9:51 pm
I need a walk

I was going to say something rude but remembered that I'm a lady.
Yeh right! Propositioning yourself to the "turn left crowd" classy!
Old Mar 6th 2016, 12:00 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Will do

Chicken or the fish?
poulet ou de poisson?
Old Mar 13th 2016, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

llanfachreth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

My partner and baby are off to the UK for a few weeks in July/August, from Melbourne.
Is this deal dead or still available?
Old Mar 21st 2016, 3:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llanfachreth
Hi

My partner and baby are off to the UK for a few weeks in July/August, from Melbourne.
Is this deal dead or still available?
Effectively dead, meaning too expensive now with program changes and the AUD. Only hope is LifeMiles running more +130-150% promos like they did last year...but they always seem a bit risky. The website came good for a while there but now most things are not showing up again and need to be manually booked via email with their support people...fine if there are no issues!

Just burnt most of my remaining AA miles today ahead of Wednesday's devaluation. 2 x Qantas First MEL-LHR later this year. The plan had been Etihad A380 apartments but availability which was OK dried up as the devaluation got closer.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 6:51 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by bcworld
Effectively dead, meaning too expensive now with program changes and the AUD. Only hope is LifeMiles running more +130-150% promos like they did last year...but they always seem a bit risky. The website came good for a while there but now most things are not showing up again and need to be manually booked via email with their support people...fine if there are no issues!

Just burnt most of my remaining AA miles today ahead of Wednesday's devaluation. 2 x Qantas First MEL-LHR later this year. The plan had been Etihad A380 apartments but availability which was OK dried up as the devaluation got closer.
You must be devastated! I'm not sure how you are going to cope
Old Mar 29th 2016, 9:52 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

There is a new AA points offer out today.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 1:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

You must be devastated! I'm not sure how you are going to cope
Poor lad having to slum it

Virgin had some elite type seats available, with ethiad or is that emirates, cant remember, anyway they were $700,000 points !! melb to london.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Does this mean its back on or is this a similar programme?

Low-cost Qantas business, first class buying US frequent flyer miles - Australian Business Traveller

EDIT: It looks good but your AA account needs to be over 30 days old to buy miles and the current promo ends in less than 30 days...

Last edited by freebo; Apr 6th 2016 at 4:56 am.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 4:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebo
It's the same old thing...but the costs are much higher than they once were. The price they quote for return to Asia is what we once paid for return to Europe!
Old Apr 10th 2016, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

I've decided to do an extra trip back to the UK for my Mum's 80th shindig. Hoping to leave SYD on 15, 16 or (last resort) 17 May to fly to LHR, then back on 23 or 24 May. I've been using KVS Tool but getting a bit mixed up whether I sign on using my QF credentials or my BA ones - they give different results. I can't seem to make a good flight connection time. Is there an hours limit for connection times or can anyone suggest a good flight plan that I have missed?

Last edited by Lisa and Martin; Apr 10th 2016 at 3:29 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.