Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Booked flights for reccie

Booked flights for reccie

Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:20 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booked flights for reccie

Booked with FlightCentre, flying with Singapore Airlines to Melbourne, 3 adults 1 child incl tax and visas £2382.00. This is in March for 3 weeks.

Thought that was quite a good price, did loads of research on the web and these guys were the most reasonable for Singapore Airlines.

I can't wait!

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Booked flights for reccie

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Booked with FlightCentre, flying with Singapore Airlines to Melbourne, 3 adults 1 child incl tax and visas £2382.00. This is in March for 3 weeks.

Thought that was quite a good price, did loads of research on the web and these guys were the most reasonable for Singapore Airlines.

I can't wait!

D D
Sounds reasonable to me!

We're flying out to Perth next week to validate our visas with Singapore Airlines. I can't wait either

Will let you know how good they are.

Is this your first trip to Melbourne?

BB
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:34 pm
Cheeky

Hi DD

That sounds a really good price!

Have you counted how many weeks you are off going??!! No, dont! It will only drag on if you do!! Wait until we get Xmas over!

Ooooo bet you cant wait!!

Cheeky!!

Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:39 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

I can't wait!

D D
Sounds like a good price. I got quoted £1750 for 3 adults and 1 child flying with Singapore Airways at end of March to Brisbane one way which I though was pretty good as well.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:46 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Hi DD

That sounds a really good price!

Have you counted how many weeks you are off going??!! No, dont! It will only drag on if you do!! Wait until we get Xmas over!

Ooooo bet you cant wait!!

Cheeky!!
Hi there chuck,

Actually 21 weeks and 4 days.... like I really wouldn't know the answer to that question!!!

I keep pawing the flight info we got, I just can't believe we're actually going. Had decided not to because of the cost but then gave a thought to what it would be like to get over there, schlep off the plane and think, right, what the hell do we do now. At least we would've chosen an area, got the boys names down for schools, checked out rentals and it would have a familiarity about it, not only for us but for our boys as well.

Catch ya later

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:48 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Hi there Big Bird,

Yes it's our first trip to Melbourne, we have family out there in Ocean Grove but we are focussing on Emerald, Sassafrass, Olinda and down to Mornington Peninsula. Also have rellies in Maylands, Perth.

Would be very interested to know what your thoughts are on Singapore Airlines.

Have a good trip, do you have an area you are focussing on?

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 3:55 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait!

D D
Hi Ya DD!!
Dont know much about flight prices but wow how exciting !! bet it will be a struggle to step back on that plane & come back home!

Donna.
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:02 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

hello Dolly

how r u?
hope your hubby is ok now.

cant believe your going in march, is it to validate your visas, cant remeber if you have them or not?????

JC has his interview tomorrow, we are sooo nervous!!

laura
x
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Hi there Big Bird,

Yes it's our first trip to Melbourne, we have family out there in Ocean Grove but we are focussing on Emerald, Sassafrass, Olinda and down to Mornington Peninsula. Also have rellies in Maylands, Perth.

Would be very interested to know what your thoughts are on Singapore Airlines.

Have a good trip, do you have an area you are focussing on?

D D
Melbourne is a great city, we had a week last year doing the 'reccie'. You won't be disappointed.

Have a good look at the show homes when you go, they are massive.

When we go to Perth next week , we are staying in the city for a few days, then going on an outback safari for four days, hiring a car and travelling south plenty of wine. Apparently hubby has a surprise for the last few days, but he will not give me have a clue, so I suppose I will have to wait .

BB
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:23 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hello Dolly

how r u?
hope your hubby is ok now.

cant believe your going in march, is it to validate your visas, cant remeber if you have them or not?????

JC has his interview tomorrow, we are sooo nervous!!

laura
x

Hi Laura

Oh how I wish it were to validate, but alas it's only for a reccie.

Lots and lots and lots of good luck for JC tomorrow, don't forget to let us know how he gets on!

See ya

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

We validated our visas by going to MB with Singapore in Feb.

2 adults, 3 kids = £2500

We did a stopover in SP on the way back thro' SP Air - good hotel rates / selection of hotels in 4 categories.

Mornington Pen. is lovely, not sure how long it would take to get to the CBD though or can you get a ferry?

Singapore Airlines was really nice, very friendly, nothing too much trouble.
Pretty ladies in thin tight outfits! oo! suits you sir!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

all you lucky lucky peeps, wish i was booking. i was only saying today that its almost a year since we left the uk for our trip over to aus, seems like yesterday.

lets hope that it goes as quick next year, isn't that naughty wishing the time away, especially being over 40!!!
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:35 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by Big Bird
Melbourne is a great city, we had a week last year doing the 'reccie'. You won't be disappointed.

Have a good look at the show homes when you go, they are massive.

When we go to Perth next week , we are staying in the city for a few days, then going on an outback safari for four days, hiring a car and travelling south plenty of wine. Apparently hubby has a surprise for the last few days, but he will not give me have a clue, so I suppose I will have to wait .

BB

Oo BB, how intriguing - I love surprises.

Found this link on wineries, hic!

http://www.perthweb.net.au/wineries/index.shtml

How long is your flight time? I must admit I'm not looking forward to the long flight. Thankfully we've booked a night flight so half of the journey to Singapore will be whilst we're asleep (I can hope, can't I). Probably be too excited/nervous to sleep though!

Have a brill time

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:37 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

Originally Posted by cadman
Pretty ladies in thin tight outfits! oo! suits you sir!

That'll keep the husband occupied then! Better take lots of tissues coz he'll be drooling a lot then......

D D
Old Nov 4th 2004, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

That'll keep the husband occupied then! Better take lots of tissues coz he'll be drooling a lot then......

D D
Tell him to get the aisle seat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.