Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bring out your junk - Brisbane kerbside collection dates

Bring out your junk - Brisbane kerbside collection dates

Old Jul 9th 2010, 4:26 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bring out your junk - Brisbane kerbside collection dates

Brisbane City Council offers free kerbside green waste and kerbside general items collections for residents to help you to clean up around your home and garden.

During the 2010/2011 financial year, northside residents will receive a green waste service and all of Brisbane's residents will receive a general items service.

For those new to this, it basically means that people drag their old junk out to the roadside where it festers and rots and blocks the pavement until the council get round to removing it - or until someone spots something they can use and takes it home!

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:BASE:c=PC_1761

(I love the way the smilie appears in the middle of the URL)
Old Jul 9th 2010, 7:21 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring out your junk - Brisbane kerbside collection dates

Thanks..now all us Redlanders ( we have to pay!!) can go street dumping
Old Jul 9th 2010, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

brissyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Pay for it, noo, just put it out it'll soon get pinched
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
For those new to this, it basically means that people drag their old junk out to the roadside where it festers and rots and blocks the pavement until the council get round to removing it - or until someone spots something they can use and takes it home!
Hasn't Brisbane offered this service before? I thought it was fairly common throughout the country, certainly is in Sydney.

I picked up an oil filled radiator one night whilst walking home (yes I was pissed!), only thing wrong with it was that it was missing a wheel! And when I didn't want it any more I put it back out to the street and someone swiped it before the council!
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:43 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tartankoala
Hasn't Brisbane offered this service before? I thought it was fairly common throughout the country, certainly is in Sydney.

I picked up an oil filled radiator one night whilst walking home (yes I was pissed!), only thing wrong with it was that it was missing a wheel! And when I didn't want it any more I put it back out to the street and someone swiped it before the council!
Yeah, they do it here every year. I was really aiming "new to this" at people new to the country who might wonder why all of a sudden the roads look like travellers sites. It may well be common throughout the world but I'd never come across it before I got here. Just trying to be helpful (for a change )
Old Jul 9th 2010, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah, they do it here every year. I was really aiming "new to this" at people new to the country who might wonder why all of a sudden the roads look like travellers sites. It may well be common throughout the world but I'd never come across it before I got here. Just trying to be helpful (for a change )
Every year? It's almost every 2 weeks around here! But yes, the roads look like a cross between the Salvos and a tip.