Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Apr 11th 2001, 8:13 am   #1
Just Joined
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 2
ianrats is an unknown quantity at this point

My other half currently has a student visa but because of a medical reason may have to drop a couple of units of study.

Unfortunately, this means that she would have to revoke her student visa because it stipulates that you must be enrolled full-time.

I, meanwhile, have a 457 business visa and work here in Sydney.

My first question is: If she were to apply to be brought under my visa as my de-facto (which I'm told should be a straight-forward procedure given our length of time together (8 odd years and supporting documentation etc.), would she be allowed to study part-time under that class of visa?

My second question is: Whilst applying to be covered under my visa, I am assuming she would be issued with a bridging visa. If so, would she be allowed to study during that time?

All advice/help GRATEFULLY received!

Regards, IAN
ianrats is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 am.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com