Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Bayside - who's coming here ?

Brisbane Bayside - who's coming here ?

Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:53 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Brisbane Bayside - who's coming here ?

Originally Posted by Bix
Is this the friendly patter before a hardnosed timeshare sell ?
Good idea I could sell a few of those blocks behind my house ! Except I haven't found out the prices yet. I want one for myself

Old Aug 13th 2004, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

lovey and wife is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Brisbane Bayside - who's coming here ?

The wife and I are hoping to come out there early 2005 (Feb?), I am from Melbourne and been in UK for about 5 years and have never posted here before but have been reading other peoples posts avidly for the past couple of weeks. We like the look of the Redlands/Bayside area and despite never having been to Qld in my life, have decided to move there for a number of reasons. She likes the warmer weather and from the internet it seems that jobs in her line(recruitment) are quite common in Brisbane and from what we have seen it looks like a nice place to live within easy reach of Brisbane and the Gold coast etc. Hope we're not dissapointed!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

This is great! Just joined today Had no idea of areas this has helped loads

Will start having a good look on the net at Bayside and other mentioned locations.
Should be out on our holiday November time, hope to migrating mid 2005 if all goes well.

Sue2
Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:48 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

hi ABC
hoping to be over for good by this time next year,will be over
next january to have a good snoop about at areas like victoria point,wellington point and god knows how many more places
we can fit into 3 weeks but just found out that my mums got
cancer so will just have to see how things go in the coming
months.
all the best jonni boy
Old Aug 13th 2004, 7:59 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue2
This is great! Just joined today Had no idea of areas this has helped loads

Will start having a good look on the net at Bayside and other mentioned locations.
Should be out on our holiday November time, hope to migrating mid 2005 if all goes well.

Sue2

Sue,

Try www.ourbrisbane.com to start.

It's pretty good for most parts of Brisbane especially under the find a suburd bit.

Rgds,

Paul.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracey&Kevin
We've been here since September 2003 and are thoroughly enjoying life here. Would love to hear from other members in the Bayside area. We are living in Thornlands and have bought there. We have a daughter Emma who is 4.
Hi Tracey, we'll be in area in Sep. Have 3 kiddies ages 8, 7 and 5 (all boys), hubby Mark is a Police Officer (he's 32) and I'm a nurse (29) - will be celerbrating my 30th out there! 13 days to go to flight, really excited (bit stressed) but on the whole we're ok at the mo. Will PM when we get there.

Thanks ever so Annie
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Sue,

Try www.ourbrisbane.com to start.

It's pretty good for most parts of Brisbane especially under the find a suburd bit.

Rgds,

Paul.

Thanks will have a look

Sue2 can`t stop reading threads
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:21 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Brisbane Bayside - who's coming here ?

Originally Posted by Sue2
Thanks will have a look

Sue2 can`t stop reading threads
Great sit, eh?
Old Aug 14th 2004, 1:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lovey and wife
The wife and I are hoping to come out there early 2005 (Feb?), I am from Melbourne and been in UK for about 5 years and have never posted here before but have been reading other peoples posts avidly for the past couple of weeks. We like the look of the Redlands/Bayside area and despite never having been to Qld in my life, have decided to move there for a number of reasons. She likes the warmer weather and from the internet it seems that jobs in her line(recruitment) are quite common in Brisbane and from what we have seen it looks like a nice place to live within easy reach of Brisbane and the Gold coast etc. Hope we're not dissapointed!
Will you be renting up here first to have a look around, and have you picked out any specific areas yet, near Train stations etc. The train only goes as far as Cleveland, but buses do cover the rest of the area pretty well.

Old Aug 14th 2004, 1:32 am
ABCDiamond

Hello Sue2 and jonni boy,

Let me know if I can help with anything in the local Redlands/Bayside area.

Old Aug 14th 2004, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Hello Sue2 and jonni boy,

Let me know if I can help with anything in the local Redlands/Bayside area.

Thanks ABC

You dont know of good a roofing company near by do you ?
Chris my hubby can do most types but specilizes useing felt membrane, I have found some company`s would be great if we could find one not to far from where we may live.

Many thanks Sue2
Old Aug 15th 2004, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for pm will have a look through see if I can find some more firms.

Sue2
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:23 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tracey&Kevin
We've been here since September 2003 and are thoroughly enjoying life here. Would love to hear from other members in the Bayside area. We are living in Thornlands and have bought there. We have a daughter Emma who is 4.
Hi Tracey and kevin

What is the Thornlands area like - is it near a beach? Are there new houses there? Ikeep getting confused between Thornlands and Thornside - are they near each other???

We are hoping to be out there next summer, likely to be in Bayside area but will know more after our reseach trip in November!

Thanks
Carole
Old Aug 15th 2004, 9:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by cagandchris
Hi Tracey and kevin

What is the Thornlands area like - is it near a beach? Are there new houses there? Ikeep getting confused between Thornlands and Thornside - are they near each other???

We are hoping to be out there next summer, likely to be in Bayside area but will know more after our reseach trip in November!

Thanks
Carole
Thornlands is the one between Cleveland and Victoria Point. Thornside is closer to the City. Map here

It does not have beach facilities of its own. Plenty of new houses going up in the area, including close to the water.

Both Victoria Point and Cleveland have beaches suitable for young children, but they are NOT Surf Beaches.

Last edited by ABCDiamond; Aug 15th 2004 at 9:47 am.

Old Aug 15th 2004, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Thornlands is the one between Cleveland and Victoria Point. Thornside is closer to the City. Map here

It does not have beach facilities of its own. Plenty of new houses going up in the area, including close to the water.

Both Victoria Point and Cleveland have beaches suitable for young children, but they are NOT Surf Beaches.

DEFINITELY NOT SURF BEACHES!!!!

Off to the Gold Coast tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.