Brits in the Wheatbelt

Brits in the Wheatbelt

Old Aug 13th 2023, 5:22 pm
JDP
Just Joined

JDP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brits in the Wheatbelt

Hello all!

Myself and my partner are moving to Narrogin in the new year. I'm a teacher on the WA DfE's government programme to recruit UK teachers.
Just wondering if there are many Brits out that way, Narrogin or further afield?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14th 2023, 9:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in the Wheatbelt

Originally Posted by JDP
Hello all!

Myself and my partner are moving to Narrogin in the new year. I'm a teacher on the WA DfE's government programme to recruit UK teachers.
Just wondering if there are many Brits out that way, Narrogin or further afield?

Thanks!
Welcome to BE and Western Australia. And congratulations on the job.

I'm not in Narrogin (or the Wheatbelt), but have been to Narrogin. It is very different to the UK, but if you go in with your eyes open I'm sure you'll settle in just fine. It's only a 2.5 hour drive to Perth so absolutely do-able on weekends if you fancy a trip to the city.
Old Aug 15th 2023, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Retirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond reputeRetirednow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Welcome to BE and Western Australia. And congratulations on the job.

I'm not in Narrogin (or the Wheatbelt), but have been to Narrogin. It is very different to the UK, but if you go in with your eyes open I'm sure you'll settle in just fine. It's only a 2.5 hour drive to Perth so absolutely do-able on weekends if you fancy a trip to the city.
Doesn’t need to be a weekday, we regularly did Canberra/Sydney/Canberra after work for a race meeting roughly 2.5 hrs each way.
Old Aug 16th 2023, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I would like very much to read what you make of Narrogin. There was considerable trouble at the local high school several years back, to which the school has attempted to address. I have no personal knowledge of anyone on the ground there in recent years. Be interested to discover just how successful it really was. in eliminating the issues from those times. It does seem to have improved talking to people when last passed through the town. As in most all West Australian towns the drug meth, remains a problem, far harder to solve. or indeed adding to the anti social behaviour and violence.
As mentioned near enough to Perth for a few bright light breaks. An interesting introduction to Australia. Please do keep informed.