Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:26 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

Originally Posted by curly
Farideh I really don't see that Sarah has bragged about her kids she was just stating that that she finds the education here equal or maybe better to the UK. Let's us get on eh? no need for any more falling out on here
you're up late?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Farideh I really don't see that Sarah has bragged about her kids she was just stating that that she finds the education here equal or maybe better to the UK. Let's us get on eh? no need for any more falling out on here

Thanks for that, I thought I was talking personally AGAIN....
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
you're up late?
we don't all go to bed at 9
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:28 pm

we don't all go to bed at 9
8 I heard

ok, sarah?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Bloody hell Winny (sorry, Polly) dont you ever stop in and give Karl a cuddle I noticed you kept the "cat in the bag " for Sunday and Monday
Sunday was an early start and an early finish - if I remember rightly you said you were only just getting home as I was going out again I'd had most of my alcohol for the day before you were even awake

Monday was just two girlies having a good old chinwag....and I promise you, it certainly wasn't your sort of chinwag
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Don't lets ruin the thread guys, its been really balanced so far. I don't think anyone has consciously intended to comapre anyone's children to anyone else's or anything like that.
We're all adult enough to know that there are many reasons for people to be happy here and just as many for people to be unhappy. Equally its not as easy for some people to move States - or go home - as it is for others.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

yes thats not how i read it either, perhaps other person read it wrong, i agree with you my son was in a state school on the southern gc and he was one of the top students in his class, since we came home he is a bit more average really and his whole school here only has a 100 students!! i find the teachers in oz far more relaxed and have far more patience, but again we can only comment on our own experience. when we return to oz my other 2 children will also attend the same school as my six year old was in and i have no doubt in their ability to give all my children a great education.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

8 I heard

ok, sarah?
crikey look at me still up at nearly midnight!!! Dont tell my Aussie neighbours!!

Im fine thanks sparks... rolling with the blows...... AGAIN!!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by justsarah
crikey look at me still up at nearly midnight!!! Dont tell my Aussie neighbours!!

Im fine thanks sparks... rolling with the blows...... AGAIN!!!
so I see... cant help it can you
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

so I see... cant help it can you

Well it seems my destiny eh!!!

At least I quoted the right person this time!!!!

Hows you &yours BTW....
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by justsarah
Well it seems my destiny eh!!!

At least I quoted the right person this time!!!!

Hows you &yours BTW....

fine thanks, the rest are doing well too.

going to have to go now and do stuff before I pick the girl up and get ready for college.

Have fun!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Imreswastedlife
Could some one enlighten me please what is a Troll in BE terms,we are coming to queensland soon and threads like this one used to worry us but now we just take them with a pinch of salt,we'll just get on with it whatever it is like down there
thanks for posting that, I've always wondered what a troll ( on BE) was?
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

fine thanks, the rest are doing well too.

going to have to go now and do stuff before I pick the girl up and get ready for college.

Have fun!

Kayen!!!! Have a good one schoolie!!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I have nothing against Sarah, I know she thinks otherwise, but she highlighted my thread, not the Op, I was telling the OP how I felt here, & as soon as my son finishes his year 12 we are out of here, I didn’t say how well my kids are doing or not, she brought it out how well her kids doing & that's one of the reason she is happy, if she finds my answer irritating she can always put my name on ignore list I wont get offended.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:52 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peed_Off
After the couple of years we have taken to get here (SE.QLD) and having been here for best part of a year, we are in the unfortunate position of not having settled at all, but arent sure whether to plod on for another year or two to see if we feel different.

Her we go....

We feel that the schools are absolute crap...teach them nothing...our kids are going backwards rather than forwards.

Australians are just plain ignoramuses (I know I am painting with a broad brush here but thats our perception). They are rude, walk about like dossers, have no manners and are arrogant sods. They are also NOT laid back or slipsteamed for the outdoors lifestyle. They are mostly stressed out, fat and go to bed at 8 oclock. Again apologies - just our perception. They make no effort to talk to you, even though you make the effort for them.

The weather is too hot and humid, even aussies will admit this for several months. It gets dark at bloody 6.30'ish on average all year. Wheres the lifestyle in that?

The wages are chronically absurd.

WTF is it with these hoons?

Our main reason to leave the UK was for a western modern english speaking environment (ie like the UK) with a good climate. The weather is nothing, and I mean nothing, when it comes down to it. Its amazing how you can be sucked into the glossy ads.

Yes, we've been to expat things and have friends here. My feeling is that beneath many of the expats veneer, they really hate the place as well and would like to go back to the UK, but its like nobody is telling how they feel in case they want to be seen as a failure.

We just dont know what to do. Whether to give it more time or just accept that we dont feel comfortable here and never will? Going back to the UK has its problems but when you walk down the street you at least feel comfortable with where you are.

Apologies if I have offended anyone, but better to be brutally honest.
Thank you for your candor. It is not easy to come on here and say things like that, people can be so cruel sometimes even when you are so obviously suffering. Feeling like that after going through so much to get here must be just horrible. What I will say though is that if you feel that bad it is just not worth staying life is too short, try a different part of Oz or go back to the UK. My experience has been the complete opposite of yours on every count. I knew within the first week that this was right and luckily have not had one day of feeling homesick. IMHO if you still feel that it is not right after so long then you are probably right.

Really sorry that it hasn't worked out for you.

Good luck with whatever you chose to do.

ACE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.