Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

flying from chch 10 / 11th sept although i can go earlier if needed
chch to Lax

ive got onward flights to catch as well.. but there is plenty of availabilty once i get to the USA
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:42 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
That's only because I look at expert flyer and have to do it way out though and pretty much forget it for 2 people. Those seats are next to impossible on the LAX run sadly. I think you'd have more chance of winning the lottery than getting seats on Air NZ at such short notice
I just had a quick look on ANA and guessing at the dates from Deepsix's post...very surprised to see there WAS business availability AKL - LAX on Sep 11, 14 & 17.

Originally Posted by Centurion
I think I need professional help....
....better sign me up too!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:47 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeepSix
flying from chch 10 / 11th sept although i can go earlier if needed
chch to Lax

ive got onward flights to catch as well.. but there is plenty of availabilty once i get to the USA
At the moment AKL - LAX is available on the 11th NZ002 (2130).

The connections from CHC are a problem you could get one but with a 5.5 hour layover at AKL.

You could always pay for a seat on a later CHC - AKL flight.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

so many different options
although i have resigned myself that i will have to travel cattle class... i dont think my nerves could stand waiting until only a few days before i have to fly to see if there is any availability with US airways

looks like i might be off on some sort of quantas/AA combo
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:29 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

so many different options
although i have resigned myself that i will have to travel cattle class... i dont think my nerves could stand waiting until only a few days before i have to fly to see if there is any availability with US airways

looks like i might be off on some sort of quantas/AA combo
Keep the faith - personally I'd phone a couple of days before the exact day that you qualify for those miles and check availability. They will hold the reservation for you for three days for you to then buy the miles (which is instant). You then call, "pay for the reservation" with your miles and give them a credit card for the tax and your done.

Honestly - Air NZ business to LAX is an excellent product with fully lie flat pods, duvets, AVOD etc. The food is great and the lounge at LAX is the best lounge there is in the terminal (says I who got caught in a 9 hour delay in it...). It's really worth doing imo. Frankly economy sucks at any time, but for 12 hours it sucks more.

Otherwise you'll be kicking yourself as soon as you step foot on that plane in economy

Let's be honest, if you can't pull it together then you can just get an economy fare straight away online anyway.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

cant seem to work that US airways online booking..

as far as i can see there is no biz seats left? but it seems to be saying that for a hell of a lot of dates..

i hate this..!

got to get to the states for a specific date 14th.. so i guess its just down to.. can i find a flight to get me there with say 5 days to go? and will i end up paying biz price for economy because i've left it to the last minute.

Ive had a quote for the full trip (MSP is final destination) for $2700 kiwi..but by my reckoning.. i can get there for about the same price in luxury if i can secure a seat with the US Airways offer..bugger.. i'm going to have a cup of tea and a think!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:36 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

cant seem to work that US airways online booking..

as far as i can see there is no biz seats left? but it seems to be saying that for a hell of a lot of dates..
You can't check availability or book online for these seats on the US Airways website. There are a couple of ways to check availability of frequent flyer award seats and these are mentioned earlier on in this thread. Booking can only be done by phoning US. Seat on Sept 11th still available.
Attached Thumbnails Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx 00 - 00 rtn!-airnz.png  
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that..
i did skip read most of the pages.. but i guess i didnt pick up on that

time to get a coin out and best of three..!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

I have managed to survive the weekend of "fun" here in chch.

Checked on availability.. looks like i can still get my chch to LAX ( via syd - United Airlines) on the way out and LAX to CHC ( Via AKL - Air New Zealand) on the way back..

then I rang the reservations number.. loads of times.. no answer..

i'm guessing that they must shut early on a sunday night.. cant seem to see any opening times on their website..

So now i will have to wait until tonight (monday morning for them) to see if my seats are still available..

this waiting is almost.. and a half hearted almost.. as bad as waiting for the aftershocks on saturday morning.. on 2nd thought.. nope this waiting isnt that bad at all!!

chime in anyone if they know a secret bat cave number to reservations for US Airlines
Old Sep 6th 2010, 4:32 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Dividend Miles service center hours
Monday - Friday: 7 AM to 12 AM (ET)
Saturday: 8 AM to 9 PM (ET)
Sunday: Closed

Tel : (USA) 800-428-4322

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/contact/dmilesacct.html

Obviously those times ET - US.
Old Sep 6th 2010, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

thanks centurion..
well that explains why no one answered!

i'll give them a ring 7am ET

cheers

Deep Six
Old Sep 6th 2010, 4:55 am

thanks centurion..
well that explains why no one answered!

i'll give them a ring 7am ET

cheers

Deep Six
Best of luck ! I found them quite easy to deal with, if American....
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Wondering if anyone knows what I can do with a flight from Edinburgh - Perth on Thai Business (using US Airways miles) that I won't use? It is in November.

Can I sell it on?

Anyone want!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 6:57 am

Sorry your out of luck. You can always cancel the award and get miles recredited to use on something else.

Transferring awards
  • You may redeem your miles for award tickets for use by any person you designate. Simply provide the passenger name(s) at the time reservations are made.
  • Name changes are not permitted. If you or the person you designate are unable to travel, you may redeposit your miles into your account for a redeposit fee.
Award ticket redeposit
  • Fully unused award tickets are eligible for redeposit into your account within 1 year from the date of issue once the reservation is canceled. A redeposit fee (payable by credit card only) will apply per ticket.
  • All canceled paper award tickets must be returned unused to the Dividend Miles Service Center before miles will be redeposited into your account.
  • When a voluntary change in itinerary results in a lower award level or class of service (i.e. coach class), the additional banked miles may be redeposited into your account prior to travel commencement. A redeposit fee (payable by credit card only) will apply. This will be processed at the member's request.
  • Once travel has commenced on an award ticket, the award is considered used. Mileage for any unused portion will not be redeposited into your account.
  • The redeposit fee is $150.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...mberguide.html
Old Sep 6th 2010, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

well its all done and dusted

had to change some of my flights.. but i am still off.. business flights all the way..
thanks for everyones help

cheers

Deep Six

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.