Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!

As an Australian born person I think many of the criticisms are valid to a point.

I have lived here all my life and made very few friends. Mostly because I live in regions that are heavily non-Anglo and the local Lebanese, Vietnamese, Serbians and so on are living in their own little zones and dont associate with any other groups.

All my friends are English speakers(many American, Kiwi and Canadian) because theyre the only ones who will speak to me.

I have never experienced a sense of community simply because there is no united community. It is 167 billion ethnic, religious and racial communities on top of each other - too busy trying to grab as much resources and funding for their own little section.

I dont even know what an 'Aussie' is? Most long term generational Aussies refer to me as a Pom( as I am 2nd generation Australian - not 7th like them) and the ethnics call me Skippy.

Atleast you Brits have somewhere to back to, theres nowhere for me to go to.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

What's with this weather? it's a public holiday so it's meant to rain
Attached Thumbnails Bloody Hell, I just dont believe it!-australia-018.jpg  
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
What's with this weather? it's a public holiday so it's meant to rain
I washed my car and hubby mowed the grass and still it didn't rain, it's just not on.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
As an Australian born person I think many of the criticisms are valid to a point.

I have lived here all my life and made very few friends. Mostly because I live in regions that are heavily non-Anglo and the local Lebanese, Vietnamese, Serbians and so on are living in their own little zones and dont associate with any other groups.

All my friends are English speakers(many American, Kiwi and Canadian) because theyre the only ones who will speak to me.

I have never experienced a sense of community simply because there is no united community. It is 167 billion ethnic, religious and racial communities on top of each other - too busy trying to grab as much resources and funding for their own little section.

I dont even know what an 'Aussie' is? Most long term generational Aussies refer to me as a Pom( as I am 2nd generation Australian - not 7th like them) and the ethnics call me Skippy.

Atleast you Brits have somewhere to back to, theres nowhere for me to go to.
There is always BE
Old Apr 25th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I washed my car and hubby mowed the grass and still it didn't rain, it's just not on.

This should be in the "bloody hell... oz is hard work" thread!!!