Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

British Bulldog Family pet

British Bulldog Family pet

Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:27 am
Just Joined

hanjack is a jewel in the roughhanjack is a jewel in the roughhanjack is a jewel in the roughhanjack is a jewel in the roughhanjack is a jewel in the rough
Default British Bulldog Family pet

Hi-Ozzie family coming back from Uk permanantly.Does anyone know if there are any airlines out there that will take British Bulldogs by air and if so how did they go about it.My kids( and I ) would go bloody mad without the dog.Apparently a lot of airlines wont take them because of their breathing.Must be another way around this and surely some Brits out there have taken them back home.Know all about quarantine etc-just need help

Regards
Wayne
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Bulldog Family pet

Hi

Probably best to contact one of the pet exporters - Airpets etc as they will know who will be willing to fly your Bulldog. It will be easier than trolling through every airlines website!

Good luck as I know there is quite a long list of dogs that the airlines won't fly. Singapore won't even taken anything with Spaniel blood in it!

KK
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

If you contact the Breeders club they should have contacts for pet transporters with knowledge of the specific needs of Bulldogs....... we came out in 2004 and sadly had to leave one of ours behind (on vet advice) STILL missing him
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

calNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to allcalNgary is a name known to all

Some pet carriers are funny about taking Bulldogs and Boxers but i believe there are some companys out there who will fly them over for you. As someone has said try ringing around them all , but make sure you compare prices too, especially being limited to carriers.

Good luck and i hope you find someone you feel happy using, Bulldogs are really expenisve to buy out here.

Cal x
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:21 am
Just Joined

hanjack is a jewel in the roughhanjack is a jewel in the roughhanjack is a jewel in the roughhanjack is a jewel in the roughhanjack is a jewel in the rough

Hi Guys
Thanks for the help.Apparently there are a couple of airlines that will take them-Cathay Pacific being one of them.
Ill let u know when its all washed up

Thanks again
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Hi .......no airline will take british bulldogs I tried and tried , and had to rehome my angel ....japanese airlines did take them now no airline will........
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:27 am
Just Joined

CraigSarahGeorge is an unknown quantity at this point

We brought our Bulldog "George" out 3 years ago on Japan Airlines, they were the only airline we could find to take him. Good Luck
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:51 am
Just Joined

petshipper is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hanjack
Hi-Ozzie family coming back from Uk permanantly.Does anyone know if there are any airlines out there that will take British Bulldogs by air and if so how did they go about it.My kids( and I ) would go bloody mad without the dog.Apparently a lot of airlines wont take them because of their breathing.Must be another way around this and surely some Brits out there have taken them back home.Know all about quarantine etc-just need help

Regards
Wayne
Hi,

I am sorry to say no airline departing the Uk will take Bulldogs to Australia, the only way around this is to transport the dog to New Zealand and then wait there for 3 months to comply with import to NZ from Australia. I have done helped a few people with this, and whilst it is not ideal it is the only way to get that breed to Aus.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Look-I didn't want to say anymore on this but-this one should really go away now (for fear of uspsetting those who have left bulldogs behind).However for those who say it cant-it most definitely can.
It can be done by Cathay Pacific-spoke to them yesterday and they are the only one doing it, but it definitely can be done,
THe other alternative is to go to New Zealand-if you have friends there and they will look after him for a period of three months then this could also be the go.
Thanks for all your replies- but I really think that this thread should stop now for fear of usetting those who have left Bulldogs behind.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Look-I didn't want to say anymore on this but-this one should really go away now (for fear of uspsetting those who have left bulldogs behind).However for those who say it cant-it most definitely can.
It can be done by Cathay Pacific-spoke to them yesterday and they are the only one doing it, but it definitely can be done,
THe other alternative is to go to New Zealand-if you have friends there and they will look after him for a period of three months then this could also be the go.
Thanks for all your replies- but I really think that this thread should stop now for fear of usetting those who have left Bulldogs behind.
Hello,

Yes the last post is true, Hanjack is right Cathay Pacific are now saying they will accept Bulldogs. This is fantastic news for all Bully owners as I know for a long time this was not possible.
I stand corected and am very happy to do so.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Regards
Wayne
Hi - have just heard via a pet shipper for a customer of mine that Air New Zealand is now the only airline that will ship them.
Very best wishes,
Karen
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

can you ship them over via boat if it's tricky to fly them?

We brought our dogs over to Oz from NZ, neither of which are bulldogs, but a british bulldog will be our next breed and i am curious from a future view as if we move ocuntries we will want to take him (we will get a boy).
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its been discussed many times in the past, but I don't think its come up for a while.
If you do a search on the subject you'll see that a couple of years ago the answer was a straight No, no airline would carry this variety of dog. It was to do with breathing difficulties if I remember rightly. Hence the reason why answers are being given to the effect that no airline would carry them. If things have changed now it's good to have a definitive answer for specific airlines
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KarenBK
Hi - have just heard via a pet shipper for a customer of mine that Air New Zealand is now the only airline that will ship them.
Very best wishes,
Karen
Hello KarenBK
Cathay Pacific have assured me they will take Bulldogs from the UK, dep Heathrow this is a recent change in their rules and a great one for Bulldog owners.
Sharon
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

jen_c is an unknown quantity at this point

do the same restrictions apply to pugs?