Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Passports when in Australia

British Passports when in Australia

Old Feb 5th 2014, 10:51 am
Just Joined

kitesurfer1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: British Passports when in Australia

Help! I have completed the form to renew my passport online and paid using a UK credit card but didn't print immediately because I didn't completely understand the instructions and now I can't get back onto my application! Surely they can't take something like £160 and because you can't print or you misunderstand the instructions expect you to do the whole process and pay again because that's what their guidelines indicate can't afford to pay again. Anyone have any experience of this???
Old Feb 5th 2014, 1:48 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kitesurfer1
Help! I have completed the form to renew my passport online and paid using a UK credit card but didn't print immediately because I didn't completely understand the instructions and now I can't get back onto my application! Surely they can't take something like £160 and because you can't print or you misunderstand the instructions expect you to do the whole process and pay again because that's what their guidelines indicate can't afford to pay again. Anyone have any experience of this???
Are you applying from Australia? As far as I can see you need to print sign and post the form, so no, they can't take the money as they don't have a signed form
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/adult
Old Feb 5th 2014, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Polyanna - yes, I am applying from Australia. For some bazaar reason I thought I was authorising them on-line to take payment. After inputting most of the renewal, I'd been given a user name and password which I used to go back in and complete with payment details, then I finished without printing. Anyway, after that, it wouldn't allow me to access hence the panic, however, after phoning them, it seems I have no application and I have to start again! I've not checked my credit card yet but hope all is ok.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 5:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Polyanna - yes, I am applying from Australia. For some bazaar reason I thought I was authorising them on-line to take payment. After inputting most of the renewal, I'd been given a user name and password which I used to go back in and complete with payment details, then I finished without printing. Anyway, after that, it wouldn't allow me to access hence the panic, however, after phoning them, it seems I have no application and I have to start again! I've not checked my credit card yet but hope all is ok.

As they have no application from you I reckon you should be ok. Pain having to fill it in again though
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

My sons passport has run out, we have ordered him a new one, but obviously the new one won't have the Australian stamp on it to prove our PR.
Can anyone please advise me on what I need to do, if anything.

Thanks.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

I think they return the old passport with the visas in however, it will all be recorded electronically. Give the passport office a ring - I phoned a couple if times- they picked up quickly and the person you speak to answers your questions so no being transferred from department to department.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

I think they return the old passport with the visas in however, it will all be recorded electronically. Give the passport office a ring - I phoned a couple if times- they picked up quickly and the person you speak to answers your questions so no being transferred from department to department.
Oh that's great, thanks for that kitesurfer! I'll give them a ring tomorrow.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 10:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
My sons passport has run out, we have ordered him a new one, but obviously the new one won't have the Australian stamp on it to prove our PR.
Can anyone please advise me on what I need to do, if anything.

Thanks.
Complete Form 929 and send it with a certified copy of your son's new passport details to your nearest DIBP office. The new passport will electronically linked to his PR status. There's no need for a new vignette or stamp in the passport any longer.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf
Old Feb 9th 2014, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Complete Form 929 and send it with a certified copy of your son's new passport details to your nearest DIBP office. The new passport will electronically linked to his PR status. There's no need for a new vignette or stamp in the passport any longer.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/929.pdf
Thanks very much.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 12:32 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online UK passport renewal

Three weeks ago I applied for a renewed UK passport using what I believe is a new online pay/ordering system.

I think I did everything right and sent off the forms etc, having paid by credit card online.

The trouble is, I didn't think to keep a photo-copy of the application. I'd like to inquire as to the progress of the application but can't find a way to do so without the details off the application form.

Has anyone else been down this road? Is there a local number to ring?
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 12:54 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online UK passport renewal

When you say 'local number' do you mean Australia? If so then no there isn't. You'll need to ring the UK number.

"Contact the Passport Adviceline
Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time)
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)"
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
When you say 'local number' do you mean Australia? If so then no there isn't. You'll need to ring the UK number.

"Contact the Passport Adviceline
Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time)
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)"
You forgot to add that you'd get absolutely no help whatsoever.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:29 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm... as I thought.

I suppose I'll wait a little longer and just hope it's all ok then.

The thought of being put on hold to the UK really doesn't sound appealing.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Three weeks ago I applied for a renewed UK passport using what I believe is a new online pay/ordering system.

I think I did everything right and sent off the forms etc, having paid by credit card online.

The trouble is, I didn't think to keep a photo-copy of the application. I'd like to inquire as to the progress of the application but can't find a way to do so without the details off the application form.

Has anyone else been down this road? Is there a local number to ring?

I printed the entire application and payment out and the payment receipt did not come out If there is a way back in I have not found it.

Can I ask how did you post it.

I have to shove 3 lots of current passports, birth certs, marriage certs, etc etc and I mean really anyone could steal the lot. No copies allowed.

Is there some sort of overseas registered post? I use express post in australia but thats aus only.

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/r...rnational.html
Just thought I would now add the link to the solution LOL.

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 22nd 2014 at 1:39 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 1:44 am
Not actually a squirrel

The post office recommended a really bloody expensive international courier bag. It was $50 and I felt ripped off but paid because at the time I thought it was urgent and it contained a heap of other original documents as well as the application.

That's all the proof I have that I posted anything to passports/Liverpool.

It doesn't strike me as an ideal system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.