Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by commonwealth
because last time i checked it's available only up to 30/9/12.
Not if you've been targeted for the next round. Hubby got an email (I didn't) which says:

"There’s a quicker way to get miles – buy them!
Buy now to get a 100% bonus*

Buy Miles is the quick and easy way to top off your account and get to where you need to be. And now you can get there even faster. Get a 100% bonus on the miles you buy or gift October 1 – 31, 2012, up to 50,000 miles. Buy the miles you want to get the reward you deserve."
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Mine is definitely until the end of October.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

It's been a little while since I've posted in here, but it's time to start flying again me thinks!

Was hoping to fly Melbourne to Dublin on/around 21/12 and returning around 03/01/12.

Was hoping for Singapore (I know this is a dream), Lufthansa or Thai and had been looking at

MEL - SIN - FRA - DUB - FRA - SIN - MEL
MEL - BKK - FRA - DUB - FRA - BKK - MEL
MEL - BKK - ZRH - DUB - ZRH - BKK - MEL

I'm struggling to find any availability - award nexus & AwardTravelr aren't giving me anything and for some reason my ANA account won't let me in.

In desperation this afternoon, I rang US Airways but the lady told me there is NO availability on any airline for the entire month of December - Being the skeptic I am, I didn't believe her as the last time I travelled this way, I was able to book December flights one week before travel date.

Can any of you clever people help me out and tell me if the USAirways lady was correct and if not, can you see any availability for in/around those travel dates.

Travel is for 2 adults and 1 infant (5 weeks old).

Last edited by louiseos; Oct 25th 2012 at 7:07 am.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon she's probably right...picking are slim this year...even on TG.

I checked MEL-BKK for post 16 Dec and there was nothing. Nor MEL-PEK, MEL-PVG...I wouldn't even bother looking at MEL-SIN. There's a bit more SYD-BKK but you'd need to leave 18th or 19th.

I actually think the return journey will be even less likely....that week is super busy.

You might find things open up closer to departure but that's no good for your planning.

I booked an itin in the opposite direction at the beginning of last month for my Dad and there was very little to choose from.
Old Oct 25th 2012, 7:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

19/12: BNE-BKK-VIE-FRA-DUB x 2
Old Oct 25th 2012, 9:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Code:
DUB  Dublin IE [EIDW]
MEL  Melbourne Metro / Tullamarine VI AU = MEL AVV [YMML]
WED  02 Jan 2013 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------
LH         983     DUB   05:35     FRA   08:40     321  0   YS+
 -> TG     921     FRA   14:10     BKK   06:20 +1  380  0   YS+
 -> TG     461     BKK   08:10 +1  MEL   21:20 +1  777  0   CS+
...note that the FRA-BKK flight is in economy on the A380. Bit of an unsociable departure from DUB as well!
Old Oct 26th 2012, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Bit off topic but just booked my mum business class tickets with Etihad from Manchester to Melbourne in Feb next year for 2700 stirling which i thought quite reasonable.

Not as good a deal as you guys are getting of course but these are great flights for a 77 year old, 23 hours on the way out and 25 hours on the way back with one stop each way in Abu Dabi, total flat bed seats on all legs and i like the seat configuration, ie staggered so you have quite good privacy and nobody next to you.

I know Abu Dabi airport doesn't have the best rep but i imagine the biz lounge will be nice enough for the few hours she will be there.

Anyone flown this route and what are your opinions on Etihad business class?
Old Oct 28th 2012, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

Hi
Hoping someone can help me, I have read the whole thread and need to get a flight back to the UK next couple of weeks to visit a sick family member, so
I set up an account 2 weeks ago today for me, husband and son and just now attempted to buy 50,000 miles but got the message I have exceeded the amount I can buy , I thought I could buy 50,000 and then get another 50,000 but am I doing something wrong here,

I checked availability and it looked like it was a possibility , my account is 14days old now

I was getting so excited thinking maybe I could go business class around 7 Nov I will only be in the UK around 10 days anyway and dreading the thought of another squashed cattle class flight

any help much appreciated
Old Oct 28th 2012, 7:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by sfr09
Hi
Hoping someone can help me, I have read the whole thread and need to get a flight back to the UK next couple of weeks to visit a sick family member, so
I set up an account 2 weeks ago today for me, husband and son and just now attempted to buy 50,000 miles but got the message I have exceeded the amount I can buy , I thought I could buy 50,000 and then get another 50,000 but am I doing something wrong here,

I checked availability and it looked like it was a possibility , my account is 14days old now

I was getting so excited thinking maybe I could go business class around 7 Nov I will only be in the UK around 10 days anyway and dreading the thought of another squashed cattle class flight

any help much appreciated
The current 100% free offer on buying miles is targeted...I think the targeting would've been done before you set up these accounts. Or have you received an email since setting up the accounts offering you the 100% on buying?

