Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane suburbs, worst and best

Brisbane suburbs, worst and best

Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:54 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane suburbs, worst and best

Originally Posted by bcworld
Spring Hill & Paddington I'd agree are not great areas for kids but what's wrong with The Gap??
was just regarding traffic, no other reason, older kids its fine, but can get a tad busy on tut roads. ( was answering the safety aspect m8 )
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:56 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
My ex girlfriend once asked me to "kiss her where it smells"...so we went to sunnybank for a snog..
FPMSL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guy we worked for in Sunny' Hills, great fella actually, said he only purchased the house cos of the postcode.

Cost him 1.5 mill !!

I said ffs, up our way you get air conditioning, a garden and not such a tacky mcmansion for less !

He smiled, and jumped in his merc n sped orf !
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:57 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TsukinoDeynatsu
Morningside, Bulimba, Belmont;
Huh? Just noticed this one.....did you mean Balmoral??? Belmont aint got much going for it!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:03 am
Banned

Huh? Just noticed this one.....did you mean Balmoral??? Belmont aint got much going for it!
pmsl.. there are some one sided flaws in his/her recommendations im sure.

I think the rule of thumb is, move to a suburb using the Vowell Formula

Any suburb with only 2 or less vowells, give a miss.

Those with a repetition of one vowell, is good.

Those with odd vowells together is IDEAL !
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:07 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
pmsl.. i think 40 ppl here are all related to mr encheliemer

If your down sunnybank, get me some wong tong soup, we r fresh out
in order to make Won Ton Soup as they do in our restaurants:

Wash dishes.

Rinse Dishes into same sink.

Scoop water into bowls and place in microwave.

Add frozen wontons, heat and serve!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:09 am
Banned

in order to make Won Ton Soup as they do in our restaurants:

Wash dishes.

Rinse Dishes into same sink.

Scoop water into bowls and place in microwave.

Add frozen wontons, heat and serve!
fpmsl RESPECT top answer lmao !!!!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:20 am
Precociously Stupid

TsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant futureTsukinoDeynatsu has a brilliant future

pmsl.. there are some one sided flaws in his/her recommendations im sure.

I think the rule of thumb is, move to a suburb using the Vowell Formula

Any suburb with only 2 or less vowells, give a miss.

Those with a repetition of one vowell, is good.

Those with odd vowells together is IDEAL !
Hey, I haven't been everywhere! These are my rec's based on my experience and a little of friends. some are places I don't actually want to live in but look nice. Place I do want to live in but you probably won't would be yeronga, yeerongpilly, annerley sort of area

Oh wait, Highgate Hill's another poshie nice place to live, and there's an area of yeerongpilly that's by the river - that's niiiiiiiice too ^_^

I did mean Balmoral, used to live in a place called Belmont in Sutton as a kid and it was rather nice, so I always get them confused.

i agree on the busy roads + kids = not a good idea thing, but the suburbs themselves are pretty safe with decent schools etc., so I figured they're no different to living most places in London. all of them have the quiet roads and the nasty roads.

Dunno why you'd go to Sunnybank hills for the postcode - the same postcode covers robertson, sunnybank, nathan and somewhere else I think...
Quite a few parks there but mostly just houses...... and more houses...... and houses....... and a road where this poor guy's had about four cars drive in through his front window in the last year

I didn't reccommend Sunnybank because our crime's gone up, apparently, and it's also detrimental to the English ability of anybody who lives there, and the sanity of anyone who drives there.

But stop dissing my suburb. Just because our school was run by a crook prinicpal and 90% of the population is chinese or 'dangerously' Sudanese (WTF?! They're the nice ones!) doesn't mean we're a bad place to live

You just need to be creatively dim to get by!!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:22 am
Precociously Stupid

fpmsl RESPECT top answer lmao !!!!
Check out Shin Yuan in Market Square - Top Food, but you'll believe my post after trying ANY of their soup
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Jessy69 is on a distinguished road

Keep the list growing! what are the posh places?
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:46 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessy69
Keep the list growing! what are the posh places?
Ascot, Hamilton, Clayfield, New Farm, Teneriffe, Newstead, Bulimba, Balmoral, Hawthorne, St Lucia.........
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Ascot, Hamilton, Clayfield, New Farm, Teneriffe, Newstead, Bulimba, Balmoral, Hawthorne, St Lucia.........
my personal faves are new farm and st lucia. i live at kenmore which is a nice, family suburb but traffic is heinous and we're only about 10kms from the city (1 hour to get in peak hour).

western suburbs are really good family wise, fabulous amenities, established and very green - toowong, taringa, st lucia, chapel hill, fig tree pocket, brookfield, sherwood, graceville, kenmore hills, chelmer. downside: the further out you go tho, the worse the traffic is!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:55 am
Precociously Stupid

Add Milton, Auchenflower, City, Stretton (miles out, but half the suburb's suburbia and the other half is mansions!), South/East Brisbane.......

Hamilton's DEFINITELy the top for 'poshi-ness' + 'name-prestige' but the public transport sucks... but who cares when you live 50m from the river?!?

I'll agree with Rabsody on the western suburbs, don't go TOO west though and you end up in Ipswich. Which would be a great place to buy an investment property because it's slowling getting up and coming along, but not to live.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:11 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Add Milton, Auchenflower, City, Stretton (miles out, but half the suburb's suburbia and the other half is mansions!), South/East Brisbane.......

Hamilton's DEFINITELy the top for 'poshi-ness' + 'name-prestige' but the public transport sucks... but who cares when you live 50m from the river?!?

hmmm, I'm sure Milton, Auchenflower would make the list in terms of real estate values but I work in Milton and have never found either area particularly attractive or inviting. The jewel in the crown for Bulimba / Balmoral / Hawthorne is the Oxford St restaurant precinct which is fantastic.

I think a couple of people have mentioned Taringa - I think this is a great suburb, has a really nice leafy feel to it.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:24 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

and not even in the outer suburbs yet, redlands, redcliffe, 'north lakes' ; ) logan
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:27 am
Precociously Stupid

Originally Posted by datamile
and not even in the outer suburbs yet, redlands, redcliffe, 'north lakes' ; ) logan
In order:
passable, very nice, haha, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

*ahem*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.