Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

Old Dec 29th 2012, 9:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

Originally Posted by Oziks
dear dreamy,

sorry but,i do not think that this platform is a spellchecker!

i convey some issues plainly and this is enough comprehensible.
It's not the spelling that is an issue, but your use of language. You are worrying if your qualification will be recognised, but you need to also worry about your language ability since you would need to satisfy a prospective employer that you will be able to communicate effectively without causing offence with improper use of informalities, or being misunderstood due to poor sentence structure. There was no malice intended in the observation, just trying to give you the best advice so if you manage to obtain a visa for Australia, you have the best opportunities for success
Old Dec 29th 2012, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Oziks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
It's not the spelling that is an issue, but your use of language. You are worrying if your qualification will be recognised, but you need to also worry about your language ability since you would need to satisfy a prospective employer that you will be able to communicate effectively without causing offence with improper use of informalities, or being misunderstood due to poor sentence structure. There was no malice intended in the observation, just trying to give you the best advice so if you manage to obtain a visa for Australia, you have the best opportunities for success
dear old.sparkles,

i know and understand your drifts, what means giving constructive advises.

But this is a platform where people share facts and some issues ,instead making assessments of language use.

If you get the drifts on the sentences,then there is no concern.I just use plain sentences and this is enough to communicate here.

Happy Christmas!
Old Dec 29th 2012, 9:02 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

dear old.sparkles,

But this is a platform where people share facts and some issues ,instead making assessments of language use.

If you get the drifts on the sentences,then there is no concern.I just use plain sentences and this is enough to communicate here.

Happy Christmas!
Using big words is no substitute for clarity. I meant no offence in my comment, but any one employing someone at management level would expect a much higher grasp of English than you are displaying here. Several of your posts have been completely incomprehensible so you are obviously not using English well enough to communicate on this forum.

It is something that you will need to work on.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

dear old.sparkles,

Happy Christmas!
The problem is that the majority of your sentences are NOT plain. They are poorly constructed and difficult to understand.
Many people in Australia will not be as tolerant as the posters on here and will not take the time to try and understand you. I suggest, as others have done, that you work on your English language skills
Old Dec 29th 2012, 9:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

dear old.sparkles,

Happy Christmas!
This is how I would have written it.

I understand your gist. However, this forum exists to share opinions and not check my grammar; as long as you understand me is what counts.

I'm sorry to say that it would be hard-work working with you because of your English. The art of communication is in what I hear, not what you say. I think you are trying too hard to come across as somebody with an "extraordinary" grasp of English.

Why be different? Most of the people on this forum from the UK use very simple words. Some have problems with there and their.

I remember remarking to an Indian friend that the standard of English in The Times of India was very high, yet very old-fashioned. That's great, but it comes across as supercilious to a native speaker, who is taught a more dumbed down version of English. Pretend that we are a bit thick and you won't go far wrong.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608
This is how I would have written it.
I would also point out that many potential employers frequent these forums.

The above posts would of eliminated any hope of an interview
Old Dec 29th 2012, 10:07 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
I would also point out that many potential employers frequent these forums.

The above posts would of eliminated any hope of an interview
Would have, too
Old Dec 29th 2012, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Would have, too
Is that like their and there?
Old Dec 29th 2012, 11:36 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebo1608
Is that like their and there?
That's a big 10-4 there (their?) good buddy.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

i am on the way to improve ,do not worry!

At least ,i got some advises in what a prospective employee pays attention.

Thank you all there!

But the determination of some UK citizens lacking of english is really interesting!

Currently one of my friend who Australian citizen is in my country and he is also having lacking in English,although he was born in Melbourne!
Old Dec 30th 2012, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

i am on the way to improve ,do not worry!

At least ,i got some advises in what a prospective employee pays attention.

Thank you all there!

But the determination of some UK citizens lacking of english is really interesting!

Currently one of my friend who Australian citizen is in my country and he is also having lacking in English,although he was born in Melbourne!
Part of the issue is that people like yourself learn English with the intention of passing exams in it. Native English speakers will often have a more casual approach as we speak and write it all the time, with slang, dialects etc, we aren't taught "correct" English as much as non-native spearkers are, we just absorb the idiomatic English we hear around us. I guess thats partly why many native English spearkers struggle with the likes of IELTS, we aren't taught Englsih with exams in mind.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Bunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really nice

Re: BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

.......Is any UK qualification recognised in Australia ?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bunna_Wabbit
Re: BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

.......Is any UK qualification recognised in Australia ?
Not really

Things are done differently down under
Old Dec 31st 2012, 11:32 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

dear dreamy,

sorry but,i do not think that this platform is a spellchecker!

i convey some issues plainly and this is enough comprehensible.
It's not onlt the spelling, which is OK, and there ios a spellchecker on this forum for use when you reply, but you lack of use of things like capitalisation, the i, should always be I when used to indicate 'me', there is always a space after a comma, and all names will always begin with a capital letter as would all sentences. You post really should have read.

Dear Dreamy.
Sorry but I do not think that this forum has a spellchecker. I speak plainly and think that my comments are comprehensible.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
It's not onlt the spelling, which is OK, and there ios a spellchecker on this forum for use when you reply, but you lack of use of things like capitalisation, the i, should always be I when used to indicate 'me', there is always a space after a comma, and all names will always begin with a capital letter as would all sentences. You post really should have read.

Dear Dreamy.
Sorry but I do not think that this forum has a spellchecker. I speak plainly and think that my comments are comprehensible.
Are you proficient in English, or able to evaluate sufficiently the use of language?
just before all else, you should check some of the words what you typed!

i have been improving my English, so do not worry about me friends

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.