Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld

Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld

Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld

Originally Posted by Boomie
675 square metres - the house is just ova 31 squares in building terms

boomie
xx
I'm sure it fits boomie, was just laughing at the 675 sm bit you wrote, that would be one monster mansion of a house

If its 31 squares its about 287sm which would fit.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:57 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Went this morning...... and the workmen had started the drainage.....

boomie

xx
Attached Thumbnails Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6225.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6226.jpg  
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:05 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

boomie

xx
Hi.

I hope this isn't too much of a "sticky-beak" question BUT how much (approx) is this all costing you? Wow, I dream of the day we can live in a 6-bedroom house but even building it from the ground up will probably require my organs to be harvested first?

You lucky thing you...

Cheers.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:08 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Later on tonite i went back...... here are some more pix.....

boomie
xx
Attached Thumbnails Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6229.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6230.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6231.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6232.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6228.jpg  

Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

boomie

xx
Keep the pics coming, I find it fascinating (as someone who doesn't venture onto building sites)! Its nice to see the stages and how quickly its done!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi.

I hope this isn't too much of a "sticky-beak" question BUT how much (approx) is this all costing you? Wow, I dream of the day we can live in a 6-bedroom house but even building it from the ground up will probably require my organs to be harvested first?

You lucky thing you...

Cheers.

sent you a pm re the costs

boomie
x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by glittababe
Keep the pics coming, I find it fascinating (as someone who doesn't venture onto building sites)! Its nice to see the stages and how quickly its done!

awwww...... thanx.... i'm glad so many peeps are interested..... i find it so exciting watching the stages myself..... the workmen must think im nuts when i circle around the cul de sac b4 work ..... dont spose im the first - nor last..... its a strange feeling - its like ya have to keep havin a gander at it....

boomie
x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

awwww...... thanx.... i'm glad so many peeps are interested..... i find it so exciting watching the stages myself..... the workmen must think im nuts when i circle around the cul de sac b4 work ..... dont spose im the first - nor last..... its a strange feeling - its like ya have to keep havin a gander at it....

boomie
x
I suggest you photograph as much as possible during these early stages, particularly the bits you dont understand or dont seem important. A systemic approach to recording is useful.

Take as large an image size as you can. Keep a master (unedited set) and burn onto CD when finished.

The reason for doing this is if you have a dispute or problem with the house in the future, your photos may be able to assist in determining what course of action is required.

Your time now may save you $$ and hassle later

WW
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I suggest you photograph as much as possible during these early stages, particularly the bits you dont understand or dont seem important. A systemic approach to recording is useful.

Take as large an image size as you can. Keep a master (unedited set) and burn onto CD when finished.

The reason for doing this is if you have a dispute or problem with the house in the future, your photos may be able to assist in determining what course of action is required.

Your time now may save you $$ and hassle later

WW
thanx for that WW..... sound advise, you seem very knowledgable.... whats ure trade?

regards

boomie
xx
Old Dec 7th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

thanx for that WW..... sound advise, you seem very knowledgable.... whats ure trade?

regards

boomie
xx
Let's just say, that at the moment, I cause grief for some associated with residential properties.

Of course where there is grief there can also be extreme happiness.

WW
Old Dec 7th 2005, 10:32 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

boomie
x

yeah, you have to keep posting the pics up ......... its fascinating!

those sound like wise words WW.......you the clerk of works?

...and how else will we know where to find you for that housewarming party
Old Dec 7th 2005, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
yeah, you have to keep posting the pics up ......... its fascinating!

those sound like wise words WW.......you the clerk of works?

...and how else will we know where to find you for that housewarming party
You wont find a clerk of works on residential unless the owner is clued up at the contract stage. Most builder's would run a mile if there was going to be a CofW involved.

So that rules me out.

As for the housewarming, the noise would be too much for the neighbourhood. Not to mention the environmental impact on the salt water turtles at the bottom of the street in the swamp errr sanctuary

Even though I could probably walk quicker to Boomie's pad than she could drive at the moment, I will be long gone by the housewarming so the noise wont bother me.

Time for yet another career change. Maybe lion hunting.

WW
Old Dec 8th 2005, 10:57 am

The workmen have been hard at it again today...... the meshing has been put in place......

boomie
xx
Attached Thumbnails Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6254.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6255.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6258.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6259.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6260.jpg  

Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:04 am

here are a few more........

there have been terrible storms tonite...... and alot of trees have been damaged where we are building..... such a shame!

boomie
xxx
Attached Thumbnails Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6263.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6265.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6269.jpg  
Old Dec 8th 2005, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

here are a few more........

there have been terrible storms tonite...... and alot of trees have been damaged where we are building..... such a shame!

boomie
xxx
This looks like a concrete pour for (early) tomorrow morning.

From previous posts you mentioned termimesh for the termite system. All the white sticky up pipes should have the termimesh (very fine stainless steel wire mesh) collars applied and sealed before the concrete pour.

Looks like an early start to check. Camera time.

Also watch how much water they add to the truck on site. Given the distance the truck is travelling from South Street there is no need to add water. More water can stretch how far the concrete goes and weakens the final strength.

WW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.