Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

brisbane motel help

brisbane motel help

Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brisbane motel help

We hope to be flying out to Townsville in April. to get the best time of day to fly from lhr, we will have to stay overnight in Brisbane. Looking online we have found a motel on the airport site.
can anyone tell me if the price for a family room is per person or per room?
Has anyone stayed in the motel?
thanks in advance
Bazfer
Old Feb 9th 2004, 10:06 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brisbane motel help

Originally posted by bazfer
We hope to be flying out to Townsville in April. to get the best time of day to fly from lhr, we will have to stay overnight in Brisbane. Looking online we have found a motel on the airport site.
thanks in advance
Bazfer

Does it have a name? It might be easier to assist you then.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 3:02 am
ABCDiamond

thanks in advance
Bazfer
If you are talking about the Formula One Motel, then the rate is per room, about $59 or $69 i think, per night.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Sorry that was really stupid of me. we have seen a few motels online. Airlodge international and Airport Motel, seem to be very close to the airport, which would be good as we are travelling with 3 small children.
thanks

Last edited by bazfer; Feb 10th 2004 at 7:14 am.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that was really stupid of me. we have seen a few motels online. Airlodge international and Airport Motel, seem to be very close to the airport, which would be good as we are travelling with 3 small children.
thanks
Nikki
Theres an Airport Clayfield Motel - about 15 mins drive from the airport - I think its about $80-90 per night, thats for a twin room (1 double bed, 1 single)
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I looked on Wotif.com and there were a few airport motels for Brisbane listed - Airpor Clayfield full rate (i.e. not the Wotif discount) family room is quoted as $115 - queen bed and 3 singles.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O.T. calling bazfer

Sent you a PM - not able to tell if you got it
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:05 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
If you are talking about the Formule One Motel, then the rate is per room, about $59 or $69 i think, per night.
Details on :
Motel Formule 1 Brisbane Airport (10 mins to Airport)
ADDRESS:
18 Navigator Place, Hendra
Brisbane QLD 4011
Australia
PHONE:
(61) (07) 3868 3457
PRICE: $54.00 per room, per night

web site
It's part of the accor group of hotels. I stayed in one in France and it was pretty basic but OK.

More info;
At Motel Formule 1 we can accommodate up to a maximum of 3 people per room using existing bedding. This usually consists of a queen size bed and a single bunk bed in each room. Unfortunately, extra rollaway beds and cots are not available. Linen is provided.
Each room has a remote control colour television, as well as ensuite bathroom with shower and toilet

Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

thanks for all the help. we are not looking for anything too flash. just somewhere clean, that is happy to have kids.
i will have a look at the suggestions you have made, when i get the beasties to bed later.
thanks again