British Passports when in Australia

You're on Page 3 of 17
Go to
  • Re: British Passports when in Australia
    Thanks I thought it was okay from memory but I couldn't find a definitive answer on gov.uk website.
  • Re: Passport renewal
    Quote: I was informed that my application was not being dealt with in the UK & I tracked it as being delivered to Canberra.
    So I'm assuming it's at the British consulate & I'll have to spend $3.52 per minute to discuss my application with them on their premium rate number. So premium added to passport application then a premium rate to speak to anyone about it.
    To add insult to injury I need it for 2 months, then I'll not be using it much as will get a nice new shiny Aussie passport as will be up for Citizenship then
    how did you get on?
  • British Passports Renewal in Australia processing changes
    Hello all went to Australia post to get my wife her British Passport App form and they said from Monday they will only check them for a price and that you do it yourself online? Anyone know more about this and how would you submit your two photos? Apparently its happening Monday??
    I have just had my UK passport renewed. Applied via Australia Post on the 11th December 2013, new one in my hand via DHL from UK on the 24th December 2013.

Thing is, it's now been 4 weeks and I haven't received my old one back yet?

Can anyone offer an indication as to how long this usually takes?

Does it come via regular post, registered post or via DHL?

I am travelling soon and although I've submitted a 929 to DIAC I'd be happier travelling with the old passport containing PR visa as well as new one.

Thanks.
  • Re: British Passports Renewal in Australia processing changes
    First I've heard of it but i'll look into it
    The RPPC in Wellington is closing by the end of March so you'll be sending any new applications directly to the UK from this point onwards. When Wellington closes together with the passport office in Dublin all overseas passport production will cease. With a few exceptions where the local situation dictate otherwise there will be no FCO involvement in the issuing of British passports from April onwards.

If you head to https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports from Monday you'll see the on-line application you now have to complete in order to renew your passport from Australia.
    Quote: I have just had my UK passport renewed. Applied via Australia Post on the 11th December 2013, new one in my hand via DHL from UK on the 24th December 2013.

Thing is, it's now been 4 weeks and I haven't received my old one back yet?

Can anyone offer an indication as to how long this usually takes?

Does it come via regular post, registered post or via DHL?

I am travelling soon and although I've submitted a 929 to DIAC I'd be happier travelling with the old passport containing PR visa as well as new one.

Thanks.
    Should have arrived by now. Might be a bit slow due to the Christmas holidays. Give it a week and then start rattling cages.
    Quote: Should have arrived by now. Might be a bit slow due to the Christmas holidays. Give it a week and then start rattling cages.
    Thanks, figured as much. Any clues/advice where I should focus my cage rattling? Office in which country, contact number, email address, website?

Cheers.
    Quote: Thanks, figured as much. Any clues/advice where I should focus my cage rattling? Office in which country, contact number, email address, website?

Cheers.
    Your new passport came from the UK, but your old passport would have gone to Wellington. I would start there.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/...ion-wellington

Might have to be a bit pushy to get beyond the receptionist though.
    Quote: The RPPC in Wellington is closing by the end of March so you'll be sending any new applications directly to the UK from this point onwards. When Wellington closes together with the passport office in Dublin all overseas passport production will cease. With a few exceptions where the local situation dictate otherwise there will be no FCO involvement in the issuing of British passports from April onwards.

If you head to https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports from Monday you'll see the on-line application you now have to complete in order to renew your passport from Australia.
    Thanks for that, much appreciated
    Can someone please give the latest updated website for both British passports applications & renewals. Thanks
    Quote: Can someone please give the latest updated website for both British passports applications & renewals. Thanks
    It hasn't been updated yet. Try again next week.
    Quote: Your new passport came from the UK, but your old passport would have gone to Wellington. I would start there.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/...ion-wellington

Might have to be a bit pushy to get beyond the receptionist though.
    Many thanks for your help.

I tried Wellington a few times but the operator (option 0) never answered. Gave up eventually as one does.

That being said my old passport was returned today and DIAC updated their systems to reflect my new one, also today.
    Has anyone recently applied for their babies first passport? I was just wondering how long it took to come back? We did the application online and then sent off the photos and birth certificate on Friday.
    Thanks
    Quote: Can someone please give the latest updated website for both British passports applications & renewals. Thanks
    https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports and http://auspost.com.au/travel-id/british-passports.html