BundyMum update

Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:24 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: BundyMum update

Originally Posted by bundy
Thanks Anya - and good thinking.

Only problem is that she is currently a bit spaced out on all the drugs so the old brain isn't working that well at present. She does lots of crosswords, reads voraciously (the only advantage to spending all day in bed!) and listens to the radio. She can't sit to type at the moment and because the pain is all in her right side she finds it very hard to write. Might get her a dictaphone though because I'd like her to get down some of the stories about my granny before they get lost in history. Sort of put the family history on record.

Yep, slowing down is not something my mum is good at! But she realises that it is far better than the alternative. Sad thing is that she will have to miss my brother's graduation ceremony in a week or so because she can't travel, and my dad can't leave her. So I get to be stand-in mother (again). She's frustrated about that!
If it's not too painful give her big hugs from the Banana's

Love Jill, Warren, Imogen and Smudge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!

Thinking of you and your family. Keep smiling

Bex 66
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!

Hey Bundy

Thinking of you and your family. Keep smiling

Bex 66
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Glad to hear it's nothing more sinister than a flare up- and that hopefully her consultant can fix her up with some new treatment next week. Hope you can sleep a bit easier now

We are also having something of a family health crisis- not with my parents but with my brother and as it is a mental health problem it's something of an unknow quantity at the moment. My parents nerves are frayed to bits and the stress is really getting to them big time. Now I feel like we're bailing out on them just when they need our support..........am starting to feel a little of what you've been going through the last few months.
Anyway, are you still on for the 7th? Will stick the thread back up and try to get some definite numbers.
Take care
Yvonne x
Old Oct 25th 2004, 11:03 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YFitz
Glad to hear it's nothing more sinister than a flare up- and that hopefully her consultant can fix her up with some new treatment next week. Hope you can sleep a bit easier now

We are also having something of a family health crisis- not with my parents but with my brother and as it is a mental health problem it's something of an unknow quantity at the moment. My parents nerves are frayed to bits and the stress is really getting to them big time. Now I feel like we're bailing out on them just when they need our support..........am starting to feel a little of what you've been going through the last few months.
Anyway, are you still on for the 7th? Will stick the thread back up and try to get some definite numbers.
Take care
Yvonne x

Sorry to hear about your brother Yvonne. Not easy, is it? All you can do is know that you are doing the right thing, whatever you believe that to be, and after the struggle you've had to get the visa, you deserve your chance to go.

Yep, still up for the 7th and....wait for it.....Mr B is coming too!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hey Bundy !

Good to hear news that your mum is not too serious. She sounds like the kind of woman you will have tie to that bed to keep her down !!

Hope you are looking after yourself too
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjn2003
Hey Bundy !

Good to hear news that your mum is not too serious. She sounds like the kind of woman you will have tie to that bed to keep her down !!

Hope you are looking after yourself too

Thanks for that. Yep, she's going bonkers in bed all day. Poor woman. And their phone bill has gone through the roof because she keeps phoning people to stave off the boredom!

I am looking after myself. My mum made me promise to see the GP about being referred to a counsellor because I have a few too many *life crises* to deal with at the moment. I whinged, nearly backed out, but know that she's right, so I'll be seeing someone whenever there's a space. Guess that counts as looking after myself. And Mr B has just sent flowers to me here at work to cheer me up, bless his little aussie cottons.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that. Yep, she's going bonkers in bed all day. Poor woman. And their phone bill has gone through the roof because she keeps phoning people to stave off the boredom!

I am looking after myself. My mum made me promise to see the GP about being referred to a counsellor because I have a few too many *life crises* to deal with at the moment. I whinged, nearly backed out, but know that she's right, so I'll be seeing someone whenever there's a space. Guess that counts as looking after myself. And Mr B has just sent flowers to me here at work to cheer me up, bless his little aussie cottons.

