Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:46 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes you get a membership number straight away.

Sign up today and buy on the 30th/31st & you'll have no problems. When buying the miles it automatically tries to give you the bonus...if for some reason you are not eligible it will let you know.

I found that after buying the miles were visible and usable in my account immediately - I literally bought the miles & booked 5 minutes later.
Excellent, I just need to find 10mins at lunch to get a few accounts opened and then remember to buy the miles in 10 days time.
Thanks again for posting about this, much appreciated.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:06 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Excellent, I just need to find 10mins at lunch to get a few accounts opened and then remember to buy the miles in 10 days time.
Thanks again for posting about this, much appreciated.
Ok im set up with an account and so is my wife.
When I go into the buy miles option its showing the 100% offer now, so implies and can purchase straight away and get the bonus, where did the 10-11 day wait thing come from I cant find anything on the site about it.

The whole gifting thing seems a bit to easy to me.
Surerly I could do the following:
Person 1 purchases 50,000 and gets 50,000 free giving 100,000 total
Person 1 then gifts 50,000 of them to Person 2 picking up another 50,000bonus, so person 2 then has 100,000 and person one has 50,000 left
Person 2 then does exactly the same and gifts the 50,000, both then end up with a balance of 150,000 for the cost of purchasing 50,000 each.
Seems to good to be true! anyone tried this?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
Ok im set up with an account and so is my wife.
When I go into the buy miles option its showing the 100% offer now, so implies and can purchase straight away and get the bonus, where did the 10-11 day wait thing come from I cant find anything on the site about it.

The whole gifting thing seems a bit to easy to me.
Surerly I could do the following:
Person 1 purchases 50,000 and gets 50,000 free giving 100,000 total
Person 1 then gifts 50,000 of them to Person 2 picking up another 50,000bonus, so person 2 then has 100,000 and person one has 50,000 left
Person 2 then does exactly the same and gifts the 50,000, both then end up with a balance of 150,000 for the cost of purchasing 50,000 each.
Seems to good to be true! anyone tried this?
OK...the 10 day thing was listed in the conditions when I did this in December. I have read elsewhere that although it's not listed in the T&Cs this time around that it still applies - that may or may not be the case. If you are in a position to book now...I would recommend holding seats before buying the miles...no risk that way.

You have the other stuff quite wrong. 'Gifting' involves BUYING miles for someone else - not giving away your own miles. When the promotion last ran there was a third option - share - which allowed something similar to what you are describing but still cost $'s. No 'share' option this time.

Each person can buy and gift upto 50k + 50k for each type of transaction. So person 1 buys their 100k and person 2 gifts them 100k to get 200k in one account. If you are looking to make a booking for 2 people then person 1 would then buy another 20k, not eligible for the bonus - in total it would cost you about US$3550.

Last edited by bcworld; Mar 18th 2010 at 4:19 am.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info

....so after buying the miles...

to book you need to speak to US airways on the number on their website who will then book you onto a flight with Thai Airways from BNE-BKK-LHR (in our case).

Is this correct?

Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Thanks for the info

....so after buying the miles...

to book you need to speak to US airways on the number on their website who will then book you onto a flight with Thai Airways from BNE-BKK-LHR (in our case).

Is this correct?

Thanks
That's hopefully how it would work. At that point you'll pay the taxes & the fees for whatever routing they come up with. There's 3 in your family from memory - 3 seats would be hard to get, 2 less so & 1 fairly easy with some flexibility on dates.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Me again can you reserve seats now and pay in your miles in 10 days time?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:50 am
Living in Perthection

OK...the 10 day thing was listed in the conditions when I did this in December. I have read elsewhere that although it's not listed in the T&Cs this time around that it still applies - that may or may not be the case. If you are in a position to book now...I would recommend holding seats before buying the miles...no risk that way.

You have the other stuff quite wrong. 'Gifting' involves BUYING miles for someone else - not giving away your own miles. When the promotion last ran there was a third option - share - which allowed something similar to what you are describing but still cost $'s. No 'share' option this time.

Each person can buy and gift upto 50k + 50k for each type of transaction. So person 1 buys their 100k and person 2 gifts them 100k to get 200k in one account. If you are looking to make a booking for 2 people then person 1 would then buy another 20k, not eligible for the bonus - in total it would cost you about US$3550.
I dont think they'll let me book for 13mths in advance will they? seem to remember its normally only about 10mths in advance.
Assuming so i'll probably wait till the end of the month to buy them.

I thought the gifting was similar to the family transfer type option with QFF (but with the double up bonus) I didnt look at the Share points option which is more like that. So yeah what youve outlined looks spot on as to what I need to do.Cheers.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

I just telephoned them. Took a while - the operator needed me to spell Perth!

Anyway, they can give me Perth - Singapore - Frankfurt - Edinburgh on the dates I want in October.

120,000 miles for business and 150,000 for first class. I might look at first class next week but need to work out if it is worth is as I doubt first class will operate from Perth to Singapore or Frankfurt to Edinburgh.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

That's hopefully how it would work. At that point you'll pay the taxes & the fees for whatever routing they come up with. There's 3 in your family from memory - 3 seats would be hard to get, 2 less so & 1 fairly easy with some flexibility on dates.
thanks for that - good memory btw

OH and daughter are flying airasia x (booked before christmas at $900 each) but i have only just been authorised the time off so will be flying on my own.

Just checked and airasia want over $1800 for 1 person now so reckon i'll be getting onto this one..!!

Thanks again
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

ok, they will hold seats for 3 days, allowing you time to buy miles etc.

Singapore airlines seem to have (next to ) no first class seats on rewards. So for them its economy or business. At least thats how it seemed to me and Bcworld said similar at the start of the thread.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:47 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Kingseat
I just telephoned them. Took a while - the operator needed me to spell Perth!

Anyway, they can give me Perth - Singapore - Frankfurt - Edinburgh on the dates I want in October.

120,000 miles for business and 150,000 for first class. I might look at first class next week but need to work out if it is worth is as I doubt first class will operate from Perth to Singapore or Frankfurt to Edinburgh.
Yes that's right...there is no F on the Thai & Singapore flights ex Perth - and the Thai business class on that route isn't great either...traditional style business class seats - but for a short-ish day flight they're OK.

The 'business class' on Lufty FRA - EDI is virtually no different to economy - the old 3 seats with only 2 passengers move the armrests trick - better food service & lounge access at FRA as well.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

Ok just seen this guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question 1
Syd Bkk Lhr would be the route then returning in 3 weeks

Question 2
Two adults business class

Question 3
Can i booked the flights before paying for them and which airline will be the provider??

Question 4
do you need to call the USA and if so where is their number
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:56 am
Living in Perthection

I wonder what my chances are of getting Perth to Calgary via somewhere over East then onto Vancouver with a week stop over before going to Calgary, then coming back via Vancouver to Hawaii with 4 days stop over before heading back into Aus....all for 110K points
Old Mar 18th 2010, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Someone said above they will hold seats for 3 days whilst you purchase your miles (which you can't do for 10 days once you have registered - this is confirmed because I tried it and the system wouldn't let me!).

Phone them and see what they can do. I called their 1800 6221015 through Skype.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:03 am
Living in Perthection

There's an international sales office number of 02-9959-3696
They'll probably only be able to book std fares not reward fares but I might try my luck when the time comes to book.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.