I know there is a share promo running but you obviously don't have any miles to share at this stage.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

sfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud ofsfr09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
The current 100% free offer on buying miles is targeted...I think the targeting would've been done before you set up these accounts. Or have you received an email since setting up the accounts offering you the 100% on buying?

I know there is a share promo running but you obviously don't have any miles to share at this stage.
Thanks for replying but I didnt get an email directly to me but just testing it now I think I can buy 50,000 in my husband account (cost was US1880) and then share that to me (cost US 500) and I would then have 100000 so I still would need another 20,000 so I think I could use the account I set up for my son to do this but maybe this is not such a good deal as then I guess I would have all the taxes on top , and would I be able to do that in one go ,
I am just a bit nervous that it will work?
Old Nov 1st 2012, 3:13 am
Just Joined

twitch1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Buy and Girt 100% promo seems to back on starting November 1st.

Here is the blurb from the website.

Get a 100% bonus when you buy or gift miles*

Buy or gift miles November 1 – 30, 2012 and get a 100% bonus – up to 50,000 miles. Buying miles is the quick and easy way to get award travel. And for the perfect holiday present, gift miles to a friend of family member to help them reach award travel.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

louiseos is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bcworld
Code:
DUB  Dublin IE [EIDW]
MEL  Melbourne Metro / Tullamarine VI AU = MEL AVV [YMML]
WED  02 Jan 2013 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------
LH         983     DUB   05:35     FRA   08:40     321  0   YS+
 -> TG     921     FRA   14:10     BKK   06:20 +1  380  0   YS+
 -> TG     461     BKK   08:10 +1  MEL   21:20 +1  777  0   CS+
...note that the FRA-BKK flight is in economy on the A380. Bit of an unsociable departure from DUB as well!
Thanks for checking bcworld. Looks like I may be best off leaving it til later in the year! : /
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sfr09
Thanks for replying but I didnt get an email directly to me but just testing it now I think I can buy 50,000 in my husband account (cost was US1880) and then share that to me (cost US 500) and I would then have 100000 so I still would need another 20,000 so I think I could use the account I set up for my son to do this but maybe this is not such a good deal as then I guess I would have all the taxes on top , and would I be able to do that in one go ,
I am just a bit nervous that it will work?
Well I finally have got a booking managed to get someone to share miles with me and then I bought some too to make the 120000. Have booked bus class to Lhr on Thai and Asiana leaving on Wed, My only question is now I was charged 503 US Departure tax plus the 75 late booking fee and 50 Us award fee. I thought that sounded a bit high does anyone know?

I still am very excited at going Business class it is only for 10 days one of those trips that are not really welcome

Thanks for putting all this information out there it was a great help, I also got some help too from Flyer talk , its great so much appreciated
Old Nov 5th 2012, 7:18 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Not if you've been targeted for the next round. Hubby got an email (I didn't) which says:

"There’s a quicker way to get miles – buy them!
Buy now to get a 100% bonus*

Buy Miles is the quick and easy way to top off your account and get to where you need to be. And now you can get there even faster. Get a 100% bonus on the miles you buy or gift October 1 – 31, 2012, up to 50,000 miles. Buy the miles you want to get the reward you deserve."
just got an email for november!

question is: do they clamp down on multiple clone accounts that share miles to each other?
Old Nov 5th 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

My wife and i and by the time we go 8/9 month old baby girl will be moving to australia,we was looking at singapore airlines as i have used them a few times and prefer them over other airlines.
I have 124,000 points with spg and was looking to maybe transfer these into krisflyer,i been told that for every 20,000 i transfer i get 5,000 and also when booking with singapore online i get 15% off and also there is some sort of award things going on whats the award thing?
We would be going one way and for the uk leg of the journey as we stay in scotland,we do have points in another to use for the uk flights.
But im told it is possible to get business class with the points i will end up having by the time they are transfered etc etc.
I am told that fees and taxes will probably need to be paid which could be as high as £800 for us both.
We would add the baby as a lap child,any advise we are hoping to book for next year and as i have so many points what my options are,i do like singapore airlines and i just wanted to know would this be the way to go about it,business class would be great if my points go that far,any tips,info anyone could pass on that maybe i should think about before i transfer/book etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.