Sounds like you got a good un there ! Either that or he has done something really bad and is getting on your best side first Only kidding
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:11 pm
She's a bird, you know

Sounds like you got a good un there ! Either that or he has done something really bad and is getting on your best side first Only kidding

I did check first.....no news reports of catastrophic fires in residential areas of Cambridge or obvious signs of misadventure on his part
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

I did check first.....no news reports of catastrophic fires in residential areas of Cambridge or obvious signs of misadventure on his part

Must be lining up a weekend away with the boys then
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:19 pm
She's a bird, you know

Must be lining up a weekend away with the boys then
....possibly.

Nope, next two weekends are to be spent with me (lucky boy). Watching GB vs Oz (tri-nations) in Manchester next weekend, Bournemouth the weekend after (brother's graduation) followed by expats meet on 7 Nov.

Although, now I come to think about it, there was some rumour of a stag night......
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:36 pm
She's a bird, you know

Unhappy Re: BundyMum update

Just spoken to my mum. Her cancer drugs have stopped working (well, at some point in the last 3 months, cheers for noticing medics) and so the cancer has spread once again. It's hit another patch in her lumbar spine and this time it looks like it may finally have reached her liver. Awaiting the next round of tests, but at best it will mean more radiotherapy, new drugs, probable surgery and at worst a batch of chemo and then palliative care for what little time she will have left. Needless to say, we're all hoping it's not yet spread to her liver.

I'm very, very angry with the medical profession because we've been trying to get someone to take note since August and now all this has happened, and all anyone can do is *apologise*.

My dad is wobbling again but I can't get out there because it's my younger brother's graduation at the end of the week and Mr B and I are already having to go as surrogate parents because my mum is too sick....and after that my mum should be on her way over to Southampton for radiotherapy so I may be needed here (or in Jersey house-sitting).

We're basically right back to where we were in February and the feeling doesn't get any better or any easier the second time round. At the moment, I'm more angry than upset, but that will follow I suppose.

If I haven't already exhausted the supply, some more cyberhugs, positive thinking, prayers and anything else anyone could think of would be very much appreciated because I'm fast running out of energy...

A glum Bundy
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:49 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Just spoken to my mum. Her cancer drugs have stopped working (well, at some point in the last 3 months, cheers for noticing medics) and so the cancer has spread once again. It's hit another patch in her lumbar spine and this time it looks like it may finally have reached her liver. Awaiting the next round of tests, but at best it will mean more radiotherapy, new drugs, probable surgery and at worst a batch of chemo and then palliative care for what little time she will have left. Needless to say, we're all hoping it's not yet spread to her liver.

I'm very, very angry with the medical profession because we've been trying to get someone to take note since August and now all this has happened, and all anyone can do is *apologise*.

My dad is wobbling again but I can't get out there because it's my younger brother's graduation at the end of the week and Mr B and I are already having to go as surrogate parents because my mum is too sick....and after that my mum should be on her way over to Southampton for radiotherapy so I may be needed here (or in Jersey house-sitting).

We're basically right back to where we were in February and the feeling doesn't get any better or any easier the second time round. At the moment, I'm more angry than upset, but that will follow I suppose.

If I haven't already exhausted the supply, some more cyberhugs, positive thinking, prayers and anything else anyone could think of would be very much appreciated because I'm fast running out of energy...

A glum Bundy
Bundy
My thoughts are with you and your family.
I am sending all the cyberhugs and kisses I can muster

You must also look after yourself as you know there will be trying times ahead.

Not much more I can say but I am thinking of you my 'sparring partner'.

Best wishes

G
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:05 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
Bundy
My thoughts are with you and your family.
I am sending all the cyberhugs and kisses I can muster

You must also look after yourself as you know there will be trying times ahead.

Not much more I can say but I am thinking of you my 'sparring partner'.

Best wishes

G

Thanks G. It's not a barrel of laughs, is it? I'm in a dangerously angry mood at the moment (Mr B is hiding at work ). I blinkin well sick of all trying times and just wish someone would give us a break for a change.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

A glum Bundy
my god bundy, what a terrible setback. I just don't know what to say. As always you seem to be a tower of strength...but I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling inside. Big hugs to you and family,
take care
HP
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.