BundyMum update

Old Oct 15th 2004, 3:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BundyMum update

Bundy - it doesn't matter where you are, as long as you are together - I'm sure you probably know that anyway!
Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Happy fifth, even if you don't feel it, sorry to hear your folks are feeling glum, hope all goes well.

Gave you some karma to try cheer you up
Take care,

R.B
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:25 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Hi Bundy

Happy 5th Anniversary

Hope your mums Tests come through ok

Sorry to hear your Oz plans have been put on hold, but you know yourself whats best for you and your family.

Take Care

Julia
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:36 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bundy
LOL! Frustrating, this karma business.

The trouble with Mr B and I going away anywhere is that my boss has stopped giving me compassionate leave (she is the world's least compassionate person) so this last trip and all future trips will come out of my annual leave. So I can't really take much time off to do anything else. We might try a long weekend though.
We used to drive up to the North Norfolk coast in the winter & walk along one of those lovely cold, expansive, empty windy beaches to get rid of our stress. Always worked. Need to wear warm clothes, though

Not too long a drive from Cambridge (so you can easily do it as a day trip). Plenty of nice places to eat & decent beer in the pubs up there, too.

Hope you manage some kind of break, anyway - it's vital for recharging the batteries.

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 10:18 pm
b.uk

b.uk is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=bundy]Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all the useful information and advice, as well as the continued support.

Hi, Bundy. As an ex-pats mum I don't contribute too much to this site but do read the site avidly. All the advice to "Look after yourself" is so important.
The pain control is something else...do bang on doors....sometimes it needs you youngsters to shout for us. I was very lucky indeed - I was helped tremendously by a good GP, great consultant and the fabulous Christie hospital in Manchester. I count my blessings and am thinking of you, mum and dad. Take care now.

Last edited by b.uk; Oct 15th 2004 at 10:21 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hey Bundy

Just picked up this thread after a few days away busy sorting out emigration stuff.

Hope BundyMum is pulling through and the rest of your family also.

Stay strong

Steve
Old Oct 16th 2004, 3:55 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys,

We had a quiet anniversary - just cooked at home, but did the whole thing properly with candles etc, so it was a bit more special than normal. Mr B bought me one of those spa bath attachment things so that I can have my own little spa experience at home. Lovely.

Seeing my brothers tomorrow for a counsel of war regarding the parents and I've got my best friend coming over tonight to offer moral support and wine.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 11:24 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Thanks guys,

We had a quiet anniversary - just cooked at home, but did the whole thing properly with candles etc, so it was a bit more special than normal. Mr B bought me one of those spa bath attachment things so that I can have my own little spa experience at home. Lovely.

Seeing my brothers tomorrow for a counsel of war regarding the parents and I've got my best friend coming over tonight to offer moral support and wine.
Good on ya both! The spa bath sounds fab - try adding a few drops of lavender oil to it.

Just tried to give you more Karma, but alas the software wouldn't let me.

Hope your talk with your brothers goes well, also the evening with the supportive mate.

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:46 am
Go Banana's !!

Thinking of you, hope you had a nice time with your friend.

I suggest to make a wax doll of your boss and buggar the pins, melt it!!!!

Big hugs
Jill

Old Oct 17th 2004, 12:57 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Finally time to reply, but been thinking of you.
First of all, congratulations on the 5th anniversary! Glad you did do something!

Second of all, I was VERY VERY glad to read this:
Good luck with the job hunting you lot.....I'll expect the luck back when I start looking for a new job next year - I've promised myself that, whatever happens, I won't be doing another Summer Schools (5 is too many). I said that last year, of course, but this year I mean it. Handing my notice in sometime around Feb/Mar to leave in May/June.
on the CTC thread, because it's the only thing I wanted to say, in response to your plans being on hold.
Because I normally would've said things like: enjoy the UK while you can, enjoy being close to Europe, your family etc etc, but with the job you have, it was pointless saying that, sort of.

Now, all I can say is: can't you get away earlier? Well, if you find a job already soon, but I guess then you still have the 2 months or so notice.Oh, and of course it's the summer schools you want to avoid, the rest of the job is pretty good, except the boss.
Hmm, nevermind.

Yep, nothing else I can really think of to say, because I know, or maybe not, can't imagine, how confused/upset/frustrated you and Mr B probably are.
As you say, it's easy in the way that it's the only decision you could make, and Mr B doesn't have a choice, but I'm sure it's still confusing/frustrating etc.
So all I can say is thinking of all of you, and we're all here for you.

And time flys!(Pascal and I have nearly been married a year )

Simone
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:04 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys....

Simone, I could jack this job in earlier, but to be honest it is very easy up to about May and I'm really just being paid to sit here and play on this forum! I want to avoid the horrible summer which I will do if I leave in May. That said, if I see the ideal job, I'll be applying straight away! And if I stay here until March at least I'll be able to finish my diploma, so it's almost worth it just for that (almost )
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:41 am
She's a bird, you know

Latest on BM....

She's had her x-rays and got the results back. Apparently it's *just* a flare up of an existing hot-spot. She sees the consultant next week and she may be referred for more radiotherapy.

Meanwhile she's been told that she is to imagine that she has a chronic condition like arthritis or osteoporosis and treat herself as a delicate, fragile wee thing (blinkin hysterical if you knew my mum!). In other words, she needs to slow down because things like this will keep happening.

For now she's still in bed, still on morphine, back on the pamidronate (teflon-coating for the bones) and less than impressed with the whole thing.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:58 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Latest on BM....

She's had her x-rays and got the results back. Apparently it's *just* a flare up of an existing hot-spot. She sees the consultant next week and she may be referred for more radiotherapy.

Meanwhile she's been told that she is to imagine that she has a chronic condition like arthritis or osteoporosis and treat herself as a delicate, fragile wee thing (blinkin hysterical if you knew my mum!). In other words, she needs to slow down because things like this will keep happening.

For now she's still in bed, still on morphine, back on the pamidronate (teflon-coating for the bones) and less than impressed with the whole thing.
Poor woman - she will hate the 'having to slow down' bit - bet she is bored stiff as well as being really fed up. I wonder what you can all do to help make it bearable for her, anyway?

MarkMyWords' Dad is also under orders to chill, and not try to stress his sick body, but to use his brain. We've been suggesting that he dictates a 'Life in the UK Diary' to MMW's Mom, to send to us kids that live abroad. Could you get your Mom doing something like that maybe, which would help that active brain get some exercise, and give her something to aim for each day, while relaxing her body...? What about suggesting that she writes her memoirs, maybe...?

Has to be good news that it's just a flare-up ,though.

Pass on our very best wishes to her, won't you?

Cheers,
Anya & Mark.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:23 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Poor woman - she will hate the 'having to slow down' bit - bet she is bored stiff as well as being really fed up. I wonder what you can all do to help make it bearable for her, anyway?

MarkMyWords' Dad is also under orders to chill, and not try to stress his sick body, but to use his brain. We've been suggesting that he dictates a 'Life in the UK Diary' to MMW's Mom, to send to us kids that live abroad. Could you get your Mom doing something like that maybe, which would help that active brain get some exercise, and give her something to aim for each day, while relaxing her body...? What about suggesting that she writes her memoirs, maybe...?

Has to be good news that it's just a flare-up ,though.

Pass on our very best wishes to her, won't you?

Cheers,
Anya & Mark.
Thanks Anya - and good thinking.

Only problem is that she is currently a bit spaced out on all the drugs so the old brain isn't working that well at present. She does lots of crosswords, reads voraciously (the only advantage to spending all day in bed!) and listens to the radio. She can't sit to type at the moment and because the pain is all in her right side she finds it very hard to write. Might get her a dictaphone though because I'd like her to get down some of the stories about my granny before they get lost in history. Sort of put the family history on record.

Yep, slowing down is not something my mum is good at! But she realises that it is far better than the alternative. Sad thing is that she will have to miss my brother's graduation ceremony in a week or so because she can't travel, and my dad can't leave her. So I get to be stand-in mother (again). She's frustrated about that!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:55 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Pink ribbon day here today. Been thinking of you, as usual though...

Glad to hear it's not something new, but still

And glad Anja and others are a bit more helpful than me

xoxoxoxoxo

Simone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.