British Exodus

Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:51 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: press request

Originally Posted by Granger
I mean this in the nicest ways, as just now I am laughing, as something like this would be cleared up in seconds on a face to face value but on paper its hard to express.

1. Do you want to go and live in oz?
2. Have you ever lived in oz?
3. And if you would not touch the article with a bargepole why did you bother asking the first question "Is this going to be a serious article"?
4. Why did you bother saying you did not like there rant, as they did say its either 'peeing down or you have to pay over the odds to do somthing, no beach or lake, summer lasts a fortnight at best' Please tell me what that rant is about because to me that sounds realistic?
Awaiting in anticipation!
So are you suggesting that because I don't like anti UK rants that I should not live in Australia?

Do you have to dislike the UK to live in Australia?

Does it never rain in Australia?

Do you never pay 'over the odds' for things in Australia?

This stuff is not realistic.

G
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:53 pm
heehaugh

Granger will become famous soon enoughGranger will become famous soon enough

You sound like you are in a bad mood or are being pessimistic. Are you a man or women? Or are you not going to anwer that either?
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like you are in a bad mood or are being pessimistic. Are you a man or women? Or are you not going to anwer that either?
I am a Man. What has that got to do with it?

G
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

4. Why did you bother saying you did not like there rant, as they did say its either 'peeing down or you have to pay over the odds to do somthing, no beach or lake, summer lasts a fortnight at best' Please tell me what that rant is about because to me that sounds realistic?
Awaiting in anticipation!

Yeah? And how about the bit about the paedophiles and stamp duty?
Don't they have those in Australia?
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:04 pm
heehaugh

Are you both sitting next to one another with different names, aahhh. Anyway, I was only trying to suggest why the guy might say you were a snob, sorry for trying to help you with that. May I suggest you wait until he comes online then and he can explain it a bit better.

My point no.4 did not say anything about 'paedophiles'. Off course I did not agree with that statement, but I get the jist of they guys point.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Are you both sitting next to one another with different names, aahhh. Anyway, I was only trying to suggest why the guy might say you were a snob, sorry for trying to help you with that. May I suggest you wait until he comes online then and he can explain it a bit better.

My point no.4 did not say anything about 'paedophiles'. Off course I did not agree with that statement, but I get the jist of they guys point.
Granger you are sounding a bit patronising.

I don't need help in interpreting what people are saying,thank you.

G
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Granger you are sounding a bit patronising.
The word 'plonker' springs to mind
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Don
You think tax is better in Aus? Think again.
it has been predicted income tax in the uk could soar by 5p in the pound to head off a public sector pensions crisis! a funding blackhole of 580bn has been estimated, 200bn more than previously admitted by the government!

something to look forward to when sitting watching the rain outside for the 11th day in a row!
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: British Exodus

And another British Expats topic descends into a slagging match...

... anyone see the film Groundhog Day?
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Curls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to allCurls is a name known to all

I am stepping in for Steven'n'Debi here. I think it was the response you gave to his opinion. The part when you said "are you looking for anti UK rants like this?" To me that was very opinionated, and getting a dig at him as if he doesn't understand what it is really like in oz. Let the man express how he feels, don't shoot him down! Very British attitude. Don't take this the wrong way but maybe you should just stick to living in UK and not bother with oz.
And perhaps you should stay in bonnie scotland dont shoot me down just expressing how i feel but i think very scotish attitude speaking out before thinking.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:24 pm
heehaugh

You obviously are not good at "Interpreting what people are saying" because that's what you have been doing;asking me to explain everything. You must live near a loony house! Or I have hit a button which you don't like getting touched. Anyways, this guy posted a question on this thread about a 'press request' get off it because you are are not interested in it anyway.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

definately time to unsubscribe to this thread...
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Bob
definately time to unsubscribe to this thread...
Sorry Bob

Only been amusing myself.

I'll keep off it now.

G
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I'll keep off it now.

G
Think we've scared the OP off?
Wonder how that article turns out now
Old Sep 18th 2004, 10:00 pm
scoobydoo

Originally Posted by Bob
Think we've scared the OP off?
Wonder how that article turns out now

Well, it looks like it will be the usual unrealistic blah!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.