Reload this Page >

Brisbane Schools - 14 year old

Brisbane Schools - 14 year old

Old Oct 22nd 2015, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

samobrien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Schools - 14 year old

Hello have just come across this site!
I'm an Australian moving back to Brisbane after 25yrs need some information on schools in Brisbane for my 14yr old Daughter who is at private school year 9 in the UK. What year would she be in Australia. and for her GCSE .
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Schools - 14 year old

Forget what year level she may be in in UK. Which month is her birthday? No GCSE in Australia (foreign country, totally different systems) - Yrs 11/12 are the crucial years
Old Oct 22nd 2015, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

If she's already 14, she just scrapes into the old system where they don't have to have turned 14 before 30 June to be in Year 9. Parents of children born in 2001 had the choice for their kids to either go into Prep or Grade 1 the year they turned 6. Kids born from 2002 onwards have to have turned 5 by 30 June to be eligible for Prep, if their birthday falls in the second half of the year, they don't start school until the following January. My son turned 14 in July and is in Grade 8 - he started Grade 1 instead of Prep but because we had interstate and international moves in the first couple of years of his schooling, that's where he's ended up.
Old Oct 23rd 2015, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
If she's already 14, she just scrapes into the old system where they don't have to have turned 14 before 30 June to be in Year 9. Parents of children born in 2001 had the choice for their kids to either go into Prep or Grade 1 the year they turned 6. Kids born from 2002 onwards have to have turned 5 by 30 June to be eligible for Prep, if their birthday falls in the second half of the year, they don't start school until the following January. My son turned 14 in July and is in Grade 8 - he started Grade 1 instead of Prep but because we had interstate and international moves in the first couple of years of his schooling, that's where he's ended up.

My kids went through on that old system. Youngest graduated grade 12 ( the highest year in OZ ) at 16, a little short of his 17th bd. Good being the last kid, high school suddenly over for good.

But he took a gap year he was no way mature enough for UNI, and he was one of the responsible ones . Probably a good thing they changed it.