Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Mar 27th 2001, 4:41 am   #1
Liz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have in an application for de facto PR Visa and will apply for Bridging Visa A before my WHV finishes the end of May. We want to go out of Aust.for a holiday,cant get away till a few weeks before my WHV is up, giving me about 10 days to get the Bridging Visa. Just wanted to be sure this won't cause any problems or should we wait and get the B/Visa A then B/Visa B before we depart Aust.?
 
Old Mar 30th 2001, 7:04 am   #2
Chris H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Liz, You should make sure that your visa allows you to re-enter Australia... a
WHV allows you to stay in Australia 12 months from date of _entry_ BUT multiple
travel (ie leave the country & return) from date of _issue_- so as long as your
visa was _ISSUED_ 12 months or less than before you wish to return from holiday.
Regards, Chris

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
 
Old Apr 2nd 2001, 2:37 am   #3
jdiaz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Liz,

We were in pretty much the same situation, and there were no hassles in getting my
partner's visa sorted out.

When you make an application for a PR visa, that in itself is an application for a
Bridging A visa, which doesn't allow re-entry. My partner applied for her PR about a
month before her visa was to expire.

We then applied for my partner's Bridging B a few days after our application for
PR/Bridging A. We got the Bridging B within a few days. The usual waiting time could
be about a fortnight, but the DIMA staff were understanding of the need for her to
sort out the visa situation before our imminent trip overseas.

I think it may have helped that due to our situation, it was necessary for my partner
to visit her country of origin to sort out paperwork, etc.. therefore we had
reasonable grounds to be granted a Bridging B in quick time. I would not advise
leaving the country without a valid re-entry visa
- ie. Bridging B.

Liz <[email protected]> wrote in article

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
 
Old Apr 3rd 2001, 7:34 am   #4
Liz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jdiaz
[

Thanks to you and Chris for replies and good advice. I would have 7 days to apply for B/Visa A on re-entry to Aust. under my WHV if we followed our present holiday plans but seems you advice that is cutting things too fine. M/
Agent has told us this would be okay!?
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 7:16 pm.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com