Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Passports when in Australia

British Passports when in Australia

Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online UK passport renewal

Originally Posted by brissybee
The post office recommended a really bloody expensive international courier bag. It was $50 and I felt ripped off but paid because at the time I thought it was urgent and it contained a heap of other original documents as well as the application.

That's all the proof I have that I posted anything to passports/Liverpool.

It doesn't strike me as an ideal system.
Bloody hell

I am sending 3 applications, by the time they weigh that lot up it will probably be cheaper to fly over.

Why is everything so darn expensive.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 6:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Passports when in Australia

Threads merged
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 9:56 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Threads merged
Thanks Polly... I knew I'd seen a thread like this recently...
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

swmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond reputeswmbo63 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi did this with the new online forms and it took 24 days from dispatch of photo and declaration to the new passports arriving.

You will get a Txt from DHL to in form you when your new Passport will arrive.
Then a couple of days later a Txt about the return of your documents and old passport.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 10:32 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swmbo63
Hi did this with the new online forms and it took 24 days from dispatch of photo and declaration to the new passports arriving.

You will get a Txt from DHL to in form you when your new Passport will arrive.
Then a couple of days later a Txt about the return of your documents and old passport.
That's interesting, thank-you.

I'm up to 24 days today so hopefully not too far away.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:11 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reduction in passport fees for UK citizens overseas

Immigration and Security Minister (James Brokenshire): Her Majesty’s Passport Office is committed to delivering better value for money for our customers.

In keeping with this commitment, I am pleased to announce that from 7 April the passport fee for customers applying for a UK passport overseas will be reduced by £45 for adults and £28.50 for children. The new fees are as follows: Adult 32 page passport £83.00 Child 32 page passport £53.00 Jumbo 48 page passport £91.00 (Child and Adult)

This reduction comes as a result of efficiency savings made over the last 3 years by bringing back the processing and issuing of overseas passports to the UK, whilst maintaining the highest levels of security and customer service.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...izens-overseas
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:11 am
Home and Happy

Default British Passports when in Australia

Immigration and Security Minister (James Brokenshire): Her Majesty’s Passport Office is committed to delivering better value for money for our customers.

In keeping with this commitment, I am pleased to announce that from 7 April the passport fee for customers applying for a UK passport overseas will be reduced by £45 for adults and £28.50 for children. The new fees are as follows: Adult 32 page passport £83.00 Child 32 page passport £53.00 Jumbo 48 page passport £91.00 (Child and Adult)

This reduction comes as a result of efficiency savings made over the last 3 years by bringing back the processing and issuing of overseas passports to the UK, whilst maintaining the highest levels of security and customer service.

Old Mar 17th 2014, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Great news about the fee reduction. The cost is now a lot more realistic - and affordable!

Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I sent off 3 applications a few weeks prior to this announcement.

Old Mar 18th 2014, 9:53 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I sent off 3 applications a few weeks prior to this announcement.

It was certainly kept quiet. I only got it cos a certain JAJ of this parish sent it to me
Old Apr 11th 2014, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

ollydt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have done a search in the thread but struggling to find info.

I have just lodged my new passport online and printed the declaration form. I have the photos and obviously paid the fee. I am sure that when I paid the fee part of that was the secure posting back to Liverpool. Am I right and how do you go about this? The guy in my local posty in Melbourne said I would need to go to the main office in the city. However if anyone can let me know of the next step in the process regarding posting my old passport off I would really appreciate it

Cheers
Olly
Old Apr 11th 2014, 11:56 am
Home and Happy

http://auspost.com.au/travel-id/british-passports.html

You can get your passport application checked by Aus Post at some of their outlets - but not all of them, hence the advice to go to the office in the city. However uou can also apply directly if you are sure your application is Ok, it doesn't need to go through Aus Post as it used to, If you do use Aus Post it then gets sent by registered mail/courier - they have several options on their site.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well after 6 weeks my passport applications have been rejected. The email tellling me this went to JUNK.

They wont accept my previous brit passport as it could have been forged. Right.... That means my sons passports cant be issued either. Now need to send a new full application with birth, marriage, countersigned by UK person etc etc. Letter from UK will be sent so further delay. All up it could be 3/4 months till we get them. Particuarly fabulous as my son wants to be in UK next month.

So people applying check your JUNK file and allow PLENTY of time before you need it.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

That's a pain in the proverbial!
Old Apr 28th 2014, 3:06 am
Just Joined

Sausage sizzle is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone been waiting a long time for their passport from the UK ? I applied in 8th March . The postoffice in WA checked it for me and got sent to Liverpool . I had 3 applications in there including a first one. Gutted as her birth cert is in there and 2 passports . I sent an email and got a reply asking for the application number and full address but I didn't keep it but auspost gave me a receipt with unique sequence numbers for all 3 so have emailed these back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.