Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld

Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld

Originally Posted by Boomie
a few more pix taken today....... I popped around b4 work and the workman were in the thick of things....

boomie

xxx
Wow thats some impressive pad youve got going up there keep posting the updates cant wait to see it finished
Best of luck with it
Hilary

Ps Happy birthday (again)
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

a few more pix taken today....... I popped around b4 work and the workman were in the thick of things....

boomie

xxx

Things are coming along! How's your birthday going?
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:20 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by glittababe
Things are coming along! How's your birthday going?

alls gud thanx....... andy's has excelled himself as usual with his culinary treats..... the girls have sumthing up their sleeve for me later.... sumthin rather cheesie if you ask me..... hope it wont lead to a pulled muscle in ma bum cheek like my last party trick!

Had a really nice day..... loads pressies.... lil piggie bank..... (cuz i luv cute pigs), a mug saying worlds greatest pre-school teacher, a new mobile which takes snaps....oh and the best bit..... when we ordered our spa it only came with a clear light at the bottom..... as a treat andy has paid the extra for the disco lighting....so well chuffed.....

I even had a cake and pressies at work (yeah i cried!) kids must ov thought i was nuts..... birthdays are sposed to be happy.....

but we havent gon out.... cuz i expect mum will ring pretty soon..... but we have harry potter to look fwd to tomoz..... anyways off to do ma cha cha slide!

love boomie
xx

Last edited by Boomie; Dec 5th 2005 at 9:27 am.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Whats happening with your slab Boomie, are they the footings? Do they pour another one on top? Ours was poured in one go...see pic... I haven't seen a slab done like yours before.
Attached Thumbnails Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-100_9861.jpg  
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:35 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Whats happening with your slab Boomie, are they the footings? Do they pour another one on top? Ours was poured in one go...see pic... I haven't seen a slab done like yours before.
yeah from what i gather they will box it all in around the perimetre.....then put the metal grid all over it.... (there is a picture of the metal grid piled up on one ov the earlier pix at the front on plot) then i think they tip all the concrete ontop..... but those metal rods look really long.... so i dunno if they need to cut sum off... just a guess tho.... there was a big crane thing there is morning..... andy thinks it may be doin sumthing with drainage...will post sum more pix tomoz..... they may reveal a totally different story...lol

boomie
xx

Last edited by Boomie; Dec 5th 2005 at 9:39 am.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

yeah from what i gather they will box it all in around the perimetre.....then put the metal grid all over it.... (there is a picture of the metal grid piled up on one ov the earlier pix at the front on plot) then i think they tip all the concrete ontop..... but those metal rods look really long.... so i dunno if they need to cut sum off... just a guess tho.... there was a big crane thing there is morning..... andy thinks it may be doin sumthing with drainage...will post sum more pix tomoz..... they may releal a totally different story...lol

boomie
xx
Ahh! Gotcha! It's dead exciting, innit?!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Boomie's is a raft slab. Local practice is to pour the strip footings first then the slab in the next few days. Usually done to prevent the trenches from falling in.

Your slab is probably a raft slab too (cant see any foam boxes used for a waffle slab). The local practice up you way may to pour as one due to rain patterns.

It could also depend on the termite system used.

WW
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Boomie's is a raft slab. Local practice is to pour the strip footings first then the slab in the next few days. Usually done to prevent the trenches from falling in.

Your slab is probably a raft slab too (cant see any foam boxes used for a waffle slab). The local practice up you way may to pour as one due to rain patterns.

It could also depend on the termite system used.

WW
thanx for that WW..... i have seen some huge polystyrene placed by another plot..... so maybe their builder is using the other method.....

boomie
xx
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Yay ....... popped around last nite in pouring rain after work.....to find that we no longer have grass!

I went around again this morning to take some snaps......it's hard to imagine that a six bedroomed house is gonna fit on there.... will post more as things progress....

boomie
xx
The Chief Building Inspector at RSC was pretty impressed about your
"Bl***y Redland Council!" comments.

He is going to ensure that your property gets "special attention" so that you wont have cause to say nasty things about RSC again. He's in no rush, he retires in ten years!

WW
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

alls gud thanx....... andy's has excelled himself as usual with his culinary treats..... the girls have sumthing up their sleeve for me later.... sumthin rather cheesie if you ask me..... hope it wont lead to a pulled muscle in ma bum cheek like my last party trick!

Had a really nice day..... loads pressies.... lil piggie bank..... (cuz i luv cute pigs), a mug saying worlds greatest pre-school teacher, a new mobile which takes snaps....oh and the best bit..... when we ordered our spa it only came with a clear light at the bottom..... as a treat andy has paid the extra for the disco lighting....so well chuffed.....

I even had a cake and pressies at work (yeah i cried!) kids must ov thought i was nuts..... birthdays are sposed to be happy.....

but we havent gon out.... cuz i expect mum will ring pretty soon..... but we have harry potter to look fwd to tomoz..... anyways off to do ma cha cha slide!

love boomie
xx
Wow! Thats a fabulous birthday!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:50 am

The Chief Building Inspector at RSC was pretty impressed about your
"Bl***y Redland Council!" comments.

He is going to ensure that your property gets "special attention" so that you wont have cause to say nasty things about RSC again. He's in no rush, he retires in ten years!

WW

pmsl...... cheekie

boomie
xx
Old Dec 5th 2005, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

thanx for that WW..... i have seen some huge polystyrene placed by another plot..... so maybe their builder is using the other method.....

boomie
xx
Waffle slabs were used on a number of houses in the Redlands. It was a system designed for a particular application and adopted for other uses. There were some issues due to the quick buck merchants stuffing it up, which is why it is not so common now.

WW
Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:27 pm

WW
looks like this is what is happening...... cuz nothing was done on the land..... the strip footings needed time to solidate.....so ta speak.....

but they did deliver the ingredients for the drainage which I think they may put into day.....

will go on site after work tonite for a look....

boomie
xx
Attached Thumbnails Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6204.jpg   Boomies Pad - Thornlands, Bayside, Qld-dscn6209.jpg  
Old Dec 6th 2005, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

675 square metres - the house is just ova 31 squares in building terms

boomie
xx

Its bigger than you think boomie 675 square metres is around 72!!! squares not 31 how many levels is it?, cause its bigger than your block of land if its that big would need to be 3 stories high to fit it in the building pad, some do like it big
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Its bigger than you think boomie 675 square metres is around 72!!! squares not 31 how many levels is it?, cause its bigger than your block of land if its that big would need to be 3 stories high to fit it in the building pad, some do like it big
the house will be just ova 31 squares..... so it ses on our plan.... we had to have the house designed for the block so i know it will fit..... the plans which were used for other builders proved no use as the designs were long rather than wide..... bedrooms are normally all down oneside of the house.... so we didnt have the length for 6 bedrooms....the land we have is wider than usual so it works in well with the design.

boomie
xxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.