British Exodus

Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:12 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: British Exodus

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Someone told me 70000 in the pub (in Perth).
Must be a big Pub

Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: press request

Originally Posted by jugsy
A lot of Australians end up in London and don't know what it is like in the rest of the country. I left London because I didn't want to bring my kids up there. All of my Australian and Kiwi friends went home after they had kids but it was to be close to family and because they had had enough of London which is not a fair representation of the U.K.
Have to say there is a massive difference on this site between those that live in London and those that live in the suburbs. Attitudes and expectations of Oz are different as is where people want to live. Think this is the main reason for the disagreements in many of these arguments.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:29 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sjn2003
Have to say there is a massive difference on this site between those that live in London and those that live in the suburbs. Attitudes and expectations of Oz are different as is where people want to live. Think this is the main reason for the disagreements in many of these arguments.
I agree with that.
I hear so many things about how bad Australia is, and yet I don't notice much of it here, due to the fact that I live in an area that isn't comparable to Sydney. And having lived in Sydney for many years I am now able to compare.

Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:58 am
Badge

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I agree with that.
I hear so many things about how bad Australia is, and yet I don't notice much of it here, due to the fact that I live in an area that isn't comparable to Sydney. And having lived in Sydney for many years I am now able to compare.
Couldn't agree with you more....

people have also been known to say "move out of London" but - I WANT to live in Australia...(!)

Old Sep 25th 2004, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Badge
Couldn't agree with you more....

people have also been known to say "move out of London" but - I WANT to live in Australia...(!)
Old sweaty, what exacly is the stuffed animal doing ?
Sh**ing or dancing